Applicable TV Tropes: to fiction and life

Basically just a discussion board or something I decided to set up. Perhaps you’re working on an original story or a fanfiction. Perhaps you’re noticed a specific trope you like to see in the fiction you yourself read and watch. Or maybe even you think a certain trope applies to you! (Weird but I’ve seen that applied in forums and places elsewhere. Are you a ‘Jerk with a Heart of God’? Is a character of your own creation one instead?)

Basically if you want to discuss that sort of thing here. It’s sort of a way fo throwing ideas around without revealing the entire plots of your work unless you want to.

For instance in my own original work (when I actually get round to it instead of writing random dialogue), while the world is more or less a mix of good and bad almost everywhere, there is a society which could be called:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M … arineWorld

The main bad himself is also a:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M … ndaVillain.

So in any case, anything you’d like to throw out there? Tropes you like to work with or see in works or even ones you almost find applicable to your own lives or something.

I know, it’s a weird idea, but it could be interesting.

Not to mention time consuming as people continually link up to TV Tropes. (My true evil plan!)

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M … inYourLife

My life: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WorldOfSnark

^ Gotta love the “Real Life” section on that page :stuck_out_tongue:

When i wrote my novels, i wanted the narrator to have a more conversational tone to it, other than this stupid drone i keep hearing from all the audio books of famous novels. I want the narrator to have emotion, on, and off his character, possibly add something to the background of his own story. Also, my novel’s main character is my most definite alter-ego. Most of his life is like my own, wedged into a more dramatic, Japanese life. Overly dramatic. he shares some of my characteristics and opinions, but not all of them.

I noticed that writing the fourth book in the novel first, without a true sense of novel poetry, if anyone does get the chance to see it, it won’t be as memorable as the other three stories, which actually critique some of my own original poetry in the story. Vocabulary is a must in my story, seeing that I enter a lot of similarities with the same situation, so thesaurus’ are a must have to my stories!

Finally, Getting the point of view is very crudential on a novel, but describing a little bit wouldn’t hurt. And, I like to have some very strange metaphors that would mean something else to someone, but to me, i get it.

The novel is a new genre of point-of-view:

Second Person, Conversational, Omniscient.