Thoughts so far on 2011 Animated Movies?

True, but those are my thoughts as of right now. Maybe DW’s can catch my interest with Madagascar 3 and Rise of The Guardians with the trailer. I suppose well get a teaser for Madagascar 3 along with Puss in Boots.

Sweet, is he a Western fan? My dad loves Westerns and Pirates of the Carribean, so it was perfect for him to watch!

Thoughts? I can do that.

Rango: I guess I’m the minority, but I don’t care. I hated this movie, if not only because I enjoyed the animation so much and I still disliked it. The characters annoyed me, some of the dialogue was horrible, and the movie would’ve been loads more interesting if it wasn’t a western (even if it worked for the film). It’s not like I don’t like westerns either, I love them, but this one was simply generic. I can see why so many people like it, so I’ll step back to avoid a flamewar.

Cars 2: Cars 2 was…Cars 2. I liked it much more than most people, and I still think it’s better than Cars and Toy Story 3. Nowhere near a failure…but it’s still Cars 2. I still give the film a 7/10, but just thinking about it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Kung Fu Panda 2: Best Dreamworks movie ever. I love so many things about it. The Animated Feature Oscar will probably go to an obscure foreign film (or Tin Tin if it’s as good as I hope), but I personally wish this would win. I’m positive Brave will drastically change my opinion, but for the moment,

Dreamorks>>>Pixar

Oh no, my dad hates Westerns. Except for Silverado and Quigley Down Under. I just think he will like it because of Johnny Depp, and I really want to watch the rest of the movie.

Chuckles: I think you and I are alone on the Cars 2 > TS3 thing. 8D But, I agree. I had a much more pleasant experience with Cars 2.

I just saw Rio. My little cousin came over and she brought Rio with her, so my whole family sat down and watched it. I missed the beginning because I was on the phone, but the rest of the movie was nice. The fat smuggler really got on my nerves though. I’m not really sure were to put it on my ranking.

Well, those are good reasons! It is a great movie. I hope he’ll like it, after all it is a tribute to Western movies in general.

Aw, I hope you get to see the beginning. I’ll admit it; Rio’s very beginning made me cry. A lot. Like a baby. My 5 year old sister laughed at me. Okay, you get the picture.

Anyway, I hope I get to buy Rio and possibly Rango.

Same here. I say between the two I’m probably going with Rango as the better film. I know there was controversy of characters smoking in Rango. I guess it was probably just a bad influence on children.

Well, that’s wrong, as Rango wasn’t a children’s film.

Yeah, despite being put out by Nickolodeon I don’t believe Rango to be a children’s film. They weren’t too worried about making crude references and using the occasional coarse language. Not that it bothered me.

I’m not bothered at all, unless there is unnecessary language, nudity and violence. Which I have never seen in an animated movie, not even the ones I would say are for adults.

^Same!

See, there were some pretty bleak situations in the movie, so the light cursing made sense.

Yeah, that was pretty stupid. People wanted it to be rated R because a character smoked a cigar. It’s like get over.

I didn’t mind the violence, s*x references, or swearing. It wasn’t a big deal to me.

Yeah, it was pretty stupid that people are thinking its a big deal. It’s the guardian that has to tell their kids that there not going to smoke. They did the same thing with the caterpillar on Alice in Wonderland.

Oh, I’ve just seen Rio. Not sure whether I liked it better than Rango or not, but it was pretty nice :smiley:

Yeah really. If the one character smoking them bothered them that much, then don’t take your kids to see it.

Yay! That makes me happy.

As for animated movies with suggestive content. I loved the South Park movie and they hold the record for the most curse words uttered and acts of violence in a movie ever :smiley: .

I’ve only seen Kung Fu Panda 2 and I enjoyed it.

Haha, The South Park movie was great. I love how they made it a musical! I mentioned on another thread, I like how the themes of it are about censorship in movies, very relevent to the topic we were just discussed!

You haven’t seen Cars 2? I’m suprised!

13 songs in the film it was surprising until they made book of mormon (I’ve heard all the song on youtube brillance). I watched it with friends and I think I wa sthe only one to get that point too!

I wanted to but it never worked out. I am not sure if it is still in theather right now. It’s movie I buying regardless becase well its Cars lol.

I think you should give Cars 2 a shot. I thought it was pretty good but it’s not the awful film that these critics think it is. It’s probably not in theaters anymore because movies usually play for about two months. My best bet is to wait until it comes out on DVD/Blu Ray in November.