Star Vacation (the entirely human WALL-E parody!!!)

Thank you sooo much!!! :smiley:

AUTOA113: Wow, I’m surprised you didn’t like that scene in the movie. However, I’m glad you loved my way of describing it. It’s great to know I could make even those parts interesting to read about. :wink:

TDIT: Aww, thank you so much! and I’m happy you liked that line. It sure was history in the making. :wink: . And I’m glad you got to see Episodes 2 and 3!

And yes, [spoil]Auto will be appearing in the next chapter[/spoil]. I will be working on it this week.

Again, thank you for the comments, guys. You don’t know how much I appreciate it. <3

I think i’m starting to get the hang of it…its well done and really communicates to the reader well…can’t wait to read on about this story.

Hey guys, I’m finally back with the long-awaited Chapter Nine! Yay! :smiley:

BTW, there is a very important passage in here. Remember this passage, [spoil]for it will be needed to understand Chapter Thirteen.[/spoil]

If you figure it out, please PM me.

And so, here’s the next installment of Star Vacation!!! audience applaudes

Chapter Nine: Captain’s Log

Grand Moff Gopher moved to the front seat of the transport and maneuvered it across a large hall, which had a floor with an enormous ShoppyMart logo. Wallace followed right behind, while holding onto the transport, without being noticed by the officer.

A man named Typo Organizer sat at a white desk. He was typing on a keyboard, one key at a time, silently, and unmoving. Grand Moff Gopher approached the secretary.

“Mr. Organizer,” began Gopher, “May I gain admittance into the command bridge? I have a most urgent matter to discuss with the copilot.”

Typo tilted his head upwards, raised his eyebrows, and looked directly into Grand Moff Gopher’s eyes. He stared at him for a few seconds, and then opened his mouth to speak.

“You may proceed,” the secretary replied.

“Thank you,” answered Gopher. The officer then piloted the transport straight into the elevator, with Wallace holding on.

“Bye-bye, typing guy!” Wallace waved good-bye to Typo Organizer.

However, Typo didn’t understand what Wallace was trying to tell him, so he just waved back, confused. He then gazed at his own hand for a moment, unable to continue his typing duties.

“Hmm,” Typo began to converse with himself, “What a peculiar gesture. I wonder what it means.”

Wallace, now in the elevator, began to grow nervous about what was going to happen to Evelyn. His uneasiness increased even more as he looked at the view from the elevator window; the lido deck growing smaller and smaller the higher he went.

Well, Wallace pondered, we’re going to the command bridge. I hope the crew here is able to snap you out of this. Besides, just the idea of a command bridge on this ship ensures top security and maintenance.

The elevator doors flew open with a whoosh!. And right there, before Wallace’s eyes, lay the Postulate’s Command Bridge. It was a humongous, round room, with brightly-colored neon control panels, circling the room. The front half of the wall was a large, panoramic window that offered a breathtaking view of the galaxy unlike any other. A mechanical breathing sound pervaded the whole of the enclosure.

At the center of the room stood a man; tall, stern, and bearing a mysterious countenance. He had black hair with a dark streak running down one side; pallid, lifeless flesh; and red eyes. However, his dark locks cascaded down one side of his face, so only one of his eyes could be seen. He was dressed like a pirate, all in white and black, with a glowing red belt buckle. He stood there, in the middle of the room, at the helm of a large, white MacInTalk 9000 steering wheel, slowly turning it as he stared out the window, gazing at the universe as he maneuvered the great vessel through the vast, star-studded oceans of the endless cosmos. This man was Auto Pirate; he was the co-pilot of the Postulate, and his directive was to navigate the colossal cruise-liner.

“Wow,” sighed Wallace silently, “and I thought this place would resemble the Enterprise’s command bridge.”

Grand Moff Gopher stepped off the transport, and slowly but surely, approached the tall co-pilot. He stood there, and then pressed a button on his siren-hat to announce his arrival. Auto immediately turned around.

“Greetings, Auto Pirate, Co-pilot of the Postulate,” began Gopher, “I have come to you with an urgent matter. Please find some time to address this matter; it is of the utmost importance.”

At that moment, the co-pilot left his wheel and walked over to Grand Moff Gopher to see what the emergency was.

“It’s Probe One, sir,” Gopher explained nervously, “It seems that she may have made some progress. Please check to see that this is not an error.”

Auto Pirate moved forward, and took out a scan beam device from his belt. He then shined a red beam over the seemingly lifeless scout. After he finished the scan, he then stood on that spot silently for a few moments. His mind was turning, a sound like four drum beats started playing in his ears, and a number began to form in the back of his subconscious; a number that meant more to him than did the Postulate: A113.

“Co-pilot, sir,” interrupted Grand Moff Gopher, “Is something bothering you?”

Auto Pirate snapped out of his imagination, and back to the real world. He then bent down slightly and began to whisper something into his officer’s ear.

“It will be done, my lord,” answered Grand Moff Gopher.

Auto Pirate then stepped down to a bedroom, where he called for the Captain to report to the bridge immediately.

“Captain,” began Auto Pirate. “I suggest you get off your lazy behind and up to the command bridge right now.”

Wallace looked around as the room lit up. Holo-portraits of the previous Captains glowed against a wall. The current one, Captain Boris McCrea (nicknamed “Captain Overload”), was snoring in his hover chair, when he rolled over and slapped Wallace’s hair, and accidentally activated his Walkman™ to play “Hasta La Vista”.

“All hands on deck!” panicked McCrea.

The loud music had disturbed the Captain’s tranquil rest. A group of crewmembers, consisting of a beautician, a masseur, and a wardrobe handler, all immediately rushed to trim McCrea’s hair, massage his face, and put on his cap and coat. Half awake, the overweight man rode his chair into the elevator, which brought him to the bridge.

Inside the bridge, Captain McCrea clapped to turn on the lights. Auto Pirate wanted to talk to him.

“Captain,” Auto Pirate wanted to discuss the annual recon.

“Coffee,” mumbled Captain McCrea.

A coffee-serving crewmember stood right there at a control panel. Captain McCrea adjusted his chair to get his coffee. The song “Grapefruit Diet” (another Weird Al song) played in the background. He then moved his chair to check the systems of the Postulate.

“Passenger count?” asked Captain McCrea.

“Unchanged,” replied the computer.

“Food buffet?”

“Unchanged.”

“Underwear supply?”

“Unchanged.”

“Pool temperature?”

“Unchanged.”

“Navigational charts?”

“Unchanged.”

“Ok,” said Captain, “Let’s take a look at the annual.”

“You forgot to check one thing,” the computer advised McCrea.

“Oh, what would that be?” McCrea mumbled.

“The air shield surrounding the cruiser,” answered the computer.

“Air shield? What’s that for?” McCrea asked, somewhat uninterested.

“The Postulate Air Shield is a large bubble of air surrounding the Postulate, should any passengers desire to take a spacewalk outside the ship, they would be able to do it, without the hassle of having to put on a space suit. The atmosphere in this shield is 100% breathable,” explained the computer.

“Oh, that’s nice,” sighed McCrea, “So, exterior air shield?”

“Unchanged,” answered the computer.

“Sir, about the annual,” Auto Pirate grew anxious.

“12:30!” McCrea was in shock, “Auto, you let me sleep in again?! I forgot to do the morning announcements! Honestly, it’s the one thing I get to do on this Death Star-sized cruise!”

Captain McCrea hovered back to turn the ship’s clock back to morning and do the announcements. In the main concourse, no one seemed to care that their slushies were switched from lunch to breakfast, and the sun wasn’t as bright. McCrea’s face appeared on a portion of the fake sky.

“Well, good morning everybody,” began McCrea, “And welcome to Stardate 28.05.19 onboard the Enterprise—I mean, Postulate. As always, weather’s a balmy 72 degrees and sunny, and ― Oh, hey, I see the ship’s log is showing that today is our 700th anniversary of our five year cruise. Well, I’m sure our forefathers would be proud to know that 700 years later we’d be…doing the exact same thing…they were doing… SO! Be sure next mealtime to ask for your free…sep-tu-a-cen-tennial cupcake – in a cup. Also today we have, uh…uh…Hey, Auto, what’s that flashing button?―”

An alert was going off in the Captain’s bridge. McCrea himself seemed confused about what was going on.

“Auto,” Captain McCrea grew nervous, “What’s going on here?”

“Captain,” Auto Pirate began calmly, “Probe One has returned positive.”

McCrea’s face turned to confusion, “Positive? But… no probe has ever come back positive, before…”

Auto Pirate took a look at Evelyn, then pulled a flare horn from his belt. He blew the noisy instrument at the dormant scout. As Evelyn’s dress started to glow, she immediately awoke, and saluted McCrea. Wallace watched her while he was hiding under another control panel.

“Oh boy!” Wallace exclaimed in a whisper, “She’s back!”

McCrea pressed a button to open a control pad with two bigger buttons: a flashing green one and a blue one with a drawing of a large machine on it. There was a warning over the pad that read “DO NOT PRESS THESE BUTTONS UNLESS THE DAY COMES”.

“Well, I guess the day has come,” McCrea told himself.

Oh boy. :unamused: What a suspensful cliffhanger I left you there with… :open_mouth:

Wow, another great chapter as usual, JSWeC! I like how you made AUTO a pirate (cos who doesn’t love 'em?), and your description of him. Captain “Boris McCrea” 's nickname and the third criteria on the flight checklist made me laugh. And the flare horn was an amusing way to wake Eve up. 8D

Only criticism is I wished you didn’t highlight the particular paragraph in bold, as it sort of gave away the foreshadowing. It’s much more fun and less revealing to let the reader find out for himself, and then realise that the clue was there before in a previous chapter. But anyway, I have an inkling of its significance. :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for the next chapter!

Thnaks for commenting!

BTW, I did give it some thought, worrying if [spoil]this line would be too much of a spoiler[/spoil]. The only reason why I highlighted that part [spoil]is because since I’m approaching this part pretty soon, I didn’t want my readers to be “Wait, how’s that part going to happen since they’re now human?”[/spoil] Then again, you do have a point. I’m thinking of editing out the bold tag.

In other news, Chapter Ten is in the works! :smiley:

Oh my…the day has come…XD

That seriously left me rolling in the aisles. I also liked the MacInTalk reference, too.

This was a good chapter. I especially like the revisions you made to create the parodic nature of this story. :smiley: p

Sorry I haven’t replied in soooo long!

I’m so excited you like the chapter. And if you noticed in the MacInTalk Refrence, there was also a reference to 2001: A Space Oddyssey. :wink: Chapter Ten is in the works, so stay tuned! :smiley:

Also, I’m glad you’re enjoying this whole parody. It’s what I do! :wink:

And here comes Chapter Ten!!!

Chapter Ten: Gone!

After several moments of intense contemplation, Captain McCrea pressed the flashing green button on the button pad. In an instant, a loud alarm blared throughout the room, and metal shields came down over all the windows. Then, a holographic video screen turned on, displaying the ShoppyMart logo and the company’s imperial fanfare played in the background. The image then switched to that of an elderly, but well-groomed man standing at a podium, with ShoppyMart emblems decorating the stage. This man was Palpatine Forthright; he was the Emperor of ShoppyMart. McCrea, Evelyn, Auto, and Grand Moff Gopher all turned their attention to the screen.

“Greetings, Captain!” announced the Emperor, on-screen, “If you’re watching this, that means that your Expert Vegetable Extractor, or simply put, ‘plant scout’, has returned with a confirmed specimen of ongoing photosynthesis, or a ‘vegetable’. This means that Earth has been returned to a life-sustaining status. Yes, it’s time to go back home!”

“Home?” McCrea was baffled, “You mean like ‘home’, home?”

“Yes!” continued the Emperor, “This means we can begin Operation: Return-Home-And-Rebuild-This-Dump-And-Make-It-Nice-And-Welcoming!”

At that moment, a shelf opened, and ejected a red book, that read “Operation: Return-Home-And-Rebuild-This-Dump-And-Make-It-Nice-And-Welcoming Manual”. However, Wallace was in the way, so he caught the book. Knowing that the Captain would hover over to pick up the old book, he posed himself as a book podium. McCrea took the book, not even noticing that Wallace was holding it.

“Simply follow your manual’s instructions to place the vegetable in your ship’s holographic detection confirmator-inator, or holo-detector,” the Emperor instructed, “and the –– will immediately navigate your return to Earth. It’s that easy!”

“Ooooh,” Captain McCrea was amazed.

“Now, I know that you and your passengers may have sustained some ‘slight’ bone loss,” continued the Emperor, “but don’t worry; a few laps around the jogging track should do the trick.”

“We have a jogging track?” Captain McCrea asked himself, puzzled, “Next thing he’s gonna tell me is that we have a fitness center.”

“If you have any more question concerning your holographic detection confirmator-inator, just consult you manual,” concluded the Emperor, “See you back home, real soon.”

The transmission ended with a ShoppyMart fanfare. McCrea, now holding an ancient document he had no idea was hidden in the command bridge for seven centuries, was trying to make sense of all the commotion that was surrounding this sudden turn of events, all centered on one scout who seemed to have returned positive.

“Operate Manuel,” McCrea had trouble reading the title of the book, “Manuel, relay instructions! Manuel, open.”

