What do YOU think got Bigfoot, Lockness, and Yeti banished?

It’s all a matter of opinion of course, but I just disagree that Mike and Sulley threw Randall knowing the trailer would be occupied. This could have applied to every single door they went through during the chase scene, so it could have happened to either one of them. Why it didn’t is beyond me, but I personally think Randall just had the luck of being chucked into a door (the only one, apparently!) that actually had humans in it. The whole thing is just odd, so this is why I never really bothered to delve into that bit. Plus, it would be a little off-topic since my purpose was to discuss a bit more about Bigfoot, Lock Ness and Yeti and why they were banished.

That’s another great theory. While Yeti doesn’t strike me as the kind of monster who would become involved in any form of crime, he could have been wrongfully convicted and gotten banished, or maybe he got mixed up with the wrong crowd and unknowingly set himself up for this!

And, to be honest, the Monster World has always seemed much more…perfect than this world. Sure, we only get to see Monstropolis, but it’s all very neat and tidy, even when most of its inhabitants appear to be earning minimum wage. So, something that we might think of as hardly being a crime at all might be something very serious to them.

It could very well be the case there. In some countries, including some very modern ones, you can be severely punished for doing things like spitting on the sidewalk, and even right here in the US, people go to jail and pay huge fines and have their lives ruined for doing things that logic tells us should not be that bad. People have gone to FEDERAL prison for simply picking up a feather on the ground…and letting their kid take it to show-and-tell, only to have someone recognize it as a feather from a bird of prey, like a hawk or eagle. They had no idea that merely possessing a feather from such a bird is a felony, punishable by up to 10 years in Federal prison. There are a large number of places where you can go to jail, lose your home and property and have all your financial assets frozen, simply because your dog has short hair and a wide head, or because someone sees a rooster with a small comb running around in your yard, since those things alone in some cities are “proof” that you’re fighting dogs or gamecocks! If such situations exist here, in a place that is generally quite permissive, it’s no stretch of imagination to assume that the Monster World, or parts of it, at least, have far stricter laws. They definitely seem to have a pretty strong anti-littering law in effect in Monstropolis, since there would be VERY few cities in much of the Human World THAT clean and tidy! It is just as possible that Yeti committed some misdeed that most of us would consider trivial, and that he did not intentionally set out to break the law, but you know the saying, “ignorance of the law is no excuse”.

pitbulllady

Maybe they were too big and took up too much room? Not to mention they probably had violent tendencies.

It’s pretty darn near impossible for me to fathom the Abominable/Adorable Snowman as EVER having had “violent tendencies”. As for size, Sulley is about the same size reported for Bigfoot, and Ted the Giant Chicken put them ALL to shame when it came to being just plain B-I-G, yet HE didn’t get banished. Being large seemed to be a rather desirable thing in the Monster World, after all; there were even ads in the tabloid papers about how to gain weight, quite the opposite of what we see here. I can’t see being large as something that the monsters would consider a crime punishable by banishment to the Human World, sorry.

pitbulllady

cracks knuckles, gives hand off to Pitbulllady above That’s right boys and girls, Nexas is BACK :smiling_imp: Muhahahaha ^0^
Log-In problem, Pixar Planet needs to look at, long story…shortly, back, convo, better not happen again heh heh.

leans back Lets see…AH…KNEW this question could come up sometime :slight_smile:

To first start off, let’s look at Banishment. It happens either one of two ways.

1. The harshest punishment delievered to a Mon in a court. Contrary to what some may think, it’s on par with the death sentence (In actuality the death sentence may not exist in the Monster World, with it being Banishment).

2. And Illegal Banishment (like Waternoose to Sullivan/Wazowski and them to Randall). This one is harder to do because you need a specifically designed Metal Door, which Scare Co., the conglomerate Scream industry operator, designs, along with the regular doors.
    Now the complex thing about these doors is that they would have to be set up in specific locations with many factors.
    I’ll go out on a limb here and use Bigfoot as an example. Many sightings right? But if I recall, the majority of them are in moutain ranges and dense forests. What if the ones we’re seeing are actually ALL different? But they are all furry and the like with similiar descriptions.
    That’s because the doors factor in the Monster’s characteristics. I’ll explain a bit about that below…

First…the Abomindable Snowman, AS for short.
The first one? Nah. AS is…like…one of those people who wave at you as you dry down the street or offer to pay your side of the meal when invited to dinner or something.
Second one? Perhaps. I mean when you think about it, AS is rather gullible. Maybe he saw something he should’t have, or, like Randall, got into a rough situation with dangerous consequences.
Here’s a question to beg…given the Abomindable Snowman feels at home, as we see, with cold weather…would it be argued he WAS in a trial? If so, maybe he was framed for something perhaps. One of those “good guys in bad situations” deal. This could make sense given he was “Banished” into a climate befitting him.

Second…Bigfoot.
Now…with what I said above…Bigfoot’s legacy extends to several sitings in different (but similiar) places…and evidence of large prints and the like have been found.
But still, with what I said above…He’s probably not immortal (HOWEVER…will argue that some Monsters in legacy ARE…AND that some Monsters also have increased/decreased (mostly the former) lifespans. A Dragon for instance can regularly live for 1000 years)…so how do so many pop up in different places and how so for so long?
I have two theories.

1. They’re of similiar speices but DIFFERENT Monsters…bansihed in the fashion of court in a climate/area that suits them. Given that next to no Bigfoot"S" have been caught, the court seemed to do itself well in at least one part.
  2. Perhaps they’re an observation team? Afterall, making doors and studying humans would need Mons to gather SOMETHING or what not. And given that Furries are mostly popular in the Mon World, perhaps they’re like the C.D.A., a bunch of similiar working drones.

Third…Lochness…or “Nessy”
folds arms, trying not to laugh It would be friggin HILARIOUS if Loch Ness started in a news conferance that “I’m a guy…why do they call me Nessy” ^0^
Serious though heh heh.
Now Lochness is big…REALLY BIG…bigger than Bigfoot or AS. Now and interesting concept is that an underwater door was installed. Not overly contradictive…non-rustable material to make the door (or at least a cover on the outside), and would be a door VERY had to discover for humans given their limited bodies.

I admit I didn’t read everyone else’s ideas to congrat, debate, correct them…just that I’ve been gon awhile and am playing catch up ^_^;

…Ah and Ran of course…Time to crack this.

Sullivan and Wazowski DID KNOW. My evidence? LOOK AT THE SCENE.
Wazowski was…doing a stupid idotic thing with Sullivan…the whole “Baseball” scene there when they’re about to throw Randall…take a look…
THE DOOR IS OPEN…if they DID NOT look inside…how would they know it would be safe to leave it open while enjoying their sick little game?
Monsters Inc. Employee Rule #1…NEVER LEAVE A DOOR OPEN. They knew alright…
looks at Lizardgirl and Pitbulllady
What would you guys do without me? :slight_smile:

We couldn’t do anything without you, Nexas. 8D

Well, of all the theories, yours are DEFINITELY the best. :wink:

Haha Thank you very much :slight_smile:

While I do believe that monsters are well aware of locations in our world and their harsh environments, I doubt they send out a league of Bigfoots as explorers since we only hear of one guy who was, in the words of Yeti, “banished and fashioned an enormous diaper out of poison ivy”. :laughing:

Well… it’s “Nessie” for short. It’s not really meant to be gender-specific.

Now that is a cool idea. It could probably be installed onto the floor instead of having it upright so that there won’t be any problems with flash flooding everytime it’s used! Even if the door was found, it’d just look like a regular, old door that someone probably dumped into the lake. I like that idea!

Fathom? A simple “imagine” would have been fine. :wink:

I was just thinking of possible reasons, it’s not like we know of their pasts.

Touche. Btw, I meant too large as in disrupting the lives of the other monsters, and not as a crime.

I’d think he or they would have better living arrangements and some equipment.

Well true. Though I think we all can agree that that particular Bigfoot is a few loose screws considering he calls himself “King Itchy” heh.

Sounds feminine heh heh.

Well the banishment door at the other end in the Monsters World could very well be installed in a Monster World ocean or lake or such so that such a problem wouldn’t be such a problem.

Robert? New guy heh heh.
Well Monster business in the Human World would have to be handled delicately. Afterall, the discovery of Scream Technology for instance would be sought after (peaceful OR aggressivly) by human factors.

Because the humans saw them?

Humans saw ALL of the monsters who were Scarers, since for most of 'em, human children would HAVE to see them in order to be scared! There did not appear to be any sort of law against being seen by humans, unless, I suppose, a monster intentionally put himself/herself in a position to reveal the existence of the Monster World to the humans or fraternized with humans.

I did have this little notion, though, that perhaps there was some sort of “black market” for goods from the Human World in the Monster World, like music CD’s or something, that would lead some monsters to form some sort of business alliances with some humans, sort of like people who are smugglers of contraband in our own world. I’m sure that this would be a serious criminal offense in the Monster World.

pitbulllady

That’s a sketchy topic, considering banishment puts one Monster in the human world. And if, for revenge sake of those in the crimial and un-careing section, that’s that, would lead to humans knowing about the Monster world if they’d put their gun or knife down for a second.

Actually your notion is quite true Pitbulllady. Though, in it’s mass-state, it’s secretive production is actually considered legal (now, by secretive, I mean without law enforcement knowing about it). Scare Co. 's R&D division sometimes secretly steals and, rarely, exchanges technology know-how. Not only that, but over-all culture impact. As we all see, Mon-life has many similarities to the Human World. One reason Scare Co. invented the Toxic Card is so that they could secretly conduct “miraculous achivements” and “creative ideas”. For instance of each, the former could be “tubes”, the old fashion type that we used for T.V.s. Now, as we see, I think I recall something in Sullivan and Wazowski’s appartment having apparent tubes. The later could refer to holidays humans “apparently do” and Scare Co. and it’s officials “guess the purpose”, which is actually what we do on that particular holiday, with tweaking of course for Mon society.
Of course, Mons smart enough not to be fooled by the Toxic Card (there are FEW), would smuggle in human technology not apparent to the Monster World, claiming them perhaps to be “sterilized items from the Human World” or the smuggle-talk that some do saying it’s “one-of-a-kind” or stuff like that.
But basically, yeah, smuggling does go on. Both in Crimial and R&D at Scare Co.

What got them banished? To be honest, I really don’t know but if I were to take a guess, it may have been something that not only could have brought harm to themselves but also to others and their world. Of course, the bottom line is that we really don’t know and the only ones who would are most likely the creator of the film itself.

Loch Ness Monster probably ran too many scams and schemes in order to get tree fiddy from all the Monsters in Monstropolis.

They were banished for pandering to tourists, and making money off of them!