Ever Had a Spooky Experience?

With it coming up to Halloween, I thought this would be a good time to share any spooky experiences you have had. Here’s a story of mine:

A few years ago, I was out of the house during the late morning and my mum rang me on my mobile phone asking me if I knew where her work bag was. I told her that I hadn’t seen it. Ten minutes later I rang her back and asked if she had found it and she said she had, and I asked her whereabouts it was, but she wouldn’t tell me, even after me pressing her about it. I thought that was strange, but I didn’t think much of it after that.

That night after she got home I asked her where she found the bag, and she said it was underneath one of her bottom drawers. You know how when you pull a draw out down the bottom there is a bit of a gap to hide things? Well, she had pulled the drawer out the day before and after looking everywhere for the bag, and something told her to go back and look there so she did and that’s where she found it.

Oh, and did I forget to mention the next day was the 1st of November, meaning it happened over Halloween night?! We’re guessing it was a ghost that hid the bag there, but our cats didn’t wake up and screech or anything in the middle of the night and usually animals are a good indicator of paranormal activity. shrug

Also, a few weeks after that, I was watching TV with my family and a few other people and my mum’s mobile phone rang, so she went and answered it but no-one was on the other line, and she kept saying “hello? hello?” so she hung up after about 10 seconds of this. Then she looked at the caller ID, and it was from my sister’s phone, but her phone was in the next room while my sister was in the lounge room! So it seemed as if the phone had called my mum’s phone by itself. I got pretty freaked out right there. It could have been a crossed wire or something to do with telecommunications, but it makes for a spooky story nonetheless.

Ooh, very scary stories Rachel, particularly the bag one. It’s weird sometimes, how instincts and that certain feeling in your gut can lead you to the right place.

Hmm. I don’t think anything particularly spooky has happened to me.

Although, I do have to mention what happened a few nights ago- I was out bowling with some friends for an 18th birthday party, and as a friend of mine went up to bowl, I thought I’d annoy her by following her up to the lane and whispering in her ear. She had been pretty appalling in that game, so I kept whispering in her ear, ‘you can do it Charlotte, you can do it’ in a weird, Gollum-esque voice, and she was getting all annoyed with me and kept laughing, saying that I was distracting her.

And then she got a strike. I’ve never laughed so hard in my laugh. :laughing: Sort of spooky, I guess…

The spookiest experience I have ever experienced was hiking out in the mountains when I was young during one fall season. After one of the grown ups told one scary ghost story, we all hiked back down to our campsite. The scariest part was I got lost and had no idea where I was. it was dark and very scary.

This is a video clip from Ghost Hunters Live 2006 which was at the Stanley Hotel. And in this video clip, There a a voice that says Hello a few times, then it laughs. What makes this a spooky experience for me. Is that I was watching this airing of Ghost Hunter Live from start to finish when it was on in 2006. And I heard that voice and laugh Live on TV. It creepped the tar out of me when I herd it. Anyways, here’s the video: youtube.com/watch?v=l3agysqtg9g

My most terrifying expierience was last summer…

We were camoping with sopme relatives up in the forest and had just arrived.

Day 1-We arrived late that night and me and my two younger brothers and my older brother were inside one tent. That night we hear d growling and wolf noises around the campground.

Day-2 We woke up early and from our relative learned that the park rangers had released some bears and wolves back into the area to try and control the deer that lived near a pond some 2 miles away from us. My younger brothers decided to sleep in the camper instead. That afternoon we went over to teh pond and saw some wolf marks and some deer do-do. That night the noises continued and the wolves got really close ot the campground. Almost all of you relatives awoke to their howling. We also heard more growling noises. That morning a car alarm woke the entire campground up. It was really freaky…

Day-3 We had a great time playing games and other stuff…it rained all day after the morning. That night we really heard noises and the wolves started earlier…

Day-4 We leave that morning…leaving behind the bears and wolves.

