The Incredibles BOOM Comic Book Series

Ah, AWESOME :smiley: ! Sounds cool, and kind funny :laughing:

Anyway… I got my Incredibles #1 comics a couple days ago, and I’m finally getting to the review (finally!). Sorry it took me so long. This time, I wasn’t procrastinating. I’ve just been really busy.

So far, I’m liking this run of stories better than the first one. The first was good, but I think the more resent issues are told a lot better and more in-character. And the art continues to improve with every issue. The style being used now is a bit more realistic, which I like. The last style was a little too “cartooney” for me (if that makes any scene).

[spoiler]I can get a feel for how hectic everything was from the first page with Helen holding a sick Jack-Jack and worrying about him, and Bob trying to convince her every thing’s all right and it’s no big deal. Meanwhile Dash is trying to get their attention but keeps being ignored (I kinda felt sorry for the poor kid, as I’ve been there many times myself). And Violet’s just trying to keep up, and watch everything that’s going on, until the next page when she kinda goes off into her own little world. You could tell Helen was concerned for Jack-Jack. One thing I don’t understand is, when she said that their family never gets sick, I don’t know, it just seemed like a super hero stereotype to me. The “invincible super” stereotype that Brad tried so hard to avoid. It just didn’t seem to fit.

And, I have to agree with TSS, Violet’s cloths just seemed to be ripping apart to reveal her super suit, with little pieces flying everywhere. I asked my uncle while he was here, and his best guess that the vibration was tearing it apart. I liked how they went from the super heroic family rushing into action, to sticking Violet with Jack-Jack… again. I loved the panel with her holding her little brother, with the “fade-to-gray” background, her with that left-out look on her face. You could tell she was thinking, “Why do you keep doing this to me?”

Then, while the rest of the family was fighting, and the mall started to fall from the sky, Violet gets caught in falling debris and looses Jack-Jack. I’ve gotta say, even though he was a bad guy, I found the guard that found Jack-Jack rather comical and fun to watch, especially after Jack-jack sneezed and gave him powers. He was actually pretty funny. I was scared for Violet when she was stuck under the debris, but I was glad to see her dad come in and throw the rubble out of the way to find her. I was glad to see his concern as well as Helen’s. I felt sorry for Violet, not just because she lost her brother, but also because, when they found her, no one even stopped to say, “Hey, Vi, you all right?” But I was glad to she Dash at least trying to make her feel better. And he was right, it wasn’t her fault.

The Incredibles then went to Doc. Sunbright’s office to meet with him and Rick Dicker to get them to find out where Jack-Jack was and what was going on with him. I was glad to see Rick back again. He was drawn rather well. But he seemed a lot colder here than he was in the movie. But I did like that seen. The lighting was done very well, and the whole set was serious and cold. I really got the feel for that seen. Apparently, the alien virus Jack-Jack was exposed to in the issue before had laid dormant in him for over a year, and, once it showed up, it gave him the ability to spread his powers to non-supers.

Then we go to Henchmen Association of Treachery and Evil (a.k.a HATE) with Larry, the guard the found Jack-Jack. The pep-talk he gave the other henchmen was pretty good. Another comical scene. What surprised me was, after The Incredibles came to save Jack-Jack, Rick came with his government agents, but they weren’t there to help, they were there for Jack-Jack. We were left at the point when Jack-Jack sneezes and gives all the henchmen powers. I can’t wait to see how the combat between the henchmen, and The Incredibles and government agents goes down.[/spoiler]

Over all, I give this comic a great 9/10 :slight_smile: . It was awesome! And since we were left with a cliffhanger, I really can’t wait till the next issue comes out!

I really enjoyed reading your review Violet Parr.

Thanks, TSS :slight_smile: . Do you have any idea when the next issue is coming out?

Quite possibly next week Violet Parr.

Ah, AWESOME :smiley: ! Yet another trip to the comic store for us :wink:

Join the club. There should be a preview of the first 4-6 pages or so sometime at the end of this week.

Really? I checked for previews on the other comics, but they don’t show up, only for the first one.

I just did a google search in qoutation marks and looked up articles posted the past week.

I’ll have to try that. What exactly did you Google?

“Incredibles # (insert issue number)” “boom” Then click on the option “past week”

Oh, okay. Thanks :slight_smile: . I’ll try that…

Websites that should have previews include Comic Book Resources, and Major Spoilers.

Thanks, TSS. But it’s only giving me one resource, and it’s the BOOM! website itself. I’ll have to try again later. Thanks, though!

I’m so excited, the comic book comes out tommorow.

So i got the comic last week. This one is the most intense issue out of every TI Comic book that was released by boom. I really enjoyed it. [spoil]my only complaint is that it copied the movie a bit.[/spoil]

[spoil]I was surprised when Rick decided to endanger the lives of the Incredibles to capture Jack-Jack. But all of my confusion was eased when I found out that it wasn’t the real Rick, and that the Confederacy of Crime returned. (Shifty took the form of Rick. I didn’t notice his mole because it got removed [find a scar on his nose])

This issue was a big highight for Violet. She was the real hero in this issue. While her family was captured, she freed Sunbright and the real Rick Dicker. And when her family was on the verge of death, her force field saved the day. Without Violet, her family would be dead, and Jack-Jack would be in real danger.

I said that this issue copies the movie a bit. Well, remember in the movie when the Incredibles were in the holding cell with their arms and legs suspended by electrical volts? I saw the same thing in the comic.[/spoil]

Other than that, it was a very enjoyable issue. Go and get it if you don’t have it.

It’s great to hear your review :slight_smile: ! Sounds like a great issue. I can’t wait to read it!

You’ll love it Violet Parr.

Is the comic book series available in retail stores? Where can I pick one up?

Well, it is located in local comic book stores. Unless you live outside of the US. Then you might need to search online for it.

Phileas- You should be able to find them on eBay. I think I saw a few of them whilst searching for the Monsters, Inc. comics by the same company. They weren’t too expensive, either! Obviously more than residents of the US will pay, but still, they’re cool comics.