Will Pixar Release 'Newt' Footage?

Well that’s pretty weird. I’m hoping they mistook it for real concept art instead of stealing it and claiming it was an “unfinished character design”. It’s actually very good and I understand how people would think it’s official. I also checked the Newt page again and the artwork seems to be gone.

I do think Pixar Wikia is good, but it could do with some improvements.

I really hope Pixar will release some test footage from Newt. It’s a movie I was always extremely curious about. I bet sometime within the next 5 years or so there will be a sort of mini-documentary that goes into deeper discussion about the project and why it ended up scrapped. I’m still sort of miffed it happened anyway.

Maybe they’ll release more on it one day…

Check the Disney Pixar facebook page, they posted lots and lots of AMAZING artwork of Newt :open_mouth:

I just checked. Love them. Makes me even sadder that Newt isn’t in development. :frowning:

at first, I really wasn’t excited for this film. But now, seeing all that gorgeous concept art really made me sad that this isn’t going to be happening any more :frowning: Some of the designs look really cool :smiley:

I don’t think that they’d have made any footage by that point. I don’t think that they’d put something into full production and then just cancel it. There might be some storyboards though. I don’t know if they’d release storyboards though.

The concept art is really good. Looks like it could have been a beautiful film.

Wow. Pretty :frowning: Now I feel bad for not caring about Newt.

CANCEL Newt???

Boy I sure missed a lot… -_-

Agreed! Don’t think we’ve seen the last of newt. Amphibians adapt. Check back in 5 years…

Do you have a source for this?! I’d love to see the actual lecture/what it was!

I really hope they pick up Newt again at some point…I was so looking forward to it!

I love that picture so much, how the coffee maker blocks what happpens. 8D

^It makes me wonder if there actually was an illustration depicting…err, what we’d expect, behind it. 8D

lol yeah! I wonder how that movie would end.

Here’s some more concept art to make you even more frustrated over its cancellation
bleedingcool.com/2011/03/20/ … u-off-rio/

Arghhh. The drawings are so cool. What intrigues me the most out of the concept art we’ve seen are the humans. They’re really varied. In the first batch that got revealed, I remember seeing a little girl, too…

looking at that art of the newt animal, knowing it wont ever come to life, is making me very depressed. I personally feel that this whole story idea sounded amazing. it would have been an original charm in my opinion,

The title of the article says I’d be put off by Rio. I’m still excited for that movie, and the concept of parrots in Brazil interests me more than Newts in …West Virginia? (As the woman’s shirt says, but that doesn’t mean it’s where it’s set).

Anyway, great to see more concept art. I really like the snake one.

My favorite is the cast. I didn’t care about this movie, but it still might have been nice.

Can they twist the original storyline into something different so that this movie will still happen to include all these characters, please? I mean why let all these wonderful pieces of art go to waste, right?? And if cars can be spies, newts can be mafias and gangsters too!!