We later learned what thiose noises were…

Bear noises-Our Uncle Don
Wolf Noises-Actually real. they had been released some 5 miles away to erase a infestation of some animal and would sometimes get close to the campgrounds…
We also never saw but heard the Ghost of Hoyer Canyon return again but we never got close to it…

A few years back my older cousin and I were babysitting my younger brother and cousin. We decided it would be fun to watch one of those ghost hunters shows on TV. Afterwards, we went into an empty room (our basement was being remodeled then) and each took a corner and we were going to try to communicate with spirits. My cousin said, “Close your eyes and listen for the spirits.” As soon as she said that, the phone rang and we all jumped. Turned out to be my grandma, but it still was spooky at the time!

I’ll just copy from the other forum I’d posted in, but this has to do with ghostly-like experiences, not generally spooky.

In the playroom (adjacent garage in my backyard) I’ve experienced several unexplainable things. I kept hearing a cat mew every few seconds, and it sounded just like my cat, but she hardly ever mews and when I looked to her, she was busy cleaning herself and couldn’t have possibly been making any noise - she only makes noise rarely if I come into the room with food or water for her.

Other than the usual cold spots I’ve had in the playroom (in the summer in the loft when that thing usually feels as if it’s on fire!) my sister had heard some rustling atop our claw machine. She thought it was my cat Hope, and yelled at her to stop, but Hope was sitting by the window. She kept hearing rustling up there, but when she went to look, it stopped. Now, someone would probably say it’s a mouse or something - highly doubtful because it’d be really hard for one to scale up that high, and my cat would’ve gotten it because she hides up there. My sister wasn’t hearing things either, because in the middle of the rustling, she got excited and wanted to look. My sister just ran out of there and into the house.

Occasionally, we’d hear strange things out there, like a whispered voice calling our name or asking ‘what?’ and they’re still unexplained. Even though I’m sure the place isn’t haunted at all, I still always get a feeling like I’m being watched - a strong feeling that usually happens as I’m stepping through the doorway and I hurry to close it. But other than that … well, the room always freaked me out a bit. I don’t take these unexplained events seriously, but the room still irks me.

It really stinks that I now have to sleep back there Sunday night through Thursday night, so now since I recalled these things, I probably won’t be able to sleep tonight.

Oh! Another thing – when I was seven or eight years old, there was this old house in the middle of a patch of woods on the next block. It was rather creepy looking. My family and I were walking by one night for some reason or another, and I saw a light on in the window. I saw a figure with his back turned to me, sitting in a rocking chair. My sister saw it too. I’d never seen the owner of the house before, so I turned and asked my mom if that was him.
She said that the old man died over a week ago (she knew because one of our neighbors had looked after him for a while.) I looked back, and all I saw was an empty chair. Both my sister and I were pretty freaked out by that - it could’ve been some optical illusion … but I’m not too sure.

pretty scary FONY those really had me…

Sometimes at night, in bed, I feel a hand on my shoulder or fingers softly stroking my cheek, as well as quiet footsteps. If my house is haunted, at least it is a friendly ghost.

that’s nice Rac_Rules…maybe its a grandmother?

The scariest thing that ever happened to me was when my friend was over for a sleepover 2 years ago. We were playing Game Cube and everything was silent for a moment. And then all of a sudden there was a knocking at the window. We ran into the family room. I was too scared to fully see what it was but it was some gothic image. It was pretty creepy. The next day we went to the front yard and looked at the window that was knocked on and there was nothing there. I’m pretty scared to go in my living room now.

Have you had any spooky experiences Al-Bob?

hmmm…other then animal noises when you are unprotected by a house???

ummm…sometimes i feel like my grandmothers house is haunted but in a nice way…like someone is there watching over us.

Our car was robbed last summer so whenever it gets really dark it gets kinda scary.

i really don’t have any ghost expieriences in my lifetime…maybe i haven’t been looking for them?

Intresting. Speaking of ghosts, I don’t believe in them, so that is probably why spooky stuff doesn’t happen to me anymore.

mostly the same thing here…i just don’t believe that scary things are unexplainable.

Join the club dude. Join the club.

Have you had any supernatural expieriences??

I don’t believe so. like I said, I don’t believe in ghosts. Not back then, and not now. So that was probably why i haven’t had any experiences like that.

no i mean out of the ordinary…something other then a ghost.

Hmmm, I don’t think so.