Toy Story Parallels/Mirrored Scenes

clever catch there, amaslyo. I haven’t even thought of trying to find parallels to the third film yet!

I don’t know whether this one was intended, but…

Woody has to quietly sneak past Scud, to escape
Woody has to quietly sneak to Al, and on Al, to get his arm and then escape (i think)

After watching that rough play clip…

In TS1, the toys are looking out the window observing and describing Andy’s presents.
In TS3, Hamm looks out the window at the kids, observing and describing them.
Just the camera angles and teh way it’s shot make it incredibley similar.

Nice one!

I thought the same thing.

One that I have mentioned way back with one of the older released clips was Andy leaving the bag with his toys in the hallway and his mom tripping over it, which I thought of as being similar to her stepping on one of the Army Men at his birthday party and thinking he was leaving them lying around.

I’m just speculating here, but according to the junior novelization, [spoil]when the Chatter Phone bumps against Woody’s foot trying to get his attention, Woody says “Hey, little fella.”[/spoil] Woddy says “Hey, hi there little fella” when he sees Babyface under the bed in Sid’s room in the first movie. It could be an honest coincidence though.

a have one opinion too…after this day thinking and searching about the mirror scene…

in TS1 the first scene there is andy playing with his toy with the scene that bo peep is kidnaped by a bad guy (in here is mr.potato head)
and in TS2, in 5minutes before he get to the cowboy camp,he play again with all of his toy with the same story,Bo peep kidnaped ,but this time the bad guy is Hamm.

and it is same that woody resued her :slight_smile:

From what I’ve heard [spoil]Toy Story 3’s opening is kind of a combination of the two (except no Bo Peep).[/spoil]

the thread title reminded me of one:

In Toy story 1, when they’re trying to get into the moving van, slink it is holding on to buzz and woody and Rc and then it cuts to molly looking at the mirror and sees them and laughs.

In Toy Story 2, at Al’s Toy Barn Rex is chasing the car the gang of toys are in. Mr.p looks at the mirror and shows Rex chasing them.

Photo Refs (tooken off yt)

Toy Story 1:

Toy Story 2:

In Toy Story, when the toys first go inside Pizza Planet, a female voice on a loudspeaker says “The white zone is for immediate pizza eating only.”
In Toy Story 2, after arriving at the airport, we hear the same voice (I think it is) say “The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading only.”

Also, I’ve never seen Jurassic Park, but from what I’ve heard that Rex scene in TS2 is a reference to the movie.

Yeah, it was. They actually got the idea of having Rex in the original cause of Jurassic Park coming out and also having CGI dinosaurs.

In Toy Story, Woody calls Mr. Potato Head, Potato Head, then he responds “That’s Mr. Potato Head to you”. In Toy Story 3, [spoil]Woody calls Hamm Mr. Evil Dr. Pork Chop, then he responds That’s Mr. Evil Dr. Pork Chop to you".[/spoil]

Two of the clearest examples in Toy Story 3 would be…

The opening of the film where [spoil]in their imaginative playtime the toys quote and act out the same things as how Andy played with them in the first two films, including “attack dog with a built-in force field”, “dinosaur who eats force field dogs”, and “death by monkeys”.[/spoil]

Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head use the Alien’s line “You saved our lives and we’re eternally grateful!” [spoil]after they saved them from the incinerator[/spoil], which also shows that Mr. Potato Head has finally truly accepted them as being his adopted kids.

[spoil]At the end of Toy Story 3, when Andy is saying goodbye to Buster in the background, if you listen close you’ll hear that he says the same things and rubs his belly in the same way that Woody did before Cowboy Camp in Toy Story 2.[/spoil]

In each Toy Story movie, there is a reference to each movie from the Star Wars original trilogy.

Toy Story: Buzz says that Zurg is “secretely building a weapon with the destructive capacity to annihalate an entire planet” - A reference to the Death Star in Star Wars (1977).

Toy Story 2: Zurg tells Buzz that he is his father, and Buzz screams “NOOOO!” - A reference to Luke and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back (1980).

Toy Story 3: [spoil]Big Baby throws Lotso into the dumpster - A reference to how Darth Vader killed the Emperor in Return of the Jedi (1983).[/spoil]

[spoil]Mr. Potato Head uses the “that’s MR. Potato Head to you!” against Lotso. He also uses the “put me down, you moron!” line when he’s being picked up by Big Baby like the other Buzz did in TS2.

And I find it funny how Buzz becomes jealous of Woody for a little bit after Jessie shows affection towards him. Anyone see the irony here?

Another direct reference is that the toys don’t believe Woody about Andy keeping them, but they’re later appologetic when they realize he’s telling the truth.[/spoil]

LOL, I certainly did when I saw it. [spoil]I thought of it as the exact opposite of Woody’s jealously of Buzz.[/spoil]

Slinky in Toy Story 2: “I may not be a smart dog, but I know what road kill is.”

Slinky in Toy Story 3: “I may be old, but I still have a spring in my step.” (or something similar)

There was a bit of continuity for Toy Story 3 I was hoping would be present, but wasn’t: [spoil]I was slightly disappointed that the theme used when Buzz flies in the first movie and after they escape the plane in the second was not used when the aliens saved them from the incinerator. Admittedly, I’m not sure the theme would fit all that well given how tense the scene is, but it would have been neat to have that theme play at the end of the climax in all three movies. As it stands, I don’t think it’s in Toy Story 3’s score at all.[/spoil]

Well it wasn’t really their theme, though. [spoil]The only theme of the claw is from the original, but that’s more villianous because it’s controlled by Sid.[/spoil]
There was a great number of resused music, and it was all welcome and fitting. Woody’s ripped arm music and the music that plays when Woody tried to keep Scud out of Sid’s room plays when [spoil]Andy looks through his old toys[/spoil], and then appears to be throwing them out.
The [spoil]bathroom escape[/spoil] uses the music from when Woody knocks Buzz out the window. It has a nice, sly sound.
The best part is that the score of the climaxes from both movies are reused in the intro.

[spoil]And we also find out what’s under Buzz’s wrist communicator now.[/spoil]

EDIT- Just added a couple of extra spoilers just in case.

-lizardgirl