Rest In Peace

The King of Pop has passed away:

[url]http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/michael-jackson-dead-20090626-cyjb.html[/url]

Despite all he went through during his last years, I will always think of Michael Jackson as one of the greatest musicians who ever lived.

Rest in peace, Michael Jackson.

We love him, we hate him. MJ definitely has created some of the best pop songs I’ve ever heard. That’s of no doubt. He thrilled us with Thriller, he was smooth in Smooth Criminal and Moonwalker. He was probably like the Elvis of pop, but that just goes to show how dangerous a life these people led.

Rest in peace, King of Pop.

~ Flare, signing off to MJ

You beat me to it, PV. Curse my computer issues.

Some people will probably not even care, but I have to admit, I feel somewhat sad. I mean, sure, he evidently screwed up his life in later years, but this is a sad day, and the second notable death today; Farrah Fawcett has also passed after her long battle with cancer.

R.I.P. Mr. Jackson. You will be missed.

I always enjoyed his music. Despite how messed up his life got, his death is still sad news to get. RIP Michael Jackson. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Funny how a day seems normal, and then something absolutely shocking happens.

Rest in peace, Mr.Jackson.

Right after I got out of the movie theatre, I turned on the car radio and a whole bunch of MJ songs were playing. I thought something special happened like his birthday or something, but then ten minutes later, I heard about the terrible tragedy.

I wasn’t a big fan, but I loved his music. I adored his work in the Jackson Five and was amused with his single work. I doubt there will be anyone else like him. Love him or hate him, you’ve gotta honor the King of Pop.

Rest in peace MJ. From when fans adored you with ABC, I’ll Be There, and I Want you Back, to when fans Idolized you from Thriller, Man In the Mirror, Smooth Criminal, and Beat It, you will be missed.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson. You brought us the best pop songs of all time, and the world’s best selling album. You’ll be surely missed.

R.I.P MJ. I dunno how many times I cried this week. This is absolutely shocking to me. I just woke up from sleep, turn the TV on, MJ’s Billie Jean playing.
I switched the channel to channel; I’ve been struck by lightning. My one of most favorite artists died, when I’m asleep. I’m taken aback deeply. It’s hard to accept the fact that he’s…gone…

We’re gonna miss you MJ. We’re gonna miss your moonwalk your Smooth Criminal and beatin’ pumpin’ groovin’ Beat It.

We :heart: u, MJ.

T_T

Woah, what a way to wake up…

This is so unexpected and a reminder of how fragile life is. I watched the morning shows which is all they were practically covering, along with the death of Farrah Fawcett. It got a bit depressing after a while so I had to turn it off. MJ is one of the few non-orchestrated artists I can listen to. My favourite songs of his are “Don’t Stop 'Til You Get Enough”, “Thriller” and “Earth Song”. It seems that no matter what age you are, people know who he is. Few artists reach such success and generational reach such as he did. I still remember when I was little and he released the song “Bad”, and watching the mesmorising music video for “Black or White”, where the faces morph from one ethnicity to the next, which was kind of ironic seeing as that’s what happened with his own face. Having said that, I hope he’ll be remembered for his impact on music rather than eccentricities.

RIP King of Pop, Michael Jackson. :frowning:

MJ Tribute: The Way You Make Me Feel to all members of this forum. :frowning:

R.I.P you thrillin’ guy.

For a music fan, this is really upsetting for me. :frowning:
RIP Micheal Jackson
Gone, but not forgotten.

My family was watching our cat do something stupid outside, so I was the only one watching the news when they announced it. It was kind of a shock and I was just like “Michael Jackson?! THAT Michael Jackson?!” and I ran to tell them (they didn’t really care).

It’s horrible! I almost cried! D; No matter what awful things people would say about him, he’s still amazing. D; And his music is incredible, too.

R.I.P. MJ

This didn’t really hit home until I saw Jermaine Jackson at a press conference talking about it. And that was extremely sad to watch.

Given the eccentricity of his life, none of what I was watching seemed real to begin with; part of me thought it was just going to be some sort of hoax but it soon became apparent that he was actually dead. It’s a real shame too, regardless of his shady past, he did make some great music. And I was fortunate enough to see him in concert back in the 90s, but it’s a real shock to think that someone like him is actually dead.

It’s very much the musical icon of our time passing away, it’s not different to someone like Elvis. It’ really is a shame, I was always quite a big fan of his work.

No doubt the media will blow this out of proportion, I’d like to think they could just let him rest now. But that doesn’t seem to be the way the world works anymore.

Rest In Peace.

Maybe there’s more to this. Maybe it’s a homicide:
youtube.com/watch?v=OmnDFKsEHwc

The reporter claims that the check up result reported a very healthy condition and no major illnesses.

It’s weird. About a few hours ago, I didn’t feel much for the pop legend, only to feel a little bit more sorrow for him now. A lot of celebrities I know died, too, but this is the one that meant something to me. Celebrities come and go and I didn’t care much when they died, but I have followed Michael’s songs when I was a child, loved them, and it feels weird that he should be the first celebrity that I have felt something for upon his death in my life.

He should have stayed black. Not that I have anything against whites, but I feel these scandals only started appearing after he turned white. I miss the old Billy Jean Michael Black.

~ Flare

I have to admit, I wasn’t ever really a big fan of him or his music, but it’s obvious just how much of an impact he has made in the world of music. This morning it didn’t even seem real, and it’s still a massive shock…I feel sad not only because he has died but also because his life was surrounded with such controversy. He was clearly an incredibly talented man but there were all these issues surrounding him and people clearly had mixed opinions of him. But now we see how many people are supporting his family and are missing him, and the whole world has been effected by his death…Well, let’s just say there’s never going to be another man like him.

I hope he rests in peace.

Yesterday, I went to see Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (I will post my review shortly), which took up 3 hours of my life and when I got out, I was bombarded w/ emails and texts on my phone about Michael Jackson’s death! That was definitely the last thing I expected to hear - what a shock! I kind of feel like a piece of my childhood has fallen away. I remember hearing all his songs and watching all his videos growing up. His impact on the music world…in pop culture in general…was absolutely huge…May he rest in peace.

I was on the computer, then my dad told me about his death, I just stared at him for a few seconds, and then I said " Your kidding, right?" This is so upsetting! I love his song Bad.

“Cause I’m bad! I’m bad! You know its true, I’m bad!”
R.I.P. The King Of Pop
I almost cried when I heard his songs on the radio today.

Fun fact: Bad was released not long after the discovery of his ‘white’ transformation.

sneaks into the shadows

~ Flare