Monsters vs. Aliens Telivision Show

Bad Idea?

• Yes.
  • No.

0 voters

I don’t know if it’s true or not. Hopefully it’s just lies from Wikipedia. :cry:

hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con … 7ed0d2a6d0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_v … ion_series :open_mouth:

If true this is the third Dreamworks film turned into a TV show.

To post a simple opinion: Worse. Idea. Ever. Since Shrek 5.

Yes, horrible idea :open_mouth:

Why must they do this? Even me, being a fan of Shrek and its sequels, think that turning EVERY darn film they make into a television show is just plain ridiculous! Although, that’s why we’re Pixar fans :wink:

Well, they turned the Penguins of Madagascar into a TV show. They naturally want to continue this. Ha. Oh, Dreamworks. When will you learn not to squeeze out every last dime with your movies.

Maybe they were influenced by H-wood. After all, Hollywood has been squeezing profits for years. With Dreamworks being that close to them, some people would naturally be pushed in certain directions.

MVA was silly funny as a movie, they they might just runi it with a low quality TV series.

The reason that this is sad is because MvA is actually an alright movie.

It’s like every time I log on to this website I hear some news on how Dreamworks is destroying themselves. And it’s like the same comments over and over again. Doesn’t Dreamworks realize the things that we are saying?! We can’t be the only ones. I bet 25 years from now no one will remember what this company even was, and it will be some old weird nostalgia thing for collectors like Al.

Well, even Michael Effing Bay has heard our cries, I’m sure Dreamworks Animation will, too… in a range of ten to a hundred years’ time. :smiley:

~ Flare

When is dreamworks gonna learn that everything doesn’t have to become a franchise! :unamused:

Does anyone remember when Disney was going through this stage? When they made TV shows out of every other movie?

The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Tarzan, The Adventures of Buzz Lightyear, Lilo and Stitch, The Emperers New School

Those are the ones I remember. Well, they don’t seem to do that anymore. TENS was the last one, I think. Funny how once Disney drops it, Dreamworks seemed to pick it up. Hopefully Pixar’s mother company wont be tempted to go back again. I have a feeling they won’t, though.

omg, when will they learn about all this…
a TV show? sucks. period.

I’m interested in a show depending on the execution. I mean, Monsters Vs Aliens was a pretty decent movie. Not Kung Fu Panda good, but still.
Really, just anything that involves Giant Monsters and maybe actually getting them popular enough again that we might see more movies made is good with me.
Maybe Toho will pull Godzilla out of hiatus sooner if they see there’s a profit to be had with monsters again.

[quote="
Maybe Toho will pull Godzilla out of hiatus sooner if they see there’s a profit to be had with monsters again.[/quote]

LOL. :laughing:

I’m gonna have to be with the rest of the 100% of people on the forums.

I think I’d have to see the end result before I decide.

I hadn’t seen the movie (I saved my once-a-year theater trip for UP), so I don’t really know what to expect…though I can’t say I’m expecting much.

MvA was a pretty great movie, granted, but how often have anything but disney movie shows been good? Not very. I do love Buzz, Tarzan, and Emperor’s New School though.

Mykonos_Fan you only get to go see a theatrical movie once a year? Holy cow! That’s a bummer (but at least you didn’t use it on T2! :slight_smile: ). I’ve had enough theater views this past 5 weeks to cover my entire life! :slight_smile:

I guess I can understand a bit, you mentioned you’re around what, 15? That still seems a bit harsh though. (sorry for off-topic post ppls :\ )

Yea the movie was ok. But, the only reason I wen’t to see it was because I though it was a sequal to Monsters Inc. Heh… So that was a slap in the face. The storyline was ok but when your expecting a total different movie its disapointing… As for a tv show lol, I wouldn’t watch it myself. But, the poll speaks for itself haha.

I get why they made that movie now… it’s all for Nickelodeon.