Favourite Nicktoons

What’s your top 5 favourite Nicktoons (Nickelodeon cartoons)

1. Spongebob Squarepants
  2. The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron
  3. The Fairly Odd Parents
  4. The Avatar
  5. Catdog or Corneil and Bernie

:sunglasses:

Angry Beavers. Hands down.
It’ll be a cold day in you-know-where before that answer ever changes.

I grew up with the '90s Nicktoons…

• Ren and Stimpy
  • Rocko’s Modern Life
  • Rugrats
  • Aaaaah! Real Monsters
  • Angry Beavers I didn’t watch that much, but it was ok.

Hmm, let me think.

1. Spongebob
  2. Avatar
  3. Fairly Odd Parents
  4. Jimmy Neutron
  5. Hey Arnold.

I’ve always enjoyed Spongebob, Hey Arnold, Rugrats and Ren and Stimpy when it was on. There’s nothing new on Nick, aside from Spongebob, that’s as good as the old stuff.

Definitely Rocko’s Modern Life. That was my childhood wrapped in a nutshell. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m also quite fond of Angry Beavers, Ahhh! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Kablam!, and Doug.

raises hand in agreement:-D)

Man I’m still upset they never had a DVD release! :frowning:

Other than that though…here are my runner ups:

Fairly Odd Parents
Ren and Stimpy
Rugrats
Jimmy Neutron
Spongebob…(their writers are hilarious! 8D )

I know it’s more than 5 but I couldn’t but one above the other like that

:mrgreen:

My top 5 favorite Nicktoons are these!

1. Danny Phantom
  2. The Fairly Oddparents
  3. Jimmy Neutron
  4. My Life As A Teenage Robot
  5. All Grown Up

If you don’t know about these Nicktoons here is a summary and and an image for each.

1. Danny Phantom
    Danny Phantom is an animated television show created by Butch Hartman for Nickelodeon, produced by Billionfold Studios. The show is about a teenage half-ghost boy, who frequently saves his town and the world from ghost attacks, while attempting to keep his ghost half a secret. It is distributed outside the United States by the Canadian animation company, Nelvana, the same as The Fairly OddParents (also created by Hartman).

2. The Fairly Oddparents
    The Fairly OddParents is an Emmy Award-winning American animated television series created by Butch Hartman about the adventures of a boy who has two fairy godparents. It is produced by Frederator Studios, and as of 2008, Billionfold Studios, for the cable network Nickelodeon, where it is currently one of the most popular shows (second only to SpongeBob SquarePants). The television series is also distributed outside the United States by the Canadian animation company Nelvana, the same as Danny Phantom (also created by Hartman). The show makes heavy use of satire and slapstick, and is full of pop culture references.

3. Jimmy Neutron
    The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (often shortened to just Jimmy Neutron) is an Emmy-Nominated American animated television series, and spin-off of the Academy Award-nominated computer-animated movie, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. It first officially aired on September 6, 2002, and is also the very first computer-animated Nicktoon. Episodes are still aired on weekend mornings in the US.

4. My Life As A Teenage Robot
    XJ-9 (Jenny as she calls herself) is a highly sophisticated battle robot created by Dr. Norene Wakeman, but Jenny only wants to live the life of a normal teenage girl. Jenny and Wakeman live in the fictional futuristic town of Tremorton, and live next door to Jenny’s best friends Brad and Tuck Carbunkle. After begging her “mom” (Wakeman) she is allowed to go to Brad’s High school.

5. All Grown Up
    After the success of All Growed Up, the Rugrats 10th anniversary special, Nickelodeon commissioned a spin-off series based on the episode, All Grown Up! is that series. The show is about the characters of the Rugrats nine years older (as opposed to ten in the All Growed Up special)Tommy, Dil, Chuckie, Phil, Lil, Kimi, Angelica and Susie now have to deal with teen and pre-teen issues and situations.

I have only seen the new stuff, starting from Rugrats. I don’t remember much from the 90’s XD
But my favorite absolutely has to be Avatar.

Speaking of Nicktoons, does anyone here have that big green book called “Not just cartoons, Nicktoons!”?

^ That book is full of awesome. I’ve picked it up a few times in the store and looked through it. Darn thing is so hard to hold onto if you’re just standing! I usually don’t venture past the late 90’s, but the book overall is fun to look at.

Yeah! Hopefully the next generation of animators take a gander at the early ones and bring back less generic things… I love the storyboards! And a big book it is.

I’m not much into it now, but fairly odd parents used to be my favourite.

my favorite is…

Invader ZIM.

That was a really funny and interesting show and I cried when it was cancelled. I have tons of ZIM stuff in my house.

2nd favorite…

(tie): Hey Arnold!/My Life as a Teenage Robot.

Hey Arnold! was in that vein of the older cartoons in which our hero was always doing the right thing. The selling point about this one, however, is because it has such deep and well-written characters, it makes you care about ALL of them and that’s what makes the show not corny.

While sometimes being insanely zany, most episodes of My Life as a Teenage Robot have a great concept and are consistently very funny.
Also, the retro style cartooning is very fun to look at and very artistic.

3rd favorite:

This show is a very fun and funny action-adventure. The story is a bit too fantasy for me, though, so that’s why it’s 3rd and not 2nd.

(Just noticed): with this post, I have reached 400 posts!!!

I think that the most popular ones out of all you people would be: spongebob, fairly odd parents, avatar, rocko’s modern life and aaaaaaaahhhhhh! real monsters :exclamation:

I’m a pretty big fan of Spongebob, and I also watch Fairly Odd Parents and the occasional Jimmy Neutron.

If this is the best Nick toons of all time? These would be my Nick picks. :wink:

1. Spongebob, One of the funniest cartoons on the planet!
2. Since I was one of those 90’s kids, Rugrats.
3.Doug, I watched that show a lot!
4.Hey Arnold
5.Catdog
6.Angry Beavers
7.Rocko and Real Monsters, Tie.
8. I wasn’t the biggest fan, but it is a classic, Ren and Stimpy.
9.Odd Parents
10.Since I like the anime style and good story line, Avatar.

Well here is my list ! :smiley:

1. Spongebob, not a surprise. :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. Jimmy Neutron.
  3. Odd Parents.
  4. Catdog.
  5. Angry Beavers.

I did say it was your top 5 but oh, well :exclamation:

Just take 5 out! :stuck_out_tongue: Any way, you can see my top 5, I just thought why not name a few more awesome shows from nick! :wink:

Okay then, fair enough! Another good one I forgot to say was the Rugrats. I don’t like it that much any more but I loved it as a kid. Especially the movies.