Are you Computer Savvy?

Greetings my fellow Pixar Planteers:

I created this topic for we computer “geeks” to exchange and share our knowledge on computers. To cut to the chase, I need assistance.

I need to know if an Intel HD graphics card is enough to run a Nintendo 64 emulator. For some reason, Google cant help me. lol

Your input is appreciated :smiley:

I don’t consider myself amazing with computers, but everyone I know thinks I’m a genius, so…:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway I’m not completely sure about your question, but if the computers at my school can run N64 games at 60 FPS, then I’m sure that’ll be adequate…

I am very bad with computers! I’m the anti Computer Savvy person, however I’m very good with using the internet.

DirtyBirdy: Definitely. The Intel HD series is a very robust graphics and it’ll be able to handle an N64 emulator fine. Just make sure you tinker with the Video settings in the emulator if it doesn’t work first time - select OpenGL or DirectX as starting points. But a typical Intel HD graphics system should be able to play a Nintendo 64 emulator perfectly without any tinkering.

Oh thanks! I’m gonna go ahead and download that emulator, Project64. I’m also gonna go ahead and get a wired Xbox 360 controller to boot. It’ll be like having my old N64 again :slight_smile:

I appreciate this, Phileas. Thank you plenty!

Well, i got some skills in computer applications and internet, but with actually evaluating the model and anatomy of a computer, i’ll be like:

“Are you speaking a foreign language or something?”

Eureka! It worked! I even downloaded the Toy Story 2 N64 game! Life is good :nerd:

Thanks a bundle fellas :smiley: