Blue Sky Studios

Hope this isn’t pushing it too much. It seems

to fit here. This thread is for Blue Sky Studios, the animation studio behind such CG films as Ice Age, Robots,

and Ice Age: The Meltdown.

Here’s their official site:

blueskystudios.com

I haven’t seen either [i]Ice

Age[/i] – but I actually enjoyed Robots! Some of the gags were pretty

funny! :smiley:

Blue Sky is an interesting studio, with a history almost as long as Pixar’s…their upcoming

movie I’m really looking forward to - Horton Hears a Who! - which I believe hits

theaters 2008. :smiley:

Gasduude - Yep. It comes out March 14, 2008, and will star Jim Carrey in the title role! It also

stars Steve Carell, Dan Fogler, and Jesse McCartney.

Oh, cool! Steve Carell too!

…I didn’t know that! :smiley:

Blue Sky, huh? I didn’t know they did Ice Age. That was a classic. Ice Age was really cool. I guess I do have some respect for Blue Sky.

Yeah, you should!

They’ve been around just as long as Pixar has, and were one of the companies that

“molded” computer animation. They may not have the same respect for story and charcters as "our

company" does, but they sure are great! :smiley:

Did you guys see the short film

starring Scrat, No Time for Nuts ? That was very funny, and had great animation. The references were amazingly

funny as well, and it was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film.

Eheh, I don’t know which [i]Scrat

[/i]one I saw. It was the one playing in front of Robots

I

believe he was climbing some sort of iced-over wall to get an acorn…or something like that! – Pretty funny!

:laughing:

They do a really nice job with the ice, very realistic! :smiley:

Gasduude - What you

saw was a teaser for Ice Age: The Meltdown.

Blue Sky is a very talented group of

people - the first Ice Age was genious, at parts! I haven’t seen the second one, nor have I seen Robots, but they are on my ‘must see’ list.

Bill - Oh, I see! That makes sense, because

now I remember the logo after it!

Ok, I revise: I don’t believe I’ve seen any of the Scrat shorts.

Blue Sky Studios

really surprised me. Who knew that they would shove out such a great aray of family films?

Ice Age and its sequel were both brilliant. I absolutely loved them for the

humor, the animation, the characters, and – most importantly – the story. It wasn’t too fast paced as to draw

your attention away from the main plot, and yet…it was still able to convey its message effectively.

Robots wasn’t such a bad turn-out, either. It’s one of those rare,

computer-animated films that I actually enjoy watching at times. (snigger)

I see [i]Blue Sky

Studios[/i] as like the “Jr. Pixar” company, in a way. :laughing:

lizardgirl: If you ever do get to see [i]Ice Age: The

Meltdown[/i], note that Crash and Eddie (the two possum brothers) are like computer-animated versions

of my sister and I. :stuck_out_tongue:

What is the movie that these guys are working on right now?

Horton Hears a Who - in

theates March, 2008!

It’s based on one of my favorite Dr.Suess

books!

Wikipedia Article

Wow, it does actually look very

interesting! Hopefully they’ll be able to do justice to one of Dr. Suess’ classics.

Of course they will! The design has Dr.

Suess written all over it! :smiley:

Wow – they really got the style right on! Let’s hope they don’t mess this Suess

classic up like some…“other” studio did. :unamused:

It’s weird though, but because of the film version of The Grinch, with Jim Carrey, Suess’ stories seem to

me to suit live action more than 3D animation. But I’ll wait until I see an actual clip of it until I judge

it.

lizardgirl - Yeah, me too. I thought the recent Grinch and

Cat in the Hat movies (even though they were live action) were absolutely

horrible!

(Ick!)

Well, I thought the

live-action one with Jim Carrey was really good. I agree with you on The Cat in The Hat though. It was terrible.

And Audrey Giesel (Dr. Suess’s widow) disliked it so much, there will be no more live-action

adaptations.

Jim Carrey is playing Horton in Horton Hears a Who! which I think is great. The second time

he’s played a Suess character, and the first time he’s been a voice actor.