How to Train Your Dragon

Will this be a good film?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • I might have to wait for further information.

0 voters

Yup. That’s the name of the next DreamWorks movie. {After Monsters vs. Aliens} :wink:

I love the fact the Butler’s in there. Hoping for the best :slight_smile:

The title made me pretty excited for it, but I will have to wait for more information.

This is based on the book, right? I never read, so I’m not sure what the story is like. I’ll have to wati for the trailer.

It sounds interesting…though I feel like I’ve heard it somewhere before…I have to wait for furthur details.

DocKenobi- Yes. This was a book, but I never read it, so I don’t know about it.

bright dot-dasher- You said that you might of heard the name somewhere. Maybe because you heard the book title. Or maybe you heard of the movie before. Hmmph. :laughing:

Websites out now. It’s kinda’ hard to find with a search engine so you should probably get it through the Dreamworks animation website. Unfortuanately the only thing on the site is one image and a plot.

I’ll probably end up going to see this, my sister read the whole series and is counting down the days until it comes out.

I have this book!! When I heard of it, I was so excited!! But then you said it was a Dreamworks movie and then… bleh.

If you haven’t seen the past logo, well sorry but it was changed.

howtotrainyourdragon.com/

New Dragon!

jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ … rview.aspx

shakes heads Training…a dragon…hm hm hm hm :laughing:

Looks at Oobermind picture

…Sorry to be off-topic, but is that a ripoff of The Incredibles now?

I’m afraid so. Except instead of a villain killing heroes, it’s a hero who kills his enemy and is now left with nothing to do. :neutral_face:

As I mentioned on the upcoming Dreamworks projects thread, it’s been a long time since a decent dragon movie was made. The last few like Reign of Fire and Eragon were dung-heaps, so I’m hoping Dreamworks pulls this off spectacularly, or it’s going down in flames…
I like the dragon’s design, very striking. Can’t wait to see the other characters too. :slight_smile:

After seeing this beautiful concept art pic straight from Comic-Con, I’m starting to have high hopes for Dreamworks. Hope they can pull another Panda, although I can’t be sure till I’ve seen a proper trailer yet. :wink:

that picture gives me chills :slight_smile:. This film actually looks like it could turn out to be great! :smiley:

I think it will be great, Dreamworks doesn’t disappoint me. I like their work.

Official teaser! :smiley:

How To Train Your Dragon teaser

I’m disappointed they didn’t reveal more, not even a proper shot or one-liner quip from what is presumably Toothless.

But if the style of the trailer is anything to go by, I think (or I hope) that this will be Dreamworks’ return to serious-style animated films rather than the Looney-Tunes variety. I love the soundtrack and the whole presentation of it, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed Dreamworks will deliver a spring winner after the disappointing Monsters Vs Aliens. :slight_smile:

Better watch it while you can, previous trailers have been pulled down by the copyright cops…

that was disappointing, although I still have hope for this movie! :smiley:

I’m excited. Good to see Dean DeBlois (writer/director of Lilo & Stitch) directing another movie. I don’t particularly like the artwork I’ve seen so far, but he’s a very good director.