Up Soundtrack

Great find indeed Elikrotupos! It seems that after the ‘100 Mile Dash’ and the ‘100 Rat Dash’ we now get the [spoil]‘Three Dog Dash’[/spoil]! :smiley:

I’m hoping Amazon will put up the link to order the physical product soon.

I’ve listened the samples. The track number 23 is the song. I can’t say if it’s original and who is singing it, anyway it is [spoil]old-timey, like rachel said[/spoil] :slight_smile: maybe miafka can tell us
The last three tracks are FX (and they are credited to Skywalker Ranch, not to Giacchino)!

“Memories Can Weigh You Down” is awesome!!!

Thank you so very much for finding this!!! I have been anxiously waiting for it. I thought it was not going to come out until after the movie was released.

I too will be waiting for the release of the physical CD!

A couple things I noticed.

-It’s interesting to note the lack of music in between the [spoil]montage[/spoil] and when Carl takes off. But from what I’ve seen in the featurettes there is some music there, but maybe it’s not on the CD for whatever reason…

-“Three Dog Dash”. Sound familiar? Look at the track names of Giacchino’s previous Pixar works.

-I think it’s interesting that the opening song for the film is also the tune of the last song.

-“52 Chachki Pickup”…I don’t get this. Is this another song name joke or something? It makes no sense, especially when compared to the actual song.

That’s all I’ve got.

Ahhh soundtrack previews are just what I was looking for! I’m listening to it right now. Absolutely magical so far.

Elikrotupos - thank you, thank you! The praise Up is getting is driving me nuts :stuck_out_tongue: For some reason, [spoil]I’m affiliating the tracks to those classic adventure flicks, such as Indiana Jones, which very much suits the type of this film[/spoil].

Yay for being on Amazon (to preview), and nay for being on Amazon (to be unreachable for international customers, at least with Amazon MP3).

The reason for that is that there is only one musical sequence between those two events, and its a rearrangement of a classical track, not an original Giacchino composition.

Michael Giacchino unofficial site also has some information on the Up score and his other film scores:

michaelgiacchinomusic.com/discography_up.htm

EDIT: it’s not an official site. oops.

The website indicates digital availability only. Do you think there’s a chance it will not be available on CD?

There are rumours going around that this soundtrack will be digital only. :frowning: This would make it the first Pixar soundtrack in history not to be released as a physical copy.

Now that makes absolutely no sense. What would be the logic in that?
I think this has the possibility of being the best technical film Pixar has made and Thinkway is not releasing any action figures and now the soundtrack may not be available on disc.

I truly hope not, but they could be hurting themselves from a marketing standpoint.

I haven’t heard anything either way, but then we’re usually the last to know such things anyway. Hm… I’d think something this popular (a Disney soundtrack) would have to come out on a disc for the Disney Stores to stock and Target and such to sell. It sure is late, but I’m still guessing (though it’s just a guess) that it’ll come out eventually.

Oh no! I really hope that’s not true. I lost my iPod a few months ago and it’s been hard without my music. I’ve recently been buying soundtracks that I do not own yet at a Half Price book store near my house, and have almost compleated my collection. And unfortuently we have a Windows 2000, so it can’t burn music onto cd’s or anything D: It’s killer

grumblesitsprobablybecauseofthiswhole’gogreen’stuffthat’sdrivingAmericacrazy, sotheydon’twantto’wasteplastic’/grumbles

You’d still be able to buy the songs from iTunes, so if it was going to be a digital-only release, you can buy it from there on put it on your MP3 player. The one thing we do know for sure is that as an iTunes-only thingy, the last 3 tracks are special effects, supposedly. Coolio. Even though I don’t take care of my CDs as much as I should, it’s still nice to hold a physical copy, where you get to see the notes, studio musicians’ names, pretty pictures etc. If it does only get released online, what incentive is there to buy it from iTunes, instead of downloading it for free illegally?

It also doesn’t make sense given the fact that the Pixar Greatest Hits CD is available as a digital download AND on compact disc. Why would the formats be different given they are released on the same day.

Still, it is very concerning that there is no word of the Up soundtrack on compact disc anywhere on the 'net that I can find.

Unfortunately, I too think there won’t be a CD of the soundtrack, at least for the time being. In the past years I was able to find a leaked copy of the soundtrack from every Pixar film a week or so before it would hit the shelves. As of this moment there is nothing to be found… Walt Disney Records seems to have other priorities like churning out 10 different versions of the High School Musical soundtracks, another Radio Disney compilation disc and one more Disneymania CD. I guess that’s where the money is, but come on! I want a physical copy so I can rip it to my harddisk in lossless quality! And if they’re only releasing it as digital download then why not the release the entire soundtrack of the film? Are they forcing me to wait for the Academy Awards “For Your Consideration” CD next year (for which Disney won’t be earning a single dime)?!

Unfortunately it does look like it’s being a download only release. There’s no info about a CD release on Disney Records’ website either.

I know it may not be of much help, but here’s a petition asking Disney to release it on CD, so please sign if you want to - petitiononline.com/CDFORUP/petition.html

Perhaps it might work after all if they Disney music officials see people are interested in buying the CD version! :wink:

Very, very, very disappointed in Pixar and Disney if it’s true. I don’t remember a single time this has happened before, so I refuse to believe it. Stupid, stupid decision.

Well, if it is true that no physical CD soundtrack of Up is going to be released (and it seems more and more likely by the day that it is), then it’s going to create such an Up-roar, I tell you. :imp:

(Ok, ok. I’ll stop with the Up puns soon, I promise… next year. :stuck_out_tongue:)