What lurked under your bed as wee children?

Same here, lennonluvr9.

Except I wasn’t worried about my stuff… just what he would do to me… :open_mouth:

Wow, I was scared of robbers too. Oh and when I was in 6th grade there was a sort of “trend” in child

abductions. I was really afraid of that… Luckily my sister and i shared a room at the time. :wink:

OMG! The same thing happened to me, sort of. Me and my friend were trying that in her bathroom, with the lights off, and the doors closed. We were probably 10 at the time. It was so creepy, because in the mirror a face started forming (in the bottom right hand corner) out of greenish smoke. We ran out screaming, I’m dead serious.

And I just saw that this is my 13th post! The subject matter is cursed!

When I was about ten, a friend of mine swore that she had an experience- she said she was sleeping over another

girl’s house and that girl said, "You know, I have a severed ghost hand that stays under the covers of my

bed that comes out and plays with me at night."

My friend said she laughed, and then the girl turned

out the light and they peaked under the covers and she could see a little severed hand dancing around under

there.

I think it was probably a trick, but the weird thing is my friend is so smart and level-headed. I

was scared to look under my covers at night for years.

I got scared a lot as a kid. Now I’m officially

‘grown up’ but when I moved out of my parents house six months ago, I became re-acquainted with nighttime

fears. My apartment building is old and there are a lot of funny noises at night, and every now and then I wake

up from a bad dream shaking in fright and worrying that there is an intruder in the apartment. Sometimes I’ll

hear a noise and get up to check the whole place, then leave all the lights on when I go back to

bed.

It’s gotten better as I’ve gotten used to living alone, but I still get scared at times.

Of

course it doesn’t help that I always read Stephen King before I go to bed! :slight_smile:

I was scared of

clowns (still am) when I saw poltergeist when I was little!

When I was little I was afraid of big bird on sesame street.

:cry: The reason why I was afraid of him beacause I found out he was a robot.

Big Bird was a robot? How did I not know that??? I thought

he was just some dude in a costume, or a giant muppet or something. Wow, the world seemed so simple before this

moment…

I think that he was a Muppet.

They control the puppet by staring at a video monitor that shows what the audience is seeing, and they work the

puppet with the other hand.

I think he was a little big to do that, Bill. :wink: I don’t know, I thought he was a costumed person.

GD - Actually, a person was inside the puppet, with the monitor. I don’t know how to explain it, I’m just telling you what I learned from Brian Henson (Jim Henson’s son). But wer’e getting off topic here. Back on topic…

I have said this before, but I will say it again. I wasn’t really afraid of stuff under the bed when I was a little kid. Instead, I was afraid of the stuff outside my house.

I’ve probably said this before too. But I wasnt afraid of monsters in my room. I was afraid of like, robbers, and those serial type killers you see in horror movies. Everytime I heard a noise I thought there was someone in the room trying to get me or something…

You have pretty much said it all for me there lennonluvr. :wink:

I used to love watching The Land Before Time, and Pizza Hut had this promotion where you could buy a plastic hand puppet of each of the characters. So we collected them and eventually we had the whole set. But the nasty dinosaur, named Sharptooth, freaked both of us out at night. It would be on the dressing table and the eyes looked scary. So during the day we threw it over our next door neighbours fence, into their bush. I always wonder if they had found it, or it’s still there under the bush.

The Land Before Time dinosaurs - the “scary” one is 3rd from the right:

There was also a wooden owl that was hung near my door, which is at the end of a long hallway. I would get scared of its eyes at night (as well), when we would get up to walk to the toilet. So I convinced mum to throw it away.

rachel - You have the The Land Before Time toy set?! I want it! :open_mouth:

– Mitch

Yeah rachel, sharptooth was kinda scary when I first saw him. Even at night, he gave me the chills!

Mitch - No I don’t. I’m sorry. We threw the Sharptooth one over the fence, and the rest were either given or thrown away. There are a few on ebay, though.

Hmm, when I was little I would run to my bed from the door because of the Foot Leopard that lived under my bed. It was either blue with purple rosettes, or vis versa. Geez, it’s been years since I’ve thought of it.

rachel - Aw man. Oh well. Perhaps I’ll take a look on Ebay one of these moons…

Haunt - Haha. The “Foot Leopard”… (snigger)

Shoo! I thought I was the only one :stuck_out_tongue: