Thy Brave Reviews

Tangled had horrible marketing. Like you said, it looked more like a Dreamworks movie. While Tangled had more silly slapstick humor than I cared for, it still was a good film.
But back to Brave, all of the reviews I’ve read have been plain weird. Overall I’m guessing most critics are saying its ok, but since its not the usual Pixar quality, it gets a bad rating. Which isn’t fair to Pixar, but I guess we have been spoiled by them. So we have high, or maybe unrealistic expectations for them to meet.

Tangled’s marketing campaigns were terrible. I remember seeing the trailer before Toy Story 3 and thinking that Disney was going back to making derivative comedies. It did do pretty well domestically since they aggressively marketed that film.

RT 76%

It’s now 77%, which is thankfully higher than the first Cars movie. The score on Metacritic is slightly improving too. There may be hope for Brave after all.

Hopefully the onslaught of reviews coming in once it opens domestically will help boost its score even higher.
I think that at best it could be looking at a mid-to-high-80’s, while at worst… it could drop back down into the 60’s again. o_0

I think the current score looks about right for Brave. From what I hear, this should be Madagascar 3 and Cars on the Tomato Meter. It does hold an 85% with the top critics so far.

Well tomorrow Brave comes out, it should get a ton more reviews. I’m hoping for the high 80s. I don’t think its going to get in the 90s.

At this rate, it seems pretty unlikely. I’m hoping for the low to mid 80s.

Oh good god, now the score is all the way back down to 71%. That’s because of stupid critics bringing the score down with their rotten reviews. Idiots.

Wow the score is really bouncing up and down now. Let’s just hope it can at least make it to an 80% or higher.

Fingers crossed.

I’m hoping this can score higher then Madagascar 3 or Cars.

But hell, at this rate I’m just hoping it stays at fresh. It would be unfortunate for Pixar to have back to back stinkers on their hand. But then again your own opinion is what truly matters, I’m seeing it tomorrow.

I so hope this doesn’t get a rotten review. I’m disappointed it’s even in this range. I don’t think it could be at the level people are reviewing it. I just don’t. I’m not believing the critics on this one. And hopefully tomorrow there’s nothing but positive reviews pouring in. fingers crossed

I don’t think the Rotten Tomatoes score means anything. It isn’t the “be all end all” of movie success.

The scores there give me kinda an idea which films will be nominated for awards. But on a side note, Brave is now at 69%. And Madagascar when up to 76%.

Actually, what matters more would be the Average Rating. Cars 2 I believe had a 5.5 with a 38% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Its average rating is at a 6.7, and a 6.8 with the top critics. So that’s kinda good.

69% again? Uh oh. Well, like I said before, let’s just hope the reviews stay decent.

Pixar getting worse, Dreamworks getting better. Seems legit.

You think?