Partly Cloudy

Yup. That’s Pixar’s next short film to premiere in 2009 in front of Up. It’s being directed by Peter Sohn. The title’s enough to get me excited! :smiley:
What do you think…?

Partly Cloudy? Is this short going to be related to Up at all? :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t know Peter Sohn was aiming to be a director - that’s cool. I can’t wait to see what his directing style is like. The title makes me think of a weatherman (or woman.) Hopefully we will get a synopsis soon!

I feel like it will be a short without the Up characters, but will take place in the Up universe. Since it’s before the movie, it probably wouldn’t sit right to introduce the main characters before their actual introductions. It may be about a minor character whose story later ties in with the movie as a gag. I don’t know, just guessing. :laughing:

No idea why, but I can already tell that it’ll be awesome. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m pretty excited to see how Peter Sohn will handle the reins of directing. I like his sense of humor, so I can’t wait to see this.

Thanks for the information! :smiley:

– Mitch

Sounds interesting… and Pixar had never let me down on a Pixar short and they certainly won’t this time! Just one thing, though… what’s it about?

Yay, ‘Emile’ gets behind the wheel for his directorial debut! :smiley:
My guess is it would feature a weatherman (since the title is a pretty standard climatologist term), and there would be some shenanigans involving him predicting the weather to be a certain way, only to be proven otherwise (like he’ll say it’ll be sunny, and it rains cats and dogs instead).
Or maybe it’ll be like the tale of a competition between an umbrella and a fan seller as the weather changes, like One Man Band.
With Pixar shorts, you can be sure there’ll be some measure of conflict between the characters or the situation. :slight_smile:

Or maybe it’s about a weatherman and whatever he says the weather will be like, that is the weather. So he doesn’t predict the weather, he makes the weather!

Something tells me Partly Cloudly is NOT abot the characters of Up, even though it seems very similar. I think it might be about a weatherman. Sounds like something that Pixar would do.

I can’t wait to see this. I am certain Peter Sohn will impress everyone in the audience.

Hmm, sounds interesting already. I wonder what it’s about. I didn’t realise that Peter Sohn was into directing, so it’ll be interesting to see something directed by someone different.

Ooooh, sounds interesting. I’m sure it will be nothing like the actual film (Up), like all the short films attached before the movie in theaters are.

Here is a discripted sentence on what I think Partly Cloudy is about:

This takes place in the sky with two clouds [not four] singing partly cloudy. :smiley:

Edited by Bill: Please don’t use all capital letters. We call this “shouting”. And also, please don’t use multiple “smileys”.

What if it’s about mythical God’s trying to keep up with controlling the weather? lol

Try to be more realistic, just like I was with your story plot, Disney_Guy. :smiley:

What do you mean with my story plot, and what story plot of mine?

You don’t think it would be kinda funny if they took mythology in a comedic matter? Well I was actually thinking it would be a funny thing for Pixar to do… kinda thought something funny like how Hercules was with Disney.

Or even that Goose God from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

^ haha i totally remember that!

Haha, cool idea, Disney_Guy! I like it! :laughing:

I wonder if it might be the case that whoever (or whatever) is featured in Partly Cloudy is also featured in Up itself but only very briefly? Assuming that Partly Cloudy takes place in the sky, we might see the characters featured in it in Up, if only for a moment or two, sort of like how the birds from For the Birds appeared very quickly in Cars (I think, correct me if I’m wrong).

I keep thinking that it might be about birds or something, or perhaps plants, though I don’t know why. :laughing:

Anyway, apparently there’s going to be more information coming out next month or possibly in April, so hopefully we’ll find out then.

lizardgirl - Well, Ernie from Lifted was an earlier model of Linguini from Ratatouille, so it’s certainly possible that there will be a reference from Up in Partly Cloudy. Some short films are harder to stick references in than others. Whatever the case, I hope Pixar continues with contrasting the two themes of the feature film and short preceding it.

I am not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but won’t Partly Cloudy be the first 3-D Pixar short?