Please help finding this vid.. Pixar?

Hello forum, I am looking for a video though of what I remember as being “The Most Destructive Thing”. It was a video of a futuristic robotic little vacuum cleaner that was supposed to clean in a museum and instructed by the janitor that he wasn’t supposed to pull a handle or something and while cleaning it ended up destroying the place. It was then put on display as the most dangerous thing in history. Was this a Pixar short film? Can anybody help me find it?

Hello shostetler, welcome to the Planet.
I doubt it’s one of the ‘official’ Pixar shorts, I can safely say I’ve seen pretty much all of them. Maybe it’s one of the adverts or personal projects done by any of the Pixarians prior to “Andre & Wally Bee”? Pixar was, after all, doing plenty of sideline projects before they had enough to fund their first feature film Toy Story. If anyone else knows, do let us know, cos’ I’m interested to find out too.
Plot kinda reminds me of Mickey Mouse’s short “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” from Fantasia. :wink:

I don’t believe it was a disney clip. The word apprentice did ring a bell though. What I remember of it was that it was set in a museum far into the future. The animation was similar to Pixars, thus why I was posting here. I also inquired about this on Animationtrip.com’s website, but with no luck either.

Like I said though, it started out with a new robot being introduced by some head janitor. The apprentice was just a little robotic vacuum cleaner with one huge eye stuck out the top of him and he was given the task of cleaning the place. He came up to a machine that said do NOT touch, but had some dust on it’s handle. He tried sucking the dust off and the handle moved which then caused a series of events eventually leading to him being labeled as the most destructive/dangerous thing in history and put on display in the museum.