Facebook

Does anyone have a Facebook and is looking for friends? If anyone would like to be my friend or friends with anyone else, post here. :smiley:

You know, if yer interested in friending Pixar Planet members, you can find a lot of them in Facebook Pixar Planet usergroup.

Yeah, but then I donā€™t know who they are. :smiley: Thanks, though.

I guess if you wanted to be friends with certain members of PixarPlanet you could PM themā€¦ not very many people wanna put out their real names on a site like this where anyone can see it, you know? I know I wouldnā€™t! :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, a few people have posted on the PixarPlanet group page saying who they wereā€¦ you could check that out, too. :slight_smile:

little chef

I do have a facebook, but only a select few members of Pixar Planet are my friends. I try to keep a low profile and to keep my privacy in tact. So far, I think I only have 5 friends on FB that are PP members.

Does anyone play Fishville? Sorry, random, but I just wanted to know. Is there anyone alive on here that actually IS looking for friends?? Life gets boring when youā€™re a loser/marching band nerdā€¦ :cry:

I have facebookā€¦

I use to play farmvilleā€¦i quit after about level 23 or soā€¦i stick with harder games that require less time.

If you want to become friends PM me here at PP and iā€™ll give you my nameā€¦then you can go to FB and look me upā€¦

Oh, guess what?? Iā€™m FB friends with Johnh Ratzenberger and John Lasseter!!! Iā€™m so happy :smiley:

I got my Facebook last September or October if I remember right. Before that I had a Myspace, which I hardly ever used. Then I switched over to Facebook cuz I heard so much about it, and now I for def like it way better than Myspace. I ended up deleting my Myspace account last January. Also, on my Myspace I had like 4 friends, as of now I have like 45 friends on Facebook, so yeah, I definately like Facebook more. I have a stupid little goal of mine to get 100 friends by 2011 :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that Myspace is pretty much made for people who are in the Junior High School range and then Facebook was made for College Students, so that would explain why a lot of high schoolers have both a Myspace and a Facebook.

I used to play Farmville, but I eventually just stopped caring about it, or any of the other apps I ever used :stuck_out_tongue:

ā€¦

If youā€™d like to add me, give me a PM. :wink:

Ditto that, Phileas. If you PM and me and I consider you to be someone I know well from here, Iā€™d be happy to be friends with you on Facebook. :smiley:

Really? Theyā€™re actual personal profiles and not just fan pages? Cool. :slight_smile:

I only got into Facebook fairly recently, and, for the most part, I only use it for activism reasons that I will NOT delve into. :confused:

On a note related to the last few posts, I myself have officially found the Facebook page of none other than Brad Fiedel, who, for those of you who arenā€™t soundtrack nuts, gave us the infamous music for the first two Terminator movies! :smiley: Iā€™ve even sent him a PM regarding his music, and I still have confidence in waiting, as he publicly implied in one discussion that he doesnā€™t go online much.

Farmville eats your soul. I finally quit it. XD!

Haha!! I totally agree. I donā€™t really ā€œlikeā€ Farmville that much, but I know a woman whoā€™s lvl 45 on her farm, her sonā€™s, and her husbandā€™s. If anything, I guess I really like Fishville, but nothing but Pixar films can penetrate my soul, let alone eat it. Hey, Hockeypuck, would you like to be FB friends??

Itā€™s all about Cafe World!

Sure Iā€™ll add you :slight_smile: my link is in my profile.

Sorry folks, but Iā€™ve not been a big fan of Facebook to begin with. I mean, I like it as an alternative medium to connect with my friends, but it really is an ā€˜open secretā€™ that this company makes it money primarily by invading your privacy. Why else do you think the ads are all targeted to your tastes and interests? Data-harvesting ainā€™t exclusive to FB (Iā€™m looking at you, Youtube), but it is one of the biggest offenders, contrary to what they say.

Thereā€™s an online tool I ran yesterday called ā€˜Reclaim Privacyā€™ that checks if your personal info is being shared without your consent, and the results are shocking. I got only two ā€˜green okaysā€™, but there were three ā€˜orangesā€™ and two ā€˜redsā€™, with one of the programs something which I never knew about and was deeply embedded in the ā€˜Application Settingsā€™ tab. I suggest everyone run this app and see how much of your personal info is revealed to strangers and third-party advertisers.

I canā€™t stress the importance of Internet safety, thereā€™s a recent Facebook murder in Australia which you can Google about that has the bigwigs in Canberra all flustered about. And then people complain that local law enforcement should have responded to Facebook complaints. Puh-leeze, itā€™s like the whole ā€˜video-game makes crazy pyschosā€™ argument all over again. Whereā€™s the sense of personal responsibility, people? :unamused:

But other than that, I occassionally log in to Facebook, much less time than I spend here anyways. Why correspond with your friends online when you can meet 'em in real-life? Here of course, you guys are like the ā€˜friends I never meetā€™. :slight_smile:

On an interesting side-note, one member from here managed to track down my Facebook profile and even sent a Friend request! Just goes to show how easily you can be found online. Scary, huh? :wink:

smiles
:smiley: