Yahoo Compares Pixar and Dreamworks

With Toy Story 3 coming up real soon, and with the release of Shrek 4, I’ve been wondering: have you ever met or know someone that says “Dreamworks is better than Pixar?” or somthing like that?

I haven’t!

^Yeah, me neither. All my friends seem to agree to that Pixar is far better than Dreamworks, and I love them for that. Except for my one friend, he actually said that he didn’t like Pixar because their movies are unoriginal and they just use recycled plot devices. I mean, can you believe that he actually said that? Needless to say, we aren’t friends anymore.

Haha, just kidding. After trying to preach the goodness of Pixar to him almost everyday to get him to realize the error of his ways, it turns out that he’s never even seen a Pixar film, except Toy Story, which he said he couldn’t remember. Most of the animated movies he’s seen were actually made by Dreamworks, he just thought that Pixar made all animated movies. So now I’m trying to get him to watch more Pixar films.

Anyway, I love how the article compares the Oscar nominations and wins of both studios. It really cements the fact with solid statistics that Pixar is superior.

That reminds me of my dad. He thought Shrek was a Pixar film.(of all the insulting things to say…) But I told him wich films are the Pixar ones and he was like," Oh! Well those aren’t bad!"

All my idiotic friends refer to Shrek as “the best Disney movie ever”, and it makes me so mad… :imp:

Yeah, stuff like that bothers me. Just like when people say that Anastasia is a Disney Princess.

Or Odette!!! Yeah, if it’s not Disney, don’t say it is. People love insulting me with their ignorance… :cry:

It really looks like Dreamworks is more wanting the money than a good film (see 3 sequels of Shrek which was already bad at the first sequel). But Pixar bother more about the quality, they want give the audience a magical movie to let the audience be amazed about it. And that’s one of the things I like the most of Pixar.

grts,
Wouter

Yeah, DW lacks heart. Dragons was a step in the right direction, but it still doesn’t hold a candle to the emotional surrender you must give in to Up. Up is the only movie I’ve cried in the theatre for, and that’s a big deal.

Yeah I agree with you. Dragons was great, it didn’t feel like a Dreamworks movie. But I agree that Up was more emotionally moving

Its easy to compare these two huge companies…but its just individual opinion.

Lets say, that Dreamworks Kung Fu Panda and How to train a dragon is much better than Wall-E or Up.

Most of these problems about who should get a Oscar is political. Pixar was the first one and start all this madness. They build up their style and system. Dreamworks just start copy them, but as the time goes, Dreamwork did really well on last two movies, their stories were great!

The other problem is that If Pixar wouldnt get a Oscar, people would start think about “there is something wrong!” “What Pixar did wrong?” “Why they failed?” because now, everybody thinks Pixar si perfect.

That would be a big problem! All is about psychology and get a job there is political, but this way works most of the huge companies. If you dont wanna get Pixar down, lets give him a Oscar and Dreamworks will be always second, it doesnt matter how good they are.