Inked

I couldn’t find any non archived tattoo threads. Does anyone want to share? New ideas have been on my mind recently but I set myself goals to reach before I can have them or else I’d probably go overboard. I think it’d be fun if anyone had any specifically Disney/Pixar/non tattoos they want to share! Don’t be shy.

Good idea for a topic! Do you have/plan to get tattoos gazelle?

I don’t have any tattoos. Once I move out of the house when I move on to a university in another state in about another year, I plan on getting a tattoo. That just seems like the right time too.

My dad will be so upset if I get one, but he doesn’t own my body now that I’m 18! I can do what I want! People say “Tattoos are gross, it’ll look horrible when you’re 80” Well, excuse me! I don’t plan on showing off my body at 80!

Anyway, I have two ideas for a tattoo:

A Fleur-de-lys. It’s a symbol that stands for France and Royalty. It would show my French heritage, and It’s just a pretty symbol

fleur-de-lys_500_aunl by elliejessieeve, on Flickr

Or a Feather. To symbolize my native American heritage, and it would have my name written on its edge.

native-american04 by elliejessieeve, on Flickr

People honestly think tattoos are gross? What people are you talking to? Because for some reason I’m the only person I know who doesn’t care for tattoos at all. Or piercings for that matter.

Sorry for sounding so narrow-minded.

For me, I’m very conservative when it comes to tattoos and piercins. Only piercings on the ears and as tattoos go small ones.

There’s a fine line in my book between gross and not cross. Like my older brother has the stupidest tattoo I’ve ever seen, and it stretches across his neckbone.

Little ones are fine by me, but when people cover their whole body or have tattoos the size of plates are gross.

But if that’s how they express themselves, who am I to judge?

EJE I really like how personal your concepts are. Are you really going to only do one or the other? I bet the decision will be really tough since it’s one heritage over the other. They’re both awesome ideas.

I plan to get a Mickey outline between under my collarbone and my heart. Like I said in the OP I’m just trying to keep myself from going out and getting a billion; my goal for the Mickey is when I move to Florida to work at Disney. (My career is park entertainment).

Right now I’m brainstorming a Toy Story inspired idea >< I was making up To Infinity and Beyond but I’m having some trouble representing the ‘beyond’ part right now :unamused:

Gazelle: Well, it’ll depend on how I handle getting the firstone, I don’t like pain too much! But I’ll probably stick to just one. I’m leaning more to the Fleur-de-lys, because I’ve always just really loved it! I have another year or two to figure it all out.

And I like your idea, A nice simple Mickey outline would be super cute.

And I didn’t know you were intersted in Park Entertinment, that is so cool! What do you have to do to do that? At my college in Northern California we had a representative come there from Disney who was representing some like internship program at Disneyland Resort. I didn’t go to it, but it sounded awesome.

Good plan. I have a super low tolerance for pain as well. So does my best friend and she just got her first tattoo… says all the pain-talk is hype x] She did just fine, the way she explained it didn’t sound so bad and she said that she was worried for nothing. The tattoo was on her back behind her shoulder. Location does make a lot of difference, though.

I’ve been in park entertainment for four years, I use to perform at Six Flags and I did a Halloween show last October at SeaWorld. Now I’m just working a lot of server jobs trying to save up more so I can move. I hear only great things about Disney College internships, but that ship has sailed for me.

Am I allowed to post pictures of my tattoos in this thread? They’re just on my arms but I thought there was a problem with posting pictures of yourself because of the younger members. Mods: if these are a problem, you can take them down.

This is my own design that was inked onto me by Dawn Grace at the Tattoo Factory in Chicago. The leaves flow around my arm, which is hard to tell in one photo. Yes, I will have to cover it up for certain jobs every single day. My mom, a CPA who will soon be teaching college students, was just telling me last night that at some class/seminar they’re teaching HR people to be more lax with tattoo policies. Of course, that’s probably for people who work in offices and not teachers working with kids. I want to be an art teacher and highly doubt any school would allow me to show my tattoos in class, even if they’re not obscene in any way, shape, or form. (Bonus pic of my animation collection in the back!)

