Vintage Woody's Roundup dolls

Did you see any of the other Roundup Gang characters? That may be the explanation to why Prospector was the only one that saw an accurate box release. All the other figures (including another of the Prospector) had square window boxes.

Me? Nope, just the prospector.

Actually they were all released in each box style. A guy on youtube who has his HUGE TS collection up has the woody and jessie in the movie accurate style. Oddly he doesnt seem to have this prospeector

I downloaded the vid LOOOL
a long time ago and I still fail to understand why
and he does have the prospector :smiley:

Outside of Kyle, has anyone ever seen these in person or online(outside of the super expensize ebay auctions)?

I really dont doubt Kyle seeing those.

Disney stores used to also carry the Jun Planning imported Nightmare Before Christmas dolls, so I know for a fact they import (as mentioned above, like sideshow does for hot toys) from Japan on certain things. The Jun Planning dolls were also high end dolls, for example the mayor I bought about 10 years ago was $60, but was 1:1 scale, and looked awesome.

I’m keeping my eyes out here in the US, checking goodwills, etc, online, craiglist, because I know someone had to buy a prospector at a point in time from there, on clearance that thinks "hell I’ll sell that old man doll that I got for $20) (crossing my fingers, hahaha)

You never know, that’s how Al found his. :slight_smile:

And the point I was trying to get at before was maybe the Prospector was a specialty item of some sort. I mean, the different box design was not carried over to any other characters, so maybe Prospector was a Disney Store item.

Dinoco, the box design was carried over to the other roundup characters. Ive seen them in some guys video on youtube. I can find the video if ya want

Yes please.

But are you sure it’s the same box design? There were two other boxes, one was similar to that, except it had a square window instead, and the other was in black and white.

its the exact same box as this one., He has woody and jessie in every box.

should be in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=iNqdtVsn7d0

Wow, you’re right! They definately look the most authentic. I would love to display the Collection Woody in that box, but I have NEVER seen this variant up for auction.

Im seriously considering saving up for the prospector but i have no idea about the quality of the toy.

Try asking the guy with all the auctions, or the person with the huge collection videos.

He’s probably not the best person to ask, since, you know, he’s selling it. He going to want you to think its worth the money. He’s not going to tell you if it’s build quality is shoddy.

True, but your options are limited in this case. It’s better to get at least one person’s opinion, even if it is a little biased. But yeah, try the collector first, he seems friendly and says he accepts questions (even though he never answered mine).

Jeff Pidgeon of Pixar has a set of these dolls

flickr.com/photos/67896537@N … 4025595900

Hmm, haven’t seen that color variation. I don’t think I’d want those though. its neat, don’t get me wrong, but for the money they cost, I’d want them in the normal colors.

Yeah Id like the normal colors too, although id settle just to have the stinky pete. Jeff said he bought his for 80 bucks. What the heck raised the price to 400???

has anyone had any success in finding these toys? I seem to recall some people looking for them but i wasnt sure if anyone found any online or not.

cgi.ebay.com/WOODYS-ROUNDUP-STIN … 5778801227

thats just ridiculous

figures.com/forums/news/1237 … ector.html