Which Pixar film defines your personality?

Nice dude. I wonder what you’ll put for Brave. :laughing:

Thanks, TSS!

You’re welcome dude.

First of all, great lineup Modeltrainman! I get you there on all accounts :slight_smile:
Anyway, I think that I could easily say that my film is Ratatouille, even though all the films have an area that relates to me. I’m like Ratatouille because I’m an unlikely dreamer; I like to think I’m a Remy of sorts, watching through a window in the roof of my favorite animation studios, easily picking out who’s who and watching the newbies step up. And someday, I hope to fall through that window and find myself working in the animation business. As far as the other films go, I’d have to really take my time to pinpoint how I relate to each one. Perhaps when I get around to it…

well I think parts of those fit me. :slight_smile:

I certainly like toys, so the Toy Story ones (especially #3) would work. I love the idea of parallel universes, so Monsters Inc is in there. I also like cars, and fish, and technology, so I can throw Cars, Nemo and Wall-e in there. Of course Nemo has the added bonus of having the character I am most like (that being Marlin, I’m a chronic worrier like he is)

Being a writer and dreamer who goes through a lot of adversity(I’ve been bullied my whole life), Ratatouille really defines me as artsy. I’m also a little bit of Brave, as I’m kind of a free spirit(I know it’s not on the list, sorry!) :smiley:

Nice! I definitely think most of us have a bit of Ratatouille in us.

Thanks! I agree about Ratatouille. That is why a lot of us are drawn to Disney and Pixar. I guess we’re all dreamers at heart.

Yes, I can see the Ratatouille connection with artists. Cooking is his art, and we all have our own art that we are drawn to.

I guess a few of these films define me, but in bits and pieces. One of the more general examples is A Bug’s Life. Not that people really reject my ideas, but people who know me would suspect I would be different than I am (I think). The people that know I like animation sometimes think I want to animate non-specific things on a computer for a movie, when my real passion lies with the story and the characters. It’s thought that I might become an engineer or some kind of doctor, and while those are great jobs, I don’t want to do that. I just want to make good movies and encourage others to do a job that carries their passion.

Ratatouille is another consistent example. I don’t come from a background that specifically screams movie-going or math or computers or art or anything. However, I still want to master one of these art forms, particularly movie-making. I also learn more and more each day how to know who I am and look at other people and know we can survive being different or the same.

Cars 2 kind of defines me. I was much more playful and excited by everything as a kid and went through life thinking everything was all good like Mater. While I’m a nerd, I have a particular nerdiness for movies, like Mater does with car parts. Then I started growing up, and I realized that life on Earth can be pretty rotten for anyone at any time. Part of this is the way you’re looked at, and people either think you would be different or expect you to change. But like Mater, I learned that the only people’s opinions who matter are those family members and friends who can both cheer you on and keep you from harm’s way. So, I try to stay happy-go-lucky even though I know not everything is cracked up to what it’s supposed to be. Meanwhile, Cars applies to me as at this point. I don’t really know where life will take me exactly, but I’m going to enjoy the ride as best I can.

Currently, I feel like WALLE really applies to me. I love finding new things (objects or information) and trying to figure out what they mean. Still, something important is missing, and that is a love of my life. Granted, I know time is taking me there, but it’s still a little lonely whenever I watch something equivalent to the love scene from Hello, Dolly!. Someone who will love me with my strengths and flaws must be a great feeling, and I’m willing to do the same thing back. Meanwhile, I will stay positive and dutiful like WALLE. I also think the aspect of love in my future will brighten the other aspects of my life, allowing me to live a happy life and show care and concern to everyone I know.

That was a really beautiful post LQ. That’s why these films resonate so much, because they can be relatable. What I really found interesting was the Bugs Life comparison. I wish you luck on your dream!

Oh, thank you EJE! I’m just another one of those dreamers, but I’m a serious and dedicated dreamer at that. I’ll reach the finish line even if it means I have to stick out my tongue to reach it like LMcQ! ;-p

Hehehe, just promise that when you’re an animator, you must take me on a tour of whatever studio you’re at!

Of course I will! There. Said and done. :smiley:

Great Success!

Seriously, LQ, that is awesome >w< We are so alike! I think I’ll take the time for a moment and explain how another certain film, or a certain series of Pixar films, relates to me…
The Toy Story films relate to me a lot in the manner that they have a lot to do with life’s changes. And I admit that I’m not a fan of change, especially when it doesn’t seem like a good change at the time. And even more so with the worries of say, “growing up”. I find that this line in TS3 works perfectly to describe my situation some days as balance my day’s duties vs. my dreams vs. my daily “fun stuff” (like drawing or reading or movies). “We all knew this day was coming”, “Yeah, but now it’s here!”. By all means, I want to keep a childlike spirit throughout my entire life; I want to play with toys and watch animated movies and cartoons and of course, scooter around an animation studio drawing characters or writing scripts or lighting scenes or whatever I’ll end up doing, and I fear getting stuck somewhere that I won’t be able to do those things. But the Toy Story trilogy reminds me that though changes aren’t easy, but you can get through them still. And it’s a good reminder to me every day.

Thank you! I’m glad you liked my post, Obsessed!

I really liked reading how you connected with the Toy Story movies! They are very near and dear to my heart as well. I agree with you about Toy Story 3. In my opinion, I think that is the most realistic Pixar film to date, and also the most emotional one for me. I admit, I was and still am a bit uncomfortable with how much the Toy Story world changed in the third film, but what’s so great about it is that it’s so true. And afterward, I feel better because in the end, everyone is fine, and I imagine that (hopefully) Andy’s misc. toys are okay too. I can also understand how change can be hard and maybe unwanted thing. I’m glad that you are willing to get through any of those times when changes are hard. And usually, these changes that we go through either turn out not to be so hard or eventually return to a familiar place we used to love, by which I mean things may go back to normal. Also, hang on to that childlike spirit of yours. It looks like everyone at Pixar is like that, especially John Lasseter! You will surely live a happy life that way.

^Oh, thank you, LQ, that is one of the awesomest things I’ve ever been told, I think :slight_smile:

Oh, you’re most welcome. :smiley:

I would say Ratatouille would suite me the most, because I love to travel, and cook. (Which I love doing) And I love Paris!!