Your Friend the Rat fan commentary - 9.20.2008

:astonished: Interjection! I get to talk with Mitch live? Can i have your autographā€½ā€¦wait a minuteā€¦ :cry:

I canā€™t wait for this! Itā€™s going to be great! :smiley:

11.30pm again? This is a tough one. Iā€™ve got to be up at about four or five the next morning to go to a uni open day, so unless I get some sleep beforehand, Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll be able to make it.

Well, from the looks of things, there is a 75% chance that I can make it on that day.

Probably same here.

We were a little bit out of sync in the first commentary, so next time we need to take some steps to be more in sync.

To make sure weā€™re all starting at the same spot, weā€™ll all have to start from the same frame. To get to that frame we need to use the step function in our players. In some players if you press pause, you can then press the right arrow key to step forwards. So to reach the first blue frame of the Disney logo, pause the video before the logo appears, and then step forwards until the background changes from black to blue.

To make sure weā€™re all starting at the same time, I think that it would be more accurate if we all used the same clock and then pressed play at a specific time (say, 22:40:00 UTC). We can use this clock or this clock which require Java, or this clock which requires JavaScript. Try to get them all working by adjusting your browserā€™s settings. Hopefully, by Friday at least one clock will be working for all of us.

I think it would be better if everyone who is planning on participating in the Ratatouille commentary, was also in attendance for the YFTR one. This would be so that we can have a practise commentary, and to also get over the nerves that caused the awkward silences, and laughing in the first one. But thatā€™s what these things are for, right?

Try to watch YFTR a few times before doing the commentary (that goes with Ratatouille, too), by some fluke, TSS didnā€™t watch it beforehand but it worked in our favour, but I donā€™t think we should take this chance again.

I wonā€™t plan anything on the morning of Saturday, so you can put me down as 100% ready. Iā€™m open to reshuffling the time a few hours forward, if this helps lizardgirl and TSS make it.

Yeah! Itā€™s pretty weird talking to people on Skype, especially when youā€™ve been talking to them on the forum for a while, but awesome at the same time.

Wow i hope that everyone could make this one, and i think itā€™s awesome that weā€™re much more than the first try ! :smiley:

Mitch at a time you said : I know it by heart ! Well i know Ratatouille by heart and itā€™s gonna be hard to not finish theyā€™re sentences and all because i usually do that ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Edited. I combined both of your posts. ā€“ Mitch

Iā€™m going to have to step out of the one this Friday, just because Iā€™m travelling for the whole of the rest of the next day, so Iā€™ll need a decent nightā€™s sleep. But no matter, as long as everyone else- particularly those who havenā€™t done the commentary before- can make it, Iā€™m happy to just partake in the actual Ratatouille commentary as the next thing.

Rachel- Thanks for the offer, but if everyone else (hopefully including TSS) can make the time already arranged, then itā€™s probably best for you guys to go ahead with that one. Itā€™s so difficult to re-arrange these times to suit everyone, so as long as itā€™s all okay for the Ratatouille commentary, itā€™s not a problem. Thanks anyway, though. :smiley:

lizardgirl - Man. Iā€™m sorry that you wonā€™t be able to make it. At least we can look forward to hearing you commentate with us during the Ratatouille commentary. :smiley:

A113 - Aha-ha! Well, thanks, butā€¦ why so excited to talk to me? Iā€™m not the only member on the boards, yaā€™ know; plus, Iā€™m not worthy of giving anyone an autographā€¦ if it was possible. :laughing:

I agree. We didnā€™t do this last time, so it would be best if we referred to the international clocks.

Pixar.rocks - You do, too? Argh. Iā€™m gonna have to resist the urge to quote every lineā€¦ :laughing:

ā€“ Mitch

A113 - How are your computer troubles going? Is it fixed yet?

lizardgirl - Iā€™m a bit bummed that you canā€™t make it to the second practice commentary since you were really good at it, but Iā€™m looking forward to recording the Ratatouille one with ya! =)

Lizardgirl : Sorry that you canā€™t make it, i was really looking forward to comantating with youā€¦ At laest you made the first practise and i expect you at the Ratatouille commentary ! :smiley:

M-O: Okay, iā€™ll keep the schedule open to change for you. :wink:
Peter: I think where the first blue screen is is open to interpretation, so i suggest we all start right when the first spark of the ā€œmagic dustā€ appears in the Disney logo. And the clock is a good idea.
Pixar.rocks: Yeah, iā€™m gonna practice my rambling so we donā€™t have too many silences. :laughing:
LG: Oh, well. Sorry about that.
Mitch: Why wouldnā€™t i be excited to talk to you? :wink: And your autograph might become pretty valuable someday. :laughing: Anyway, i think 22:40 UTC is a good idea
Rachel: No, my computerā€™s not back yet, unfortunately. Iā€™m starting to get suspicious of those guys, but i think if i donā€™t get it back by Thursday, iā€™ll probably just download Skype on this one; itā€™s worth the risk of bluescreen. :laughing: Okay, maybe notā€¦

Everyone, i must warn you, if i do make it for this commentary, i might be very randumb, so feel free to correct me if i start getting too crazy.

Hey guys. I am sad to say that I probably wonā€™t make it to fridayā€™s commentary. It probably isnā€™t going to work out for me. Iā€™ll keep checking, and Iā€™ll give a final word on wednesday or thursday, but from the looks of things, it probably will be a no.

Just to let you guys know, I probably wonā€™t be talking as much in the second commentary, just so there is more of an opportunity for others to have their say. If there are any silences, or thereā€™s something I think people would want to know, Iā€™ll say it, but for the most part Iā€™ll hold back. Iā€™m looking forward to chatting to you guys before and after the session, though. =)

Would everyone be open to the possibility of moving this weekā€™s commentary 24 hours forward? Thatā€™s a Saturday afternoon (to those living in the US) and so you wouldnā€™t have to worry about college. At least then there would be more of a chance of getting TSS and lizardgirl back, and it would give A113 a extra day for his computer to be fixed. Let me know if this would be ok (or not) with any one involvedā€¦

rachel - Saturdayā€™s fine with me.

If you guys do manage to make it happen on Saturday, then my ā€œnoā€ will become a ā€œyesā€, hopefully.

Iā€™m going to second what Rachel said there and state that I probably wonā€™t be talking that much, either. Iā€™ll simply linger in the background most of the time while those of you who didnā€™t get a chance to participate in the last session take off with this commentary.

A113 - Ha-ha! Well, thanks, dude. blushes :wink:

The Star Swordsman - I hope that youā€™ll be able to make it!

Thatā€™s very thoughtful of you, Rachel. Saturday is fine with me. :wink:

ā€“ Mitch

Saturday is also fine with me ! :smiley:
And if it could help others itā€™s even better ! :wink:

The Saturday will be more do-able for me, but it all depends on what time I get back from this uni open day thing. Weā€™re sticking at the same times, right? Just 24 hours forward? My only concern is that Iā€™ll have been travelling for around 8 hours that Saturday, and Iā€™ve got work on the Sunday so it might be a bit too much for me.

Anyway, Iā€™d plan to stay in the background, as Rachel said, so itā€™s not as though thereā€™d be a massive difference if I can make it or not. As long as everyone who hasnā€™t had a practise yet can make it, Iā€™m happy. :smiley:

Hopefully, Iā€™ll be able to find a better video source for YFTR.