Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

yeah, I was hoping just to put them on display anyway :smiley:. I’m going to Target tomorrow so I’ll look for them there. Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

I have the Buzz, Woody and Aliens pieces right now. I am planning on getting the deluxe RC and bucket of soldiers soon. My den is decorated in animation, Disney Pixar,so this is how they are out on display right now:

I popped the original Buzz in the new packaging and put it on display with my Mikey. I did the same for Woody but have stored that away for the moment. Yes, I do have Sulley but he is too large for the den. He is in the basement right now along with most of my Pixar film posters on display.

How are the aliens? I have been thinking about picking them up. If its not too much trouble it’d be cool to see some more pics of them

That is a great looking display, tripoli. I’d love to see some more of your Pixar collection.

I’ve seen the aliens at TRU. They’re probably as good as they’re gonna get, but the ones I saw didn’t have great paint jobs. I haven’t picked them up because I personally don’t think they warrant the price tag as much as Buzz and Woody.

They are OK. They are made of hard rubber. Look very accurate to the screen but do not squeak like the screen ones did. The plug on the bottom is molded, so for being the deluxe piece of this character, it is a little bit of a let down on them. Sizing is larger than I expected but accurate again in reference to the screen ones.

oh wow they look pretty good! I bought buzz today at target. Really cool figure! These toys can do so much more then mine could when i was little :smiley:

I don’t get why they wouldn’t go the squeeky toy route with those…wouldn’t it infinitely cheaper to do that?

it probably would have been cheaper. Just like woody and rex would have been cheaper with less electronics

The previous ones would make sounds when their tummy was squeezed.

The Claw is my master
I have been chosen
Oooohhh!

The old ones also would have their heads light up with the sounds. Guess these new ones don’t have all that

When did the talking aliens come out? I would have bought them had I known, that is what I had been hoping for with a deluxe version of these.

They were released during their original run in the 90s. Not sure if the talking ones have been re-released now.

Don’t get me wrong with my post, I think they look great, I just wished they had added some of the electronic/realistic features they did with the other deluxe figures.

Indeed… if these are costing $65 I would expect them to have atleast the voice effects

I didn’t originally plan to pick this up, but once I got Buzz I had to get Woody. I bought the standard talking Woody (which is great), but returned it and got the Collection version which has minor upgrades. Buzz definitely gives more bang for your buck, but I’m very happy with this Woody too.

has anybody else noticed the very loose threads that attach woodys vest to him? It seems very strange because they are so incredibly weak

actually i think the new ones only cost 30 bucks

I just saw Lasseter talking about these new ones on Disney Living.

youtube.com/DisneyLiving

Anyone know if these are battery hogs? What do they take and how long do they last?

As John mentions, I was about to order 2 of each. I suspect the quality is great coming from Thinkway, right?

I have had mine for a couple weeks and had no problems with the batteries. Just picking up RC today, that my get a bit more use than I expect, depends on how much the kids play with it when I am not around. They have all been extremely well made, no problems there.
As a 40 something big kid, I really enjoy having them in my den. Reminds me of the beginnings of Pixar as well all the computer work I have done over the years. Extremely great as my kids have grown up with them and I still see their enjoyment with Pixar continuing on.

I also noticed that both the regular and Collection versions of Woody have sculpted teeth. They’re very faint, but definitely there. Point this out to all of your friends if you want them to think you’ve gone insane.

[quote=“ToyStory3fan”]
I just saw Lasseter talking about these new ones on Disney Living.

youtube.com/DisneyLivingquote]

John has Mr potato head! Any news on the vegetable man?