Introducing the Pixar headcanons thread!!!

So, I decided to make this thread for us members to share our ideas of Pixar headcanons. What is a headcanon, you ask? A headcanon is pretty much your individual canon to explain some of the background details (still counts as fandom, however), such as giving names and launch locations to the other BnL starliners, whether the Tank Gang made it to the Great Barrier Reef or somewhere else like Hawaii, if Supers were ever publicly recognized again after the Syndrome incident, and so forth. Headcanons don’t necessarily need to follow within a set canon, and can turn into AUs (that is, alternate universe) if you so please. Some may even crossover various stories if you want (let’s say, if somehow you have ideas relating WALL-E’s story to events in Terminator or I, Robot)

I got inspired by an MU headcanon Tumblr I found last night, but some content people posted would be, let’s say, unsuitable for PP, so I decided to start one here, where the content is monitored. I’ve known some members who have pretty interesting headcanons, and it would be cool to see some members share them here. As a side note, there was actually a funny one of Terri/Terry being able to control each half of their body, but Terry giving up control of his side when Terri practices his dance lessons, for which he would need to use his full strength.

To get the ball rolling, here’s a few of my own Pixar headcanons. Mine are mainly AU-based, given that I do practice the art of humanizing:

• All the Pixar movies do take place in the same universe. Some are humanized, others remain untouched. The only stories that remain un-humanized are Toy Story, The Incredibles, A Bug’s Life (may consider humanization), Ratatouille, Up, and Brave.

• Following on that, there are three main races of sentient being in my Pixar universe: Humans, Supers, and Kaiju (this is the Japanese word for “monster”). Supers are actually 100% human, but are born with superpowers, whereas normal humans don’t have powers. Kaiju are beings who appear human overall, but have unearthly features such as bright/unnatural-looking hair colors, horns, tails, claws, wings, sharp teeth, elfin ears, skin pigmentation patterns, etc. Kaiju are all capable of shapeshifting into fearsome creatures and beasts. It is rumored that either the Narnians gave them the gift of door technology and perfected it, or the Kaiju themselves taught the Narnians the art of door technology. Also, they possess longer life spans.

• The reason that ShoppyMart (my version of BnL) uses a human crew instead of robots (as in the actual movie) is that they figured that if the entire workforce was automated, humans would all be unemployed and not make money, which would be harmful to their economy. Automation is used for some heavy duty jobs, but about 95% of the workforce remains human.

• Much like Narnia, the passage of time is different between the human and monster worlds.

So, those are some ideas of mine. I might share more in the future if this thread becomes popular. Remember, keep all content at most a PG rating. Other than than, let’s welcome all the various headcanons people have here; AUs, in-universe explanations, humanization stories, and yes, even shippings! On your marks, get set, GO!

I kind of assume Randy got into ROR because he went invisible out of embarrassment after the cupcake thing and that alerted everyone to his power. The movie might contradict that, or that might have been what we were meant to assume, but I don’t remember and don’t care enough to try and find out.

^Uh, what does that have to do with this thread, Villainess? (Or is that supposed to be an in-universe explanation?)

She said a headcanon was “Your individual canon to explain background details”. That was my individual canon to explain (or, perhaps just elaborate on) the background detail of Randy’s recruitment. The extra stuff was because I’ve only seen the movie once and genuinely don’t know if it contradicts it or not( or if it’s supposed to be a given or not).

So you’re saying that Randall joined the ROR group because everyone teased him when he turned invisible from the cupcake incident? Just a guess.

Villainess: That’s a great headcanon you’ve got there! Believe it or not, ideas concerning Randall’s initiation into ROR are very popular in the MU fandom.

Since it’s been a while, and there’s some activity here now, I’ll post some more of my headcanons; this time, they’ll be more movie-based than AU-based. Remember, these are just fandom, so don’t take them as canon.

WALL-E:

• The Axiom’s launch pad may be in Manhattan.

• When the Axiom landed, it sent out a signal (like a homing beacon) to all the other starliners telling them it was safe to come back home. (I have not thought about it negating A113 or the autopilots resisting the signal to return)

• Several on how WALL-E survived: A signal was sent out, but somehow WALL-E was hidden somewhere where the frequency was unable to reach him (or was inactive at the time and all active WALL-E units were affected), or they just worked themselves to death, with WALL-E taking their parts.

