Futurama

Since I’m such a Simpsons nut, how could I not also enjoy this show?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama

Are any of you guys fans?

Oh, definitely! Zoidberg and Bender have to be my favourite characters- Bender’s just funny, and Zoidberg is so weird, I just find him very fascinating. :laughing: And the Professor always has something equally stupid to say. The only character I’m not really keen on is Leela, but she does complete the team well.

rises hand so high that it touches the ceiling :smiley:

Oh, yeah! DEFINITELY!
I remember when I first saw it on TV, I was instantly addicted to it! ;-p My favorite character is Bender, nobody beats that robot! :laughing:

P.S.: I think I should have typed a bit more… :blush: :unamused:

Haha, I love it! The episode where they found the parallel dimension was sheer genius! I think it actually works better than The Simpsons on a lot of levels because they can be more adult with it since the protagonists are all grown-ups, and, because it’s sci-fi, they can go really crazy and surreal with the humour, which doesn’t work at all on The Simpsons.

Futurama rules!!! Bender’s my favourite, and Zoidberg is awesome. I also like Leela, Zapp Brannigan, and Kif. :smiley:

I have seen a couple clips of it, and only one full episode. I think it is funny, but honestly, I have to watch the show even more to really appriciate it.

Ah yes. I catch Futurama now much on a daily basis thanks to the channels.
Maybe not the best animated show but it has some great characters, stories, and continuity.
Have to say I like Bender as much as anyone, maybe he does have the largest fanbase heh heh.
Nibbler also has a sorta charm to him, especially in the episodes when he talks tahaha.

I LOVE Zapp Brannigan! He’s just so funny even though he’s so cocky! Though I do feel very sorry for Kif. And the uniforms they wear… :laughing:

cuts hole in ceiling, stands on table and raises hand so that it’s higher up than Maggie’s :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course I love Futurama! Who couldn’t love a show with quotes like this?

My sister has all four seasons on DVD, and we’ve made many a late night out of watching episodes, and having a grand old time. We also quote the show incessantly. What are everbody’s favorite episodes? Mine are “The Sting,” “The Day the Earth Stood Stupid,” and “Parasites Lost.”

I agree with you, Mell, in that the humor in Futurama has so many more places to go than with The Simpsons, which could possibly be why The Simpsons (in my opinion) went downhill after a while, while Futurama never stopped being hilarious. Even their sadder episodes (“The Sting,” “Leela’s Homeworld,” “Jurassic Bark”) were funny.

Aaaah Futurama ! I love it even more than The Simpsons, and that’s something to say. All the characters have something special. Zoidberg has to be my favourite. He’s so funny.

Leela : Why did you bring us here ?
Zoidberg : And why did I have to take a cab ?
:mrgreen:

And my favourites episodes are The Luck of the Fryish and Roswell that Ends Well. Obviously each one for different reasons, but they’re both perfect in their way.

Good news .

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurama:_ … _Big_Score

Yep, already knew about that, as well as the other three movies… I’m eagerly awaiting its release, and I’m sure my sister already has plans to buy it as soon as it comes out (I tend to save my money, considering that I have to pay for groceries 8 months out of the year…). Too bad we have to wait until next year for the new episodes to hit the airwaves - can’t wait to see what’s in store for the Planet Express crew!

What are your favorite episodes of Futurama, so I’ll remember to see these ones the next time.

Grab your popcorn and turn down the lights, TSS, because I’ve got quite a few (sorry about all the arrows, I couldn’t get the list thingy to work):

:arrow_right: “The Problem With Popplers” (the Popplers song is a favorite with my sisters and I)
:arrow_right: “Parasites Lost”
:arrow_right: “Tale of Two Santas” (we sing the elves’ Xmas song every year)
:arrow_right: “The Day The Earth Stood Stupid” (Futurama and literature means I’m bound to love it! Plus I heart the Nibblonians)
:arrow_right: “Anthology of Interest II”
:arrow_right: “Roswell That Ends Well” (the episode that won Futurama an Emmy)
:arrow_right: “Less Than Hero” (should have added this to the first time I listed faves. The team theme song is enough to make this episode awesome)
:arrow_right: “Crimes of the Hot” (when Nixon says “Aroo” I can’t help but smile, plus Al Gore as pretty much a funnier version of himself)
:arrow_right: “Teenage Mutant Leela’s Hurdles”
:arrow_right: “The Why of Fry” (more Nibblonians!)
:arrow_right: “Where No Fan Has Gone Before” (the ultimate Star Trek parody)
:arrow_right: “The Sting” (I can’t sing “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” correctly ever again)
:arrow_right: “The Farnsworth Parabox”
:arrow_right: “Three Hundred Big Boys” (Fry gets caffeinated…)
:arrow_right: “Devil’s Hands Are Idle Playthings” (operatic Futurama!)

Also, anyone just getting started in the show should watch “Space Pilot 3000” and “The Series Has Landed” (and probably also “I, Roommate”) which provide a lot of background and context to the world of Futurama.

That’s my favorite episode :slight_smile:. I love the surrealism in that one, and there’s a very touching emotional side to it, too.

I’ll try to remember them KE. Thanks.

My favorite Futurama episode is My Three Suns .

Ahh, I almost included that one - it’s a great early episode… Fry’s so-called fable is awesome - but if I didn’t draw the line somewhere, I’d probably end up listing 90% of the show… :smiley:

My fav episode? Well I dont know titles but I do have a few that I like a lot:
-Fry and his 7 leaf clover
-Bender being God
-Leela finding her parents
-Kiff and Amy hooking up (during the Titantic episode)
-Fry being his own grandpa
-The boxes with all those parallel universes

I love Futurama! It’s such a funny show with interesting characters. Today in school I was presenting a powerpoint on caffeine with a group, and I showed the clip where Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee.