Thoughts so far on 2011 Animated Movies?

I was just wondering what’s everybody’s thoughts about this years animated movies. I know there’s still some releases coming around the end of the year but most movies have been released. To me, I just think this year was pretty weak in animation. Anyway, to me I thought Rango was the best animated film of the year so far. Like I said, there’s still some others to released. I do want to see Pooh and KFP2 since I hear those films are supposed to be really good.

I’ve been very impressed by all the animated films I’ve seen this year.

Here’s my ranking:

1. Rio
  2. Rango
  3. Winnie the Pooh
  4. Kung Fu Panda 2
  5. Cars 2

Here’s a full list of 2011 animated films: movies.about.com/od/animatedmovi … -films.htm

It’s been okay:

1. Rango
  2. Cars 2
  3. Kung Fu Panda 2
  4. Arietty
  5. Winnie The Pooh
  6. Rio

Last year was stronger though imo

I was kind of upsect to see Mars Needs Moms bomb at the box office because of its failure they pulled the plug on The Beatles project. I’ll probably rank the ones from which ones are supposed to be good/bad from reviews. Cars 2 will just be my opinion since I seen it.

1. Rango
  2. Rio
  3. Winnie the Pooh
  4. Kung Fu Panda 2
  5. Cars 2
  6. Mars Needs Moms
  7. Gnomeo and Juliet
    8 Hoodwinked Too

Interesting to note that this should be the first year since 2005 that all animated films gross below 200M.

I’ve only seen Cars 2 and Rango but overall it seems like a pretty disappointing lineup. I am looking forward to Tintin, though.

2010 was much better than 2011 so far for animation. I did not get to finish Rango, and that seems to be the only masterpiece.

(1)Cars 2
(2)Kung Fu Panda 2
(3)Winnie the Pooh
(4)Rio

-(1257546846786589) Gnomeo and Juliet
I think that’s all I’ve seen this year.

1. Rango, absolutely loved it. By far the best film I’ve seen this year, animated or otherwise.
  2. Winnie the Pooh, short and sweet but very good. I would have liked it to be 10 or 20 minutes longer. They should have included Rabbit’s friends and relations like they planned (from the book). And I would have liked some slower shots to take in the beautiful backgrounds.
  3. Cars 2, would be higher, but I wish Mater had grown more as a character. I like Mater, he is a very endearing character, and I think it was a good decision to make him the main character. I just felt the “be yourself” moral was out of place, and I think his arc should have been about him realizing what a wonderful but dangerous place the world is, and how it affects him.

I want to see Kung-Fu Panda 2, I think it has a lot of potential to be better than the first, I’m just waiting for the DVD. Not really interested in Rio, but everyone seemed to like it, so I’ll probably watch it eventually.

I think that you should give Rio a chance. It looks very colorful and some of the songs are pretty decent. I don’t think I’ve seen a film that colorful and beautiful since A Bug’s Life.

I plan to watch it eventually, but its not really high on my priorities list is all.

Pretty mediocre so far. Rango was great, Rio was good, but both the big summer movies disappointed me. Hopefully the output is a little better in the fall, though I’m not optimistic.

TDIT and I love it! Almost to obsession it seems like sometimes! 8D But You’re right, it is very colourful, and I personally loved the entire soundtrack.

Personally for me, I think that 2011 has been a good year for animation. Above decent, not super great. But I’ve enjoyed it so far! Maybe because I’ve seen Rango and Rio and avoided Hoodwinked 2 and Gnomeo & Juliet.

I think out of what’s left this year I’ll see Puss in Boots. I’m not a big Happy Feet fan and Arthur Christmas doesn’t interest me but it’s from Aardman.

Same here, the only animated film I’m seeing in theatres for the rest of 2011 is Puss in Boots.

Yeah, Puss in Boots does look pretty decent. Anyone notice all the animated sequels we got this year such as KFP 2, Cars 2, Hoodwinked Two and Happy Feet Two?

Interesting, yes. My my top two aren’t- Rango and Rio.

I really need my dad to rent Rango. 8D

So far, it’s a good year, but I really do feel like 2010 had more I liked.

All I’ve seen so far:

1. Cars 2
  2. Winnie the Pooh
  3. Rango

Really, not too many! The main animated film from next year I’m looking forward to is The Borrower Arrietty.

Great list! :smiley:

Next year, I’m interested in Brave and anything from DreamWorks. Slim pickings. 8D

Not really interested in anything from DW’s until “Me and My Shadow” in 2013. Anyway, I think this year might be weak in animation because of all the sequels.

I don’t know or care what DW is putting out next year. When I hear the title on a trailer, I’ll know to see it or not.