• The Probe ship was sent to 699 different locations on Earth save for the city where the Axiom was launched, so that’s why WALL-E never noticed it until the 700th annual visit.

Monsters Inc./University

• Each team has a different initiation; HSS most likely does a haunted house maze, and ROR’s initiation is using your worst fears against you (Randall has a phobia of hillbillies, and so the ROR boys bought costumes and props for their ritual. That night, before the initiation, they treated Randall to a hearty meal of Popeye’s chicken and biscuits…Cajun style)

• Dean Hardscrabble can breathe fire.

• Johnny Worthington has the ship Serenity (from the TV series Firefly) parked in the backyard of the ROR house. (Cross Over)

• The JOX are the party animals.

• Claire may have been part of HSS at one time.

• Randy may have been raised in a very sheltered home. That’s why he does not know much about college parties. (On a side note, I like to think he was tutored at home until he reached high school, when he was sent to an all-boys private school; this goes for both movie fandom and my humanoid AU)

• Sulley, despite being a large and powerful beast, does indeed have feline instincts, including scratching furniture when hyper, and avoiding taking baths because his instincts make him afraid of water. Somehow, Boo was able to sense this, and this made her call him “Kitty”.

And… here’s one for my human AU:

• Boo’s arrival in the monster world is not an accident; an ancient prophecy predicted her coming to save their world from darkness (power shortage)

Those are some pretty good predictions there, JustSoWall-eCrazy.

By the way, I had noticed this thread was started 2 months ago and was not replied to until today. Isn’t that something? To be on topic, I’d like to know what prompted Bruce to try and become vegetarian (even though it’s kinda hard for him due to his shark nature).

Evspixarfan2012 - No. What I mean is that after it happens, he’d go invisible out of embarrassment. An ROR guy would see this, and, thinking vaguely along the same lines Mike was, realize it had the potential to be used for very impressive scaring. And thus, recruiting happened. And it didn’t occur to me until now, but potential entertainment value from said invisibility would probably also factor in.

JustSoWall-eCrazy - Oh I believe it. I thought the movie was really lacking in details for Randy’s plot even before I became a fan.

And I tend to think of Randall as home schooled, too, but that stems from two other head canons;

1. His invisibility is something specific to him (this pretty much outright contradicts official material, but I find it more interesting. MU makes it confusing anyway).

2. His parents were ridiculously over protective because of this.

(Well, semi-head canons. More like possibilities I keep coming back to.)

Uh, Villainess? You spelled my username wrong. (Reference to the “i” between the “s” and the “p”)

So uh, what you’re saying is that Randy was not teased from turning invisible from embarrassment, and that his invisibility is what got him recruited for ROR in the first place? Well, may I just say that his being with the ROR group is probably how he came to be a cheater at Monsters, Inc.? Just curious.

Oh, and JustSoWall-eCrazy, I’m probably thinking you said something about Claire being a part of HSS once because of that Goth outfit she wears? (Including that spikey thing around her neck?)

Evspixarfan2012 - Whoops. Sorry.

Eh, he could have been teased. By other people, or by RORs before it dawned on them. But yeah, I’m saying invisibility got him in.

Pretty sure he didn’t cheat in either movie.

On a non-Monsters note, I like to think Carl, Russel and Dug travel to different countries, mainly because of that Ratatouille cameo.

You were just now referring to that Dug shadow, weren’t you?

Yeah. “Cameo” was probably the wrong word to use.

Well, how many predications have we made as fans out there based on the in-joke references to other Pixar films within a Pixar film?

Like, based on the toy versions of some Cars characters we see in Toy Story 3, is it possible that the world of Cars could somehow be from a child’s imagination?

Ratatouille headcanon: Remy’s mother is dead, and her death was caused by the humans somehow. He also had more siblings that died the same way she did.

Heh, never thought of that. That, or Cars is a movie in Toy Story’s universe, which I guess is a possible interpretation for a lot of the movies because of the Easter eggs.

This board seem a little sleepy right now, so I guess I’ll put in my two cents.

-Boo did not become the Witch in Brave; she became an illustrator who used her experience in the monster world to inspire her art.

-Sid and Andy went to the same high school; Sid was a Senior when Andy was a Freshman.

-Riley’s dad in Inside Out is related to Charles Muntz.

I guess you could say we won’t be putting down any headcannons for Finding Dory–on account of we already know her backstory throughout the film. But we might have some for either Inside Out or The Good Dinosaur, however…

So, whaddaya say?