Violets Hair

Really? Wow I didn’t think that was possible. The idea of twins merging into one person, even at an early stage, kinda creeps me out but it’s also very interesting. So maybe that is possible. Thanks, Violet Parr!

Well, not necessarily. Like i said, My mom has black hair, but both her parents are brunets. Hair color often seems to ‘skip’ a generation, so it is possible.

I think the real answer, as has been said before, is that she was given black hair simply for character design.

And you’re welcome, BDD :wink: !

I think the forcefield and invisibility are just signs of the same power, mental adapted powers, who knows perhaps she will grow into telephaty and mindreading and such later anyway.
I think one of the grandparents were blackhaired too and as happens a lot it just skipped a generation.
Anyway ait not the black hair thats so surprising its the blue/greenish shine it gives in the sun and such that makes it so pretty. :smiley:

I like to think of it as her natural hair colour. Supers can be special and unexpected that way :slight_smile:

Vekoma & Ellena- I agree with you guys. I just like thinking of it as her natural hair. It’s entirely possible that one of her grandparents had black hair and passed it on to her.

And, the blueish shine on her hair is a little odd, but it is gorgeous :smiley: ! Again, probably just a rare gene. But, That’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Well I’ve read Superman comics before and noticed that he had a blue tint to his hair… Ah, I get it! Superman is her grandfather!

Ok, on a more serious note, I think one of the Parr’s relations had black hair. Maybe an uncle, aunt, or grandparent.

P.S. The comment about Superman was just a joke. No offense. :wink:

But brunette hair is a Dominant trait to black. I honestly don’t think there was any scandal(because I don’t want to), and I don’t think she was adopted. I believe she is of Bob and Helen, with no weird stuff. She has black hair for personality’s sake(and because it’s beautiful and rare in people of Caucasian origin) and see no reason to dig into it. But yes, I did notice that and think it was weird.

I think the logical explaination is that she dyed her hair. But she looks so beautiful.

Maybe, but would it turn invisible with her :wink: ?

Good point Violet Parr. Good point.

Thanks. But, I’ll admit, I say that mostly because I just like to think of it as her real hair. She probably could turn it invisible, at least with a little practice :wink: . Truthfully, I don’t think Pixar had anything behind it, other than her personality; but it is fun to make up your own reasons :slight_smile: .

Don’t get me wrong. I love Violet with black hair. I can’t imagine what she would look like with another hair color.

I think she died it black to be different from her family, or so she can fade in to the background with her dark clothes. She is, well was, really insecure and I think that’s kind of why she died it. It makes since because her family has light hair and her hair is SUPER shiny, maybe because she died it. She seems like the type to die their hair black.

I agree. Violet’s insecurity and her obvious rebellion to her parents probably spurred her on to dye her hair. Have you ever noticed kids who have done the same thing? Sometimes they dye it purple or green. Usually they’re dealing with the same things that Violet was.

As an aside, I actually changed her hair color using a program on my computer! I made it the same color as Helen’s, and it was quite pretty, actually!

Why can’t it just be natural? Maybe Konrad’s right. Superman could be Bob’s dad. Maybe Bob was the kid on Superman returns, and his hair changed?? It really bothers me to think that she dyed her hair. I don’t know why, but that makes me really uncomfortable.

Uh, the Parrs’ daughter doesn’t have to be blonde/brown does it? Becasue I heard that two blonde parents can have a red haired kid.

That’s true, because during Meiosis, the genes “cross over.”

TSS- I know what you mean. It’s just… “her”! Besides, it suits her personality. I think that’s the main reason she has black hair, because of her personality. It’s probably somthing the animators were trying to get across.

EVE Blakeney- Wow, I’d actually really like to see that :slight_smile: ! That sounds kinda nice. I wonder if she really looks like her mom :wink: .

IncredigirlVirginia-

That’s kinda the way I feel. I don’t know why. Maybe it has somthing to do with it being someone you look up to and wanting to think of them as “for real” and “up-front.” I guess that’s why I don’t think anyone will convince me she colors her hair unless Brad Bird says so or she herself admits it. Though, if she did, I wouldn’t like her any less :slight_smile: !

I just love her hair and think we should leave it alone. That said, I love your nev avatar, Vi!!!

It seems to me that her hair color is probably a symptom of her powers. After all, she must have a pretty unique physical composition to turn invisible. Her body bends light and radiation in all sorts of weird ways. It’s not noticeable except when her skin is recycled as hair follicles, giving it its distinctive sheen.