Wall-E fanart

Here’s the update from today.

I have all the side panels cut and I need to fit each one so the corners meet.
After that it’s all detail work.

I hope to have him done for the premiere.

Scot

Well, it comes out in Jun, so you have about a little more than a month. Good luck. I know you can do it.

I took a break from the body and whipped this out real quick.

I’m not sure if the thickness is good enough or if it needs to be thicker.

Scot

I think it looks good, but maybe just a tad thinner?

Tad thinner?

I was going to make it thicker. :frowning:

I’m trying to guess how big it is by judging it to the Eye Brow,

I have to do some lawn work today and after I will get back to WALL-E.

Scot

Both eyes are done except for the camera lens,

This is probably just me, but the left one seems bigger than the right. Other than that, it looks really amazing!

It’s the perspective of the photo.

They were drawn in AutoCAD and then printed out as mirrored images.
I then cut each one out as an individual layer and glued them all together.

I then spent about an hour sanding each one to match the CAD line.

If I stacked them so they faced each other they are as close as you can get with a scratch build.

Scot

I’ve been looking at your photos just now and I really like the drawing you did of Eve! So simple, yet it captures her well. And I’m impressed at you undertaking building your own WALL-E. I must say it’s looking really good.

Wow!! Can you send pictures of the blue prints that would be really cool. Keep it going. :nerd:

Oh Ohio_Astromech, I think for the eye you should definately go thicker.

Sorry I haven’t posted here lately.

I moved to the WALL-E Builders thread in the WALL-E Forum.

Here is a video of my most recent progress update I posted to the WALL-E Builders Yahoo Group.

[url]Re: My WALL-E Build video update - YouTube

Although I posted in the WALL-E Builders thread my build is not associated with Jawa Lunks group.

I am the founder of the Original Wall-E Builders on Yahoo.

[url]http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/wallebuilders/[/url]

The WALL-E Builders Yahoo Group was founded on October 8th 2007 after a thread I started on the R2 Builders grew so large that people wanted WALL-E to have a builders group of his own.

Many of the founding members of the R2 Builders came over to the WALL-E Builders to help make drawings so people can scratch build their own WALL-E.

We posted a few files but then came across information that changed the files enough that we are reworking them.

If you would like a set of the files feel free to e-mail me at scot_washburn@yahoo.com and I can get you a .jpg of the CAD file.
You can then print them out on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper and have someone at Kinko’s scale the square to 3".
That would print the files out full scale.

Feel free to join the group as well.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Scot

PS. I put the eyes on the back burner and I do intend to make them thicker.

Nice artwork! I liked your little sketch of EVE. I may be bias though, seeing how ever since I first saw her character design I thought it looks REALLY cool. :smiley:

Here’s a new video update of my WALL-E Build.

youtube.com/watch?v=p5l2aWSdjeI

I should have him painted this week.

I also posted this in the WALL-E Builders thread.

Scot

I got his top details painted now.

Scot

Ooooh, dude, not bad, not bad at all. I like it. It really looks like his body. Keep it up!

Here he is guys.

I am so close to finishing him I can taste it…or is it the MDF dust?

[url]Re: Re: Re: Re: My WALL-E Build video update - YouTube

I hope you enjoy it.

I uploaded the drawings I made for this build to the Original WALL-E Builders Group on Yahoo.
Feel free to join the fun.

Scot

that’s AWESOME, dude!!!

Glad you like it.

We are getting ready to post the updated blueprints to the WALL-E Builders Yahoo Group.

If you would like to build your own feel free to join the fun.

Scot

Psst. I wasn’t sure if I should post this here, but since this is titled: “Wall•E Fanart” in general, I’m sure this should be fine. If not, tell me! :astonished:

But yeah, so I was fiddling with watercolor the other day, and I couldn’t help but try drawing Eve! Keep in mind, I haven’t REALLY learned how to use watercolor, and haven’t actually touched it since about 3 years before. :laughing:

This is the end result:

:smiley: