Book of Life

So Twentieth Century Fox Animation has a movie coming out based on Dia De Los Muertos called “Book of Life”. I’m worried that the release of this movie will not compel Pixar to discard their Dia De Los Muertos project, much like the way that they discarded “Newt” because of the release of “Rio”.

Didn’t Newt have multiple movies coming out with the same premise? There was the wolf thing, as well, right? I think Pixar’s movie is safe. After all, they kept going with other projects while Dreamworks made rip offs of them, didn’t they? (Not saying this movie or Rio are rip offs, just saying they’ve gone on while similar works were made.) I’d only worry if something happens like this one bombing at the box office or something.

I’ve read a bit about this one. It sounds fairly interesting, and I like the look of it a lot, but I don’t think I’ll be seeing it except for maybe renting it after it comes out on DVD, just since I don’t go to the movies very often.

What movies did DreamWorks rip off from Pixar? A lot of people would say Shark Tale, which I never believed. The only similarities between it and FN are that all the characters are fish; the plots are completely different!

It’s one thing to dislike Dreamworks’ excessive films but I really doubt that the “rip-off” Pixar films. Just because Antz and Finding Nemo had similar settings and close release dates, I really doubt that they are direct rip-offs. I think that title belongs to Vídeo Brinquedo…

Okay, okay, “rip off” was a bad word to use (I actually don’t dislike Dreamworks). The point was they’ve put out similar looking movies before and it’s never stopped Pixar (though, admittedly, this only really applies with Antz since Shark Tale was after Finding Nemo).

I just sincerely doubt Pixar will let one similarly subjected movie change their plans, again unless this movie does absolutely horribly. Especially since there’ll be years between Book of Life and Pixar’s movie, and while we know Newt and Rio actually had the same basic plot, we have no idea what the plot of Pixar’s movie will be.

Did anyone end up seeing Book of Life?

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing it if it had smarter humor. I just… I don’t know. The plot actually sounds kind of interesting— sort of a Midsummer Night’s Dream kind of thing. It’s just that some of the jokes seem really immature for me. Maybe I’m being too picky… idk.

I saw it! The plot was pretty interesting, albeit pretty predictable, and I found some of the sidekicks to be really annoying, but overall I thought it was really enjoyable. And the animation is SO SERIOUSLY BEAUTIFUL. The movie was definitely worth seeing on the big screen for the animation alone.

I loved this movie.

I finally saw it. May I just say that it was great? Because it was. I thought the animation was great, and the character designs were, of course, to die for (no pun intended, but greatly appreciated).

I ADORE this movie. So. Much. On so many levels, I could go on and on and on about it. But I don’t want to bore anyone. XD