Woody's Pull-String Phrases

hey, cant you get the waterhole hole phrase from the TSC woody? mine is pretty distorted.

I dont think TSC woody has the waterhole phrase, does he?

i meant the wagon train phrase. my bad

No good. First, it’s missing the “YEEE-HA!” at the beginning. Second, it’s Jim Hanks’ voice, not Tom’s.

I don’t think “Ride like the wind, Bullseye!” can be one of his pullstring phrases, because that would mean he would’ve been wondering who this “Bullseye” is before meeting him. Although eliminating that still leaves us one short of nine (“Hey Howdy Hey” is all but definite). I asked Lee Unkrich on Twitter, here’s hoping for a swift reply.

DS store woody has the waterhole phrase, i think from what the site said

No he does not. He has the exact same phrases as the original 195 doll. The only one with the waterhole phrase is the mattel toy story 3 doll which I believe is a european exclusive.

internet liers. lets get our pitchforks and torches. angry mob time :smiling_imp:

internet liers. lets get our pitchforks and torches. angry mob time :smiling_imp:

Woody’s 8th phrase is actually “Draw!” This is confirmed from an earlier script, which Woody was supposed to say this before his ‘waterhole’ line when scaring Sid. I’m sure it actually was recorded by Tom Hanks as well at this point in production (even so, Woody still says this when he’s talking to Etch).

If we’re going by the Prospector’s box, the dolls have 9 phrases. So I guess the 9th one is still a mystery (or maybe Woody just always had 8).

EDIT: There do exist custom, pre made pull-strings:
alibaba.com/product-gs/52360 … e_box.html
Obviously, these are not the same mechanism as Woody’s vintage one, as it runs on batteries. Though the size does seem to be correct. Aside from the batteries, the phrases also would not be random (unless otherwise modified). Though I’m not sure if Woody’s “wagon train” quote would even fit on a record - that’s one advantage the electric voice box has.

thats another interseting little factoid