Pixar Planet

Pixar Planet

I love to work out, play sports, etc. But to be honest, I’m not the most athletic person in the world. To be honest, I suck at sports (but that doesn’t mean I hate playing)

Anyways, today, I am taking a swim class for PE. It is quite a workout, and it is great for my heart. Helps build my endurance, and a little bit of physical strength.

I don’t lift weights that much. Even if I do, I tend to make a fool of myself becasue I’m a skinny guy, and people get a laugh when they see me try to lift as much as my more built friends do. But I’m good with working out my lower body. I do squats and lunges with a bar with weights onver my shoulders. I’m weak working my upper body. But my favorite weight workouts are bicep curls, chest press (or bench press), and lat pulldowns.

WHen I’m in the gym, I tend to work on the tredmill, bike, or on my abdominals the most. i spend like 60-70% of my gym time on those machines.

If there is one physical activity I love to do, it’s dancing. I’m not talking about jazz, ballet, or hip hop. But musical theatre dancing. It’s a lot of choreography, but when you combine acting and singing as well, you get a full on workout. It’s tough to go all out on the dancing and maintaing a quality sound from singing becasue the more you work, the more tired you get, but you’re not supposed to show.

As for gym tips, I’m not expert. (and you mightnot want to take advice from me), but I’ll suggest working on upper body one day, then work on lower body the next day. Give your muscles a day to rest after working out.

PS: WElcome back dude. We missed ya.

I have never been athletic (when I was younger I was really into tennis, but didn’t continue it although I was good at it). I’m not one to run or jump if I wish.

However, I manage to stay at the healthy average BMI weight that I am, because for a long time I had no car. So I’d walk everywhere, or bike. And I still do. It’s healthy for me and my mother Earth!

I do a lot of walking too. in fact, when I’m not sitting in a class room mondays through thursdays, I find myself walking around campus. My legs are sore at the end of the day, but it’s always fun.

High five! Living in a city allows me to bike, walk, and/or use public transportation to get where I need, so I skipped driver ed in high school. I save sooooo much money not owning a car.

I used to be really into sports when I was a kid, and then I lost interest in middle and high school because none of my friends played sports. This year things have changed a little, and I’ve been more physically active, although it’s been a pain getting to the school gym during our incredibly long winter. I’ve mostly been riding my bike and going to zumba classes, which is like a dance fitness thing. Next year I want to swim as well and get a Wii so I can at least do something in my dorm/apartment when it’s freezing outside (I’m not one for regular video games; I just want to do something fun and active).

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who skipped getting their lisense in high school! I still use public transporation, it’s not as bad as everyone makes it out to be! I do have a liscense and car now, but I only use it to drive to work, due to the extreme gas prices!

TSS: Yes, one of the advantages at being at a college (or any large school), all the walking! I avoid taking elevators, because I don’t trust them, so I do stairs. It helps to avoid the freshman 15!

Do you guys mind if I post a picture of myself so you can tell me what muscles I need to work on, and tell me whether my body type is too skinny/just right/too fat for my age?

Don’t take this as an offense, but i believe that some members might be uncomfortable if you post a picture of yourself showing your muscles.

Maybe i can help you. What muscles would you like to work on? i would be happy to reccomend some exercises for you.

I try to keep a very high level of fitness (i’ve heard somewhere that if you’re physically in shape and healthy it’s good for your mind and makes you generally happier), i’m right in the middle of not fat and not mega skinny (thank god). In terms of sport, I enjoy playing football (soccer), i’m not very co-ordinated in sports and stuff, average strength, although through alot of walking/running when I was younger I have a high verticle jump (one of the few things sports related i’m better then average at). I don’t eat very healthily though. Thankfully I don’t think I will ever be fat or skinny, seeing I don’t want to be like that. :slight_smile:

You can google BMI translator. You’d have to provide your weight, height, and age, and the translator will give you your BMI and say if you’re body type is healthy for on your age and height.

Pixar Planet

I think next fall, when I transfer to a four-year school, i might continue working out and do some either fencing or swordplay lesson.

That sounds like a great and exciting plan!

I know. i don’t wanna just sit in a classroom all day. I gotta find some way to stay in shape.

Agh, all my clothes are way to big and baggy; the only way to accuratley see my body type would be if I was in my underwear!

I wouldn’t reccomend that. I know members would be uncomfortable if youdo so. You can PM your picture to SRS if you want.

I think it has something to do with endorphins. I usually do zero exercise during winter, save for necessary walking, but this winter I tried to change things up by doing indoor exercises. It definitely had an impact on my happiness, because I’m one of those folks who gets the winter blues.

Pixar Planet

Or you can listen to the moderator.

Please don’t. It is against forum rules to even post personal pictures of yourself on the forum, for privacy and the protection of our younger members. Besides, it is good courtesy and internet safety to only share pictures of oneself wearing clothes you would wear to, say, your classroom. That means no briefs, swimming trunks, boxer shorts, naked, etc. unless you are close friends or intimate with the receiver.

Again, same explanation as above. Besides, wouldn’t it be weirder to share it with everyone (since anyone can click to reveal a spoiler) than just one person?

Anyway, those who have seen my first artwork on dA would have a good idea of how I look like. I’m skinny and my parents always complain I should eat more (then again, every parent says that). I have a pretty poor diet (I like eating salty foods and carbonated drinks), and I mostly ignore my hunger if I’m absorbed in something. I also don’t exercise as much as I used to in my teens. I can swim decently (I do an average butterfly stroke) and I can run for about two kilometers before I get winded. But I can hardly lift weights.

Yeah, I could really improve my physical fitness. I’m such a wimp. My bro’s more of a jock than me.