Violets Hair

Her powers could cause it. As Vi said, it might not disappear if it was dyed.

Paternal grandfather- black hair
Paternal grandmother- black hair
Both have a recessive blond gene

Maternal grandfather-brown hair, recessive black gene
Maternal grandmother-ditto

Voila, Vi has black hair. :mrgreen:

That kind of makes sense. I’ll ask my Bio professor anyways when school starts up again on Monday.

Well, that’s a textbook explanation from a 99.5% grade last year, I didn’t make it up.

Oh, I don’t doubt you. I just want to hear it for myself from a more qualified authoritive source.

Okay then.

I thought her nose was more questionable than her hair, personally. But then, Jack-Jack has the same nose… :confused:

Now, the nose looks like a blown up version of Helens, but that’s going off-topic a bit now.

She might have dyed it,It’s rare that you find White people with pure jet black hair unless they have something else in there blood line or there like some type of Italian or something.

and based on her attitude/personality and the way she’s portrayed,she seemed to be Emo,really self drawn.with all the black clothes and what not.

plus her hair isn’t even a natural shade of black i don’t think…it has a purplish/blue tint to it like my hair.and i dye my hair blue-black,but it naturally jet black.

Well, my hair is as dark as midnight’s sky and my parents have only brown hair.

In Family Guy Chris hair is blonde, his moms is red and his dads is brown.

In real life, that is very possible. But using animated characters to prove your point is a bad idea, because the artist colors cartoons hair, not genetics.

Which brings us back to the original question of Violet’s hair, she’s a cartoon. The reason her hair is like that because it was the choice of people working on the movies, not genetics.

EJE, I love you. It’s a cartoon, and we’re all looking way too much into this. Besides, no matter what, I will never accept that she died it. If Brad Bird himself said that, I still wouldn’t believe it as fact.

f im not saying that it couldn’t happen,but its rare.i dont know where you are from,but here in the U.S where i live the most common hair colors i observe on whites are brown or blonde and even a lot of them have dyed there hair blonde or are bottle blonde. the most common hair color among white americans of european decent is brown,i find more red heads then i do dark heads.most caucasion people that ive encountered that do have black hair dye it. and plus she’s animated so…yeah

Im not saying her hair is dyed and neither is mine.

Her name could do with her hair color.
Helen probaly saw the dark hair when Vi was born and thus came up with the name. I do belive that it’s her real hair color and just passed down genes.

Thanks!

Actually I kind of wish it was dye, so I could go out to the store and buy the dye because her hair color is just so cool!

Nah, I wouldn’t die my hair, I like my hair color. But still, natural or unnatural, her hair color is sweet .

While on the topic of dying hair… I always wanted to dye mine either Blue or blond with some red highlights. Anyways I dunno about Violet. It is a very nice color.

Ah :open_mouth: ! Someone’s reading my mind!!! Actually, I think they might have some Italian in them (looking at Bob, I think he could be like Italian/Swiss). But, yeah, that could be a reason. But it is possible she dyed it.

Go for it!

My hair is blue/black,that’s the closet thing you can get without it looking abnormal. When sunlight hits my hair it looks like a dark dark deep blue,the tint is awesome,but when your in regular lightning you can’t tell that much.

Yeah I’ve only met 2 girls with black hair,they were both white.one had Native-American blood somewhere down the line,and the other girl was an Italian from Rhode Island…and boy did she have a wired accent =/

It could be natural…who knows,i was just giving my little thesis…lol
but yeah it’s definitely possible…just rare.

Hopefully I can! I spike my hair also :smiling_imp: This friend of min she dyed her hair blond with some purple and kept some of here natural hair which is brown. looks pretty nice.