Turkeys

Saw this movie’s name in a Cartoon Brew article the other day, and now a little more insight:
web.me.com/floydnorman/MrFun2/Bl … rkeys.html

Sounds interesting enough…I expect it to be on about a Despicable Me level in terms of quality. Not amazing, but a fun movie.

There’s not enough info for me to form a real opinion of it yet, but I hope it’s good!

The first time I heard of it also was from Cartoon Brew. I don’t know enough about it to make an opinion.

Here’s more info about Turkeys from several months back:

gleekifi.com/gossip/Bedrock-laun … 82003.html

Note the $35-million-budget ballpark mentioned. It would be great to see Ash Brannon get Turkeys trotting, and Granat and Jones seem like savvy industry veterans…but the climate for independent CG animation studios is less than favorable now. Here’s hoping for a finished film (eventually) in theaters!

Wow, interesting. Owen Wilson is in it. I’m interested to see what the trailer will be like.

Wow, the plot certainly sounds interesting. Like a mash-up between [spoil]Chicken Run and Back to the Future[/spoil], though this is just me generalising here. It’s also great we’re having Pixar alumnis behind this project.

Interestingly, I remember reading about Floyd Norman when he made a trip to Sydney recently. He’s quite outspoken about Disney’s less savoury practices (the DTVs, sequels, etc.), although he still acts as a consultant for them occassionally.

Anyway, the concept arts behind the two blokes look interesting. It smells of ‘Alpha and Omega’ to me, but maybe it might be a pleasant surprise Despicable Me-style.