Boundin'

Hi all! I’m new here and am very excited to join your online community. “Boundin’” is probably my favorite Pixar short, so I was surprised to see that there’s no ‘official’ thread in the Shorts forum. Perhaps a mod can make this a Sticky. Anyway, I love the character design in this short (oftentimes characters in Pixar shorts have an unsettling, almost creepy quality to them, IMHO), as well as the overall Midwestern setting. I always thought the Midwest lent itself to animation very well. Plus, I love the overall message to it. I think that’s a very important proponent for animation; to entertain but also to leave the viewer with something to think about. So, who else shares my love for Boundin’?

It’s probaly my favorite after Lifted and Geri’s Game.
I like it alot.

I enjoy all the pixar short films, But the one that I have found most entertaining would have to be Presto. Great comedy, and the bunny looks so awesome! Boundin’ is probably the most memorable for me though, no idea why.

Boundin’ is definitely my favourite Pixar short film. I love the characters, I love the moral of the story, I love the way it looks and the song and Bud Luckey’s voice and absolutely everything about it. After my friends and I saw it for the first time, we were quoting it for months on end afters. ‘Pink? Pink? What’s wrong with pink? Sounds like you’ve got a pink kink in your think!’ Epic. :smiley:

Welcome to Pixar Planet Wheezy’sBestBud.

Boundin is probably y non-movie related short. The music was excellent and the characters were loveable.

I wish I had a pet Jackalope, they seem so loveable, and fun to say! J-A-C-K-A-L-O-P-E kinda rolls off the tongue :smiley:

This is my mom’s favorite short. It’s also my cousin’s favorite short, but I think that’s just because he thinks it’s supposed to be a mockery to preschool television. (I know that’s not the point, everyone! I’m just saying!)

This short has grown on me… When I first saw it I was thinking… “What were THEY thinking?”

The songs, rhythm and bouncing are great, and it’s one where the music is completely harmonic with the animation.

Yes, JACKALOPE is fun to say as well.

I figured I’d post this here because I don’t think the casual Pixar fan can appreciate this as much. I’m selling a couple of my studio exclusive pieces (paying for a wedding), and I know its rare that this stuff pops up on Ebay. But One of the things I’m getting rid of is my “Boundin Buddies” plush set I got last year.

[cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3DSelling](http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200340015608&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling)

I was never a huge Boundin fan and almost bought this more for the packaging. Some of my collection is just to dear to my heart to part with. Like my Mr. B "Lifted" plush, and this wooden Knick Knack bank...Just sharing. [img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3593/3507760760_8739ca64d1.jpg[/img]

I’ve always thought that Boundin’ was one of Pixar’s weaker shorts. It’s a bit strange imo, the only thing I really enjoyed about it is how well animated it is. It’s not a bad short, but it just seems a bit weird for me.

@ Wazowski, wow, that’s some awesome swag you got there, that Knick Knack bank looks amazing! I didn’t even know that Pixar made stuff for their shorts. I envy you! :smiley:

I am new here also… And i can’t believe i found a topic on boundin’.
Check out my name. :-D) :-D) :wink:
Anyways…I love boundin’. I love the accent of the narrator. LOL. :smiley:

Jackalope: I can assume that your favorite Pixar Short is Boundin huh? :wink: Welcome to PIxar planet as well.

I remember sleeping through this in my 30th-50th viewing of The Incredibles. I was burned out from all the viewings, as I’m sure I’ll get, too, while watching the Up repetitively.

~ Flare

I like the track. Is it an original? Nice country feel to it.

Yeah I think it’s original. But i’m not sure.
:question:

How and where do you get signatures. Like at the bottom of your post/reply?
Its confusing… :cry:

Click ‘Profile’ at the top of any page. :slight_smile:

No i mean like the html pictures and stuff. The rest is easy.

Taken from the “How To Thread”

I hope this helps.

Back on topic now. . .

This is probably my second favorite Pixar short, just after Presto… I had never seen it before since I had only seen The Incredibles on ABC Family, but I got the DVD recently and was very impressed by it.