This one is only a few weeks old. It’s a Where the Wild Things Are tribute, with artwork from the book and a quote from one of the movie posters, I believe. I never thought I’d be the type to get quotes tattooed on me, but this one spoke to me in context of the book, which I hold very dear to my heart. My mom didn’t like the concept when I told her about it, but I don’t think she understood that it’s supposed to have a more profound meaning to it and isn’t just someone else’s work copied onto me. She thinks it’s unoriginal because it’s copyrighted work, but I put everything together myself…

I want to get a Ghibli/Totoro tattoo next summer, or whenever I have money to do so. It would for sure be black/grey and probably below my latest wrist tattoo.

eje, I love the feather and fleur de lys idea. I also sort of like the idea of any Pixar/Disney tribute, although I wouldn’t do it myself until I had the perfect design. I’m the sort of person who will only get tattoos done if they’re aesthetically pleasing, fit well with my body, AND have meaning.

As for pain, any part with a lot of fat doesn’t hurt much. There’s a pricking feeling, sort of like a cat kneading into your skin with its claws. When it gets closer to the bone and such, it hurts more, but it’s bearable. Then again, I’ve only had my wrist & whole arm done… Not ribs or anything.

q_o_p: WOW! The tattoo on your arm is so pretty, and I’ve never seen a tattoo where the leaves are falling off, it’s very pretty. I really like how you designed it yourself, I’m sure it makes it twice as special!

The bracelet on is really nice too, I like how colorful it is.

gazelle: That’s so awesome, it sounds like your on your way to be a Cast Member, I wish you all the luck! Do you know if/when you’l get your tattoo?

When I’m 18, my mom said she’s going to let me get the Cars logo on my lower back. :wink: The same place Sally has her tattoo. She has tattoos, so she approves. Her only rule: Make sure I can still look professional.
I’m also getting Lightning on my left ankle looking at Sally, who is going to be on my right ankle, and Sally is going to be looking at him.
I also plan on getting “Life’s a journey. Enjoy the trip.”.
The “Life’s a journey.” part will be under Lightning and “Enjoy the trip.” will be under Sally.
That quote is from the Cars 2 teaser trailer. Life’s a journey will be under Lightning because it’s basically Lightning realizing and saying “Life is a journey.” while looking at Sally. Enjoy the trip will be under Sally because it’s like Sally telling him “Enjoy the trip.”, which is what she showed him in the movie. <3

My 18th birthday tattoo will be the Cars logo for sure though. The other’s will come later.

I’ve got three tats so far, with one being Pixar-related. I designed this stylized Celtic Randall several years back and had it done in Augusta, GA, before tattooing became legal in SC. His shape actually forms my first initial, “S”. I really need to get him re-inked, since this design(poor Randall goes through heck no matter where he winds up, it seems)was nearly lost due the tattoo parlor providing me with a salve to use right afterwards that contained lanolin, to which I’m highly allergic, and to me not reading the ingredients.

I’m planning to get another, more-detailed, Randall tattoo as soon as I can scrape up the money, since I’ve already got the design and there is now a really good tattoo parlor nearby.

pitbulllady

x3haijessiex3: That’s really nice that your Mom, approves. My parents don’t really. But that makes me like getting one even more :smiling_imp: jk

I really like the idea of a tattoo saying “Life’s a journey. Enjoy the Trip” with Lightning and Sally. I’ve always loved that tagline, and it’s perfect with a tattoo. It’s also fitting that Lighting and sally are with it too!

Do you plan on getting the Cars Logo one first or the Lightning/Sally one?

pitbulllady: I likes yours! I like how Randall is in Celtic style, it’s very clever! (I’ve fallen in love with Celtic Knots ever since my trip to Ireland). That’s unfortunate about the allergic reaction, and that it needs to be re-inked. But hopefully it was worth it for you!

The logo will be my first one. :slight_smile:

Glad you like the idea! :smiley: