What biopics would you like to see made?

I biopic of Jim Henson is something that is of interest to me.

Does Roald Dahl have a biopic? If he doesn’t, someone needs to get on that. Immediately!

Almost three years ago now, Johnny Depp was announced to be working on a biopic of legendary surrealist painter Salvador Dalí, with himself playing the famed artist.

slashfilm.com/johnny-depp-to … tled-dali/

I am beyond excited for this, as I am a monsterous Dalí fan. I haven’t heard anything about the project since, though.

Yesterday, I got an idea for a biopic of caricaturist Al Hirschfeld.

Johnny Depp? Salvador Dalí? YES! I can even see that in Johnny’s face. <3

I want to see a biopic about Jesus. We covered his birth (The Nativity Story) and his death (The Passion of the Christ), why not cover his boyhood and days as a teacher?

Because the Bible gives us nothing I suppose, and no one wants to make up stories about Jesus. They think they can’t touch his life. Which is dumb, because that’s what the writers of the bible did. :confused:

That would be interesting, I actually was watching a documentery about this on TV, called Jesus: The Missing Years. The Bible really only talks about his heritage, birth, the incident in the synaouge when he was, like, 11, and then doesn’t mention his life until he’s 30 and his mission/journey began. Not a lot to work off of, but you never know.

Francesco Petrarca (Petrarch). He actually had a very interesting and eventful life.

Sorry for my ignorance, but who?

^

petrarch.net/index.shtml

My friend and I were discussing this topic the other day, in a pub…after a few drinks. 8D

We came up with:
Thom Yorke
Peter Gabriel
Richard Hammond
Damon Albern
Jeremy Clarkson
Matt Baker

This is on the top of my must list when I get to LA - a biopic of legendary actor, and one-time director, Charles Laughton.

Since she just passed away yesterday, I can’t help but think that a biopic of Elizabeth Taylor would be fitting.

She had such a fascinating life, that would be a good biopic.

But who would be suitable to play such an icon? That would be a hard cast.

A biopic of Charlie Sheen would be good, too. 8D

I’ll second Charlie Sheen. :smiley:

Gah, I hope they don’t make a biopic on him. He’s getting way more attention than he deserves, I’m sick of seeing his face everywhere in the news when way more important things are going on. Besides, he doesn’t need another ego boost.

Sorry he annoys you so much. :neutral_face: :frowning:

In honor of Charlie Chaplin’s 122nd birthday yesterday, I’d love to see a biopic of him. It’d be great to see The Tramp’s life played out on the big screen.

^There already is, and it’s great.

imdb.com/title/tt0103939/

I know John Lasseter was mentioned, and I’ve been thinking about this, and the more I think about it, the better idea it seems… :smiley:

Pixar’s formation, but from John Lasseter’s POV, how David A Price describes it in his book. Like, how he grew up watching cartoons, drawing, being fascinated with cars, and how he nagged Disney to get him into CalArts, and how he got subsequently fired, all in the first 20-30 minutes of the film, and then the rest following Lasseter as Pixar rose to the top, ending in 2006 when Disney bought the company and he became head in chief or whatever he does (my ignorance is appalling 8D )

I mean, Pixar are such a big name now, and I think John’s story is such a compelling one. He worked so hard to get where he is now; he pushed for computer animation, he envisioned it’s potential, and he just had to get the world to believe it. Of course, they could throw in more personal aspects for good measure, such as his marriage and how he had to sacrifice a lot of time with his family due to the demands of the films he was making, especially pre-Toy Story 2. I just think it’d be really interesting, from both a business and story aspect.

In terms of characters, there has to be Lasseter himself, aswell as Ed Catmull, Steve Jobs, Alvy Ray Smith, Michael Eisner, and to a lesser extent perhaps, Jefferey Katzenberg, Randy Newman, Andrew Stanton, Peter Docter, Brad Bird, his family and the “Nine Old Men” he was taught by in CalArts. How awesome would a scene of them in CalArts be, in the swinging 60’s with hippy culture and all that? The visionary and cinematography would be amazing.

As for casting, a part of me thinks that Jay Baruchel will make a good Lasseter, although I think some big profile guy should be Steve Jobs. Can’t think who though 8D