Theo Cartoons.com

Hello everyone,

Some time ago, my parents worked on a promotional piece for a Christian-based project entitled “Theo”, a series of animated cartoons geared towards children. While my dad did various storyboards on the project, my mom did some in-between work, and, since I figured that I may as well try my hand at some animation while I had the chance, I asked my mom if I could assist her with work, and she very kindly allowed me to do so. The finished project can be seen here:

theocartoons.com/theo-cartoons-order-form/

My dad did storyboard work on the beginning sequence involving Theo (the title character; the guy with the moustache) and the mice, and my mom did in-between/assistant work on Theo and the mice. (I think she did the shots involving the mice popping their heads out of the mouse hole, Theo walking towards the audience while he glances at a book in his hand, and the mice climbing up an object [I believe it was/is a globe].)

I did about four in-betweens on one of the mouse characters. Specifically, I worked on the part where the tall mouse sticks his head out of the hole and says something along the lines of, “Good news? Did someone say ‘good news’?”

My parents said that I’m good at in-betweening, so I took that as a huge compliment, since they’re veteran artists/animators. The director of the Theo project thought so, too, as he didn’t know that I did those particular in-betweens until my dad told him, yet he thought that they looked fine regardless. I’ve also done some in-betweens on a small Disney project, although I’m not sure if that’s available for public eyes to see yet. If I hear more about it, I’ll let you guys know.

So, yeah, I just thought that you guys might like to see my work. To be honest, I love the art of doing in-betweens, so getting involved in those projects was a blast, even if I didn’t do very much work. I’ll tell ya’ right now that it’s surreal seeing your art up on the internet. Heh.

– Mitch

Wow…that was great. As a fellow Believer that was really inspirational…it really was great for a childrens cartoon. The humor was just like Ratatouille…slap-stick comedy… :smiley:

I enjoyed that greatly…thank you for making it.

Al-Bob - Thanks! I’m glad that you enjoyed it. :smiley:

Oh, I didn’t make the entire cartoon myself, if that’s what you were referring to – that would have been impossible for me to do at this stage in my life. All I did were four in-betweens on one character and that was it. Thanks for the compliment, though! :laughing:

– Mitch

That’s very cool, Mitch! Your four inbetweens looked lovely as a whole. The movement was nice and smooth. Even though it is a small contribution, still very neat to be involved in a such a project!

I’m glad you like inbetweening. Depending on the movement, I find it to be fun as well, but sometimes not so much.

Whoa, that’s so cool to have done work on an animated short! Yeah, your inbetween was so seamless I couldn’t tell the difference! It’s great you’re getting started on some production work early.

I looked out for your name in the credits, but either the font was too small and I missed it, or your full name’s not Mitch. But it’s cool nonetheless, no matter how big or small your contribution! :smiley:

I laughed at this part:
Theo: “Did you know that God loves you?”
Theo spins the globe, throwing the two mice into the bin.
Mice: “Whoaaa!!!”
:laughing:

Hannahmation - Thank you very much! Yep, I do love in-betweening, for the most part. Depending on what type of character I’m working on, it can be fun or a bit of a hassle. Either way, though, I enjoy it. :wink:

thedriveintheatre - Thanks!

Ha! I didn’t check to see if they gave me credit or not, but I highly doubt that they did. That said, “Mitch” is not my full name, so if you saw anyone named 'Mitch" under the credits section then it wasn’t me. :wink:

Ha-ha! I know, it’s a bit ironic in that case. (snigger)

– Mitch

Dude, Mitch, that was a complete joy to watch. Excellent work on your part.

I watched the specific part you said you worked on, and call me crazy, but it does really does stand out as your specific style. It must have been a thrill to work a production like this, especially with your favourite animal… or was it mice in the cartoon? Heheh. Oooh, I’m intrigued about that Disney project you said you worked on for a little bit - do tell us if you get the chance in the future.

Thanks for showing us, Mitch! :slight_smile:

The Star Swordsman - Thanks, dude! :wink:

Rachel - Are you serious? Man, I’m… I’m flattered! Although, you may have been noticing my mom’s style; as she did most of the work, I had to copy her style, but even then she was referring to character models, so I guess you could say that whomever created that specific character is the one who’s style we were emulating. Still, thank you very much!

Yeah, they were mice, not rats, but I loved doing in-betweens on them nevertheless as they’re still rodents.
Ha! I just remembered that I did some work on that little fat mouse, too. He wasn’t as much fun to draw. (snigger)

Sure thing, and thanks again! :smiley:

– Mitch

You are welcome Mitch.