Hotel Transylvania (2012)

This thread is about Sony’s upcoming animated film Hotel Transylvania which comes out September 21st, 2012. I’m not too sure what to think about this film. It’s been in development for quite sometime from Sony and it’s going to be directed by Gennndy Tartakovsky who created Dexter’s Lab. I mean, this film could decent or it could be horrible.

There are rumors about Genndy doing this to help fund his Samurai Jack film project. While I think he could be doing this to buy back the rights to his canceled off early show Sym Bionic titan(which was good btw!). Although I just hope to god that this isn’t your average cut and paste CG feature that makes you want to puke your guts out. I remember hearing at one point that David Fiess(Cow and Chicken) was one of the directors of this film.

heres the wikipedia page:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Transylvania

i think it looks pretty interesting :slight_smile:

That’s weird. I thought that David Spade was going to play Quasimodo. Oh well, might just be a wikipedia edit. Anyway, I like the idea for this and hopefully it’ll be a great film.

Hotel Transylvania looks interesting along the lines of personal dark-horse favorite Igor. Speaking of which, it looks like Steve Buscemi and Molly Shannon play a werewolf couple, and both actors were in Igor. Some of that wacky monster energy would be welcome in Hotel Transylvania. Also, it’s interesting that almost all the voice actors in HT have done characters in animated films.

Per various sources, Miley Cyrus is out, and Selena Gomez is in as Dracula’s daughter Mavis:

imdb.com/title/tt0837562/

It’s still hard to imagine how this movie is going to be released in 2012. We shall see!

Mmmm, interesting. I was actually quite fond of Igor myself. :slight_smile:

Here’s a poster for Hotel Transylvania, with more character designs shown (at limited size):

collider.com/wp-content/uploads/ … poster.jpg

It’s still hard to see how this movie is going to meet a September 2012 release date, based on the limited amount of info available.

Not really impressed with this yet.

Looks like it can be great movie, if it’s anything like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. The voice cast seems pretty good, especially now that they have Selena playing Mavis instead. I’m getting a bit of a Mad Monster Party/Monster High/ Nightmare Before Christmas vibe from the summaries, which should be a good sign, right? 8D The relationship between Count Dracula and Mavis should be interesting to see.

Here’s an article with more images of the characters:

filmofilia.com/hotel-transyl … ges-94352/

Hey, Sony, how about a trailer, already?

Not bad. I suppose well get a trailer before Pirates next month.

i found this website that has a trailer, its not in english, but at least we’ll get to see the animation. worstpreviews.com/headline.p … 50&count=0

Brilliant, thanks for posting that trailer! A little something to sink the fangs into…

That wasn’t me who posted that trailer.

I know. 8D

Interesting that the Russian trailer that came out a few days ago got pulled…but here’s the official English-language trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYgzizpCTKU

The character designs look good. Mavis (voiced by Selena Gomez) isn’t shown, probably because her scenes aren’t ready yet given the cast change back in February. We’ll see if lots of overtime work lets Sony pull the scheduled September release out of its hat.

I’ve only watched the international trailer, which is probably very similar to the other one, but I’m not stoked by this at all.

I saw the international trailer and this doesn’t look too great. Looks like another terrible Adam Sandler comedy we’ve seen from him in the past few years.

I saw the trailer to. I actually kinda like it! :slight_smile: Maybe its because its from SPA, one of my favorite studios. I don’t know what it is about their films, but to me they have a certain quallity that makes them pretty enjoyable.