Red's Dream

Have you seen this short before? If not, you can watch it at

[url]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5069231690060366309&q=red's+dream&total=2389&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1[/url]

And this one’s at a Japanese website.

What do you think of this short film?

Oh I have seen it before. I thought it was really, really enjoyable! Really nice to see it again after so long. Really, really sad though. THanks A113

That’s the saddest ending of any Pixar film. But I still liked it. I hope they make a sequel. :cry:

Hmmm, I think that is an enjoyable idea, but I am really happy that there is only one. I hope it stays as one.

I’ve never actually seen Red’s Dream Before! It’s so sweet and sad. Thanks for the link, A113! :smiley:

You’re welcome. It’s sad, isn’t it? The first time I saw it, I cried. :cry: But I can handle it now. I’m still hoping for a sequel…one with a happy ending.

I actually enjoyed this one. I thought it was gonna be alittle weird or something, but I liked it.

It was a little weird. :laughing: But so sad! :`-(

I liked this short a lot.
It’s… different!

I’ve been reading a book all abour Pixar, and it mentioned how Red’s Dream was made. The beginning and end, in the shop, were apparently made using a more advanced system, unlike the actual dream itself which was made using one of Pixar’s own brand computers. So apparently the dream sequence is more crude, though I never really noticed it myself.

It was a sad movie indeed. I liked it, but the clown freaked me out tough. it’s the kind of clown that haunts you in your dreams… :frowning:

John [Lasseter] always jokingly says that the film represents Pixar’s “Blue Period” . :laughing: The film is quite sad in it’s ending, but that’s what John was aiming for - to have something with pathos .

Aww, yeah I liked it, up until the end. Yes, I know John was going for a sad ending but really, it made me so depressed! Honestly when I listen to the commentary for it, I was like “totally! Why CANT the clown come in and buy it?? It just wants to perform! awwww” Wow, i’m so pathetic. :wink:

Not only would that be tough on their computers, but JL was going for a sad ending just to throw people off a bit.

But JL learned his lesson: Happy endings rock! :sunglasses:

I like happy endings too. A very Japanese thinking by the way. Yeah, Red’s Dream wasn’t happy at the end but if Pixar could license this machine and program it to balance a clown, not what you see in the picture, then I’m sure Red could light up people’s faces, for real, like this machine.

Check it OUT:
headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080 … i.view-000 :smiley:

I actually never saw this short. Thanks A113!

It is indeed a sad short, but it just proves that Pixar can do pathos!

You’re welcome! :smiley:

Red’s Dream is indeed the saddest of the Pixar shorts. But it is a good short, nonetheless.
If it got any sadder, Red might be found in the garbage of Wall-E. :bulb:

This short is so tearful that it makes me want to write a fan fiction on it and end it with a happy ending.

Maybe Red could be paired up with McQueen or something. shrugs