Why all this Cars 2 hate?

If Kung Fu Panda 2 is good, I would like to see a 3rd one, but no more,

I’d see them all! Sure, it’s pretty crazy, but they’re funny! :smiley:

I too am sick of all the hate.

Oh a fellow Cars fan,welcome!!! :slight_smile:

It’s just too repetitive for my taste.

I am sick of the Cars hate because there is never any substance behind it to back it up. People say they hate it and give no reasons or none that are relevent to back it up. Half the time they just like hating it for the sake of hating it if you get what I’m saying…

They just hate it because

1. it’s a sequel; hey, they loved TS3!!
    2)they’re talking cars; why is that worse than bugs or dolls or fish?
    3)they’re close minded; …

They give good reasons, I guess, but it’s repetitive.

I know. I have only seen very lame reasons…

Exactly. :mrgreen:

Were gonna find out all everyone feels about this movie soon.

Yep, and I’m simultaneously scared and excited.

The only thing that I guess you can say scares me is the rest of the world not liking it. Other than that, I know I will, so I’m excited.

Same. Opinions are opinions, and I’m not dismissing them or anything, and while it’d be great if the whole world loved Cars 2, what really matters is that I like it.

^^^ Amen to you guys! Seriously, I wish more people thought that way. They get so caught up on what others will think but it’s your own opinion that matters. I know I will like it so I’m not scared at all…well the only thing that makes me a little nervous is how much of a role Sally might have and if her and McQueen don’t kiss I don’t know what I will do with myself! XD

^^ I know I’m so excited for Cars 2, and I can’t believe it’s coming out tomorrow. I don’t think anyone should worry about critics and just enjoy the movie. Plus I have tickets to watch Cars 2 in Emeryville! I bet the audience there will love the movie :slight_smile:

Cars 2 suffers from the same problem as the first one: It’s a simple story that lacks the depth other Pixar movies have and the whole logic of a world made up entirely of vehicles just raises questions about how the whole setting works.

Oh I bet they will!

Its a movie, use your imagination.

Cars 2 hate is rampant in the newspapers and hands of critics, however I’m glad to see there is not much hate in the hearts of fans of animation.

I’m so nervous now!! I can’t read the reviews before I see the movie, or I’ll not be excited! I’m not happy with the critics at all. Does anyone know at all how Leonard Maltin reacted to cars 2?