Which operating system do you use?

or you could sudo rm -rf and install windows 7, start windows media centre, and you’re good to go.

Seriously, Mint > ubuntu, it’s more media friendly.

I can handle media on Ubuntu, especially since I rip all of my DVDs onto MP4 and then play from the computers HD using XMBC. No problem there.

And no, I don’t feel like having to use antivirus software on my home theater PC. This is why I didn’t install Windows.

I’ve been running 7 since the alpha days, with the standard microsoft protection, not got a single virus since I started.

I never had a virus with Windows 7 either, but IF I got one (and that could very possibly happen) it would be a pain to have to reformat a home theater PC. Happy with my Ubuntu media center, and someday I’ll get a Mac Mini to replace it.

Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware FTW =]

Also, you don’t need to reformat to reinstall windows, I’ve done it for years now.

Yeah you can always repair it, but you have no way of knowing if the virus was really removed. I install my OS on a separate partition or HD so I can delete it and start over real quick if I need too.

No, not even repair, just install it normally, but just don’t do the reformat. It will rename your windows folder windows.old and put its new folder there.

You still have the danger of virus-laden files though.

I’m running Mac OS X. I switched over to Mac almost 4 years ago and I’m lovin’ it!

Yes…i help fix computers for a home business man and yes that program rocks…also try out CCleaner if you need more data space and Superantispyware…Avast has to be the best Antivirus product you can get for free…man i can clean almost any computer with that stuff…

Conrad-That’s normally why you attempt to not download those files…stick to reliable sites and you’ll be ok…

I am first and foremost a Windows user, which is why I voted for it, but I’m growing to love Linux the more I use it. The Linux OS I’m using on one of my Desktop’s is Kubuntu (the one I’m using to post this message) And I have an ancient laptop running Lubuntu, both variants of the Ubuntu OS. But why am beginning to love Linux more? Well, after having had to reformat my Windows computer 3 times from viruses (And before you ask, yes I’ve had like 3 different antivirus programs on to protect from them but it still happens.), as well as having multiple hardware issues and crashing software at random moments, I’ve been getting kinda mad at it. Outside of 1 hardware issue that was resolved quickly thanks to the Linux community, I haven’t had any issues with Linux. Best part is, I didn’t even pay for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re having good luck, GNU/Linux, I found has no hardware support, and the community are ignorant self righteous [expletives]. I personally don’t see the ppoint, because as I said I haven’t reformatted in three to four years, simply reinstalling windows when I need to, maybe once a year. I have had very few viruses and the ones I have had MBAM exterminated efficiently.

Ubuntu is one of the simpler distros, try installing Gentoo, having to compile everything from source.

Windows 2000. With a whompin’ 20 gigs of storage.

Alright, who thinks they have worse, please, raise your hand.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Try IBM pentium 166MHz with 5GB HDD and 32MB of RAM, running windows 95.
It still works too ^^

Ohh! Nice.

That’s what we had at my dad’s house before he got a work laptop that my sister and I took over.

And, the 95 could’ve worked, had, at that time, not been interested in flash flash revolution :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh dear!

I’m going to find a copy of DOS 6.22, and install Win 3.11 on it, should be amazing.

I use a Mac now, after a couple years of using a PC.

I adore it very much. =D

I love my Mac too! I just put Ubuntu 10.04 on a virtual machine, and I just love Linux and open-source software! jab jab at WALL-E :wink:

I would love to afford a Mac, but in my country that’s difficult. So I’m using Windows.

I’m using windows to