“This is hopeless,” Auto Pirate sighed. He then went over to open the manual for Captain McCrea.

“Ok, would you look at that,” McCrea was astonished, “That’s a whole lotta words.”

As the Captain conversed with his co-pilot about the instructions given in the manual, Evelyn stood there calmly with her hands folded, awaiting her next order. As she did, Wallace made his way towards the scout, and gave her a slight tap on her arm.

“Not now, Wallace―” Evelyn answered, “WALLACE?!! What are you doing here?!!”

Evelyn pushed Wallace into a corner. She was in shock that the little dumpster diver followed her to the Postulate.

“Wallace, how did you get here?” Evelyn demanded to know, “You’re gonna get me in trouble! Do you know that this is important? You’re presence here could ruin my whole directive!”

As Evelyn continued her inquiry and scolding, Wallace stared at her, only watching her movements and dismissing her words as noise.

“Oh, Evelyn,” Wallace sighed, “You’re pretty glossy lips are moving but all I hear is blah, blah, blah.”

Wallace completely ignored her reprimanding, and started daydreaming about her being much nicer.

“And you’d better not be daydreaming about me!” Evelyn continued fuming, “Because if you are, then I’m gonna be very, very―”

Meanwhile, in another corner, McCrea was trying his hardest to read the words printed on the red manual. After a few moments, he spoke.

“Well, Auto,” McCrea began, “Let’s see how to open her backpack, shall we?”

Evelyn tried her hardest to hide Wallace under a control panel, when McCrea suddenly activated a voice command.

“Step 1,” began McCrea, “Voice Command: Confirm Acquisition.”

“Confirm acquisition!” announced the Postulate computer. Green lights activated in the roof, and a machine came down to scan the bridge, when it found Evelyn.

“Well, I’m pretty sure my father will be please with my findings,” Evelyn told herself.

“Voice recognition required,” said the computer.

McCrea didn’t know what to say, “Uh,” he responded.

“Accepted,” replied the computer.

Evelyn detached the white backpack on the back of her dress. She held it up to the machine on the ceiling, which began pressing an activation code on the pack. Everyone was abruptly overwhelmed by a feeling of anxiety and wonder at the same time. McCrea hid behind the manual, and Wallace hid himself behind the scenes as to not interrupt, but Auto Pirate and Grand Moff Gopher watched this event indifferently, yet very suspiciously, as if they were waiting for something to happen. When Evelyn opened here backpack, it was empty. Nothing was inside. Everybody was silent for a moment, until the scout looked inside her bag.

“Hey, where’s the celery!” Evelyn cried, “I know I had it in here!”

“Wh—where’s the thingy?” McCrea was stunned.

“Plant,” Auto Pirate corrected.

“Right, where’s the plant?!?” Captain McCrea asked again, “Maybe we missed a step.”

As McCrea read the manual again, Evelyn double-checked her backpack where she stored the celery, making sure it wasn’t lost inside. She also looked in her shoes and dress to see if it didn’t fall inside her clothes. Unfortunately, she grew inexplicably desperate, so she scouted the entire bridge for the celery, until a lightbulb went off in her head: WALLACE!, she thought.

“Where’s the celery?!” Evelyn demanded to know.

“I don’t know,” Wallace answered nervously, “I thought you had it…”

In a flurry of hysteria, Evelyn opened a drawer and pulled out a vegetable detector device from a storage compartment, and pressed it against Wallace, searching him frantically for her missing vegetable.

“Whoa there Evelyn!” Wallace laughed, “Take it easy; besides, I don’t know where in the galaxy the celery could have ended up.”

“Perhaps you should scan her to be sure,” Captain McCrea suggested to Auto Pirate.

Evelyn returned to her position as Auto Pirate scanned her backpack with a red beam.

“Contains no specimen,” reported Auto Pirate, “Perhaps the probe’s memory is faulty.”

“So, we’re not going home?” McCrea asked, confused.

“Correct, Captain,” Auto answered his master.

“Well then,” began McCrea, “False alarm!”

“False alarm,” announced the computer. In an instant, the window shields were raised, and the sunny view of the lido deck was restored.

“Hey, Grand Moff Gopher,” McCrea called, “I’d like you to take Evelyn down to the I.C.U., and run a routine maintenance check, you know, just to make sure she’s not hallucinating or anything―AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!”

Captain McCrea had caught sight of Wallace. He was in shock to see that someone so grimy and soiled has found his way into the bridge.

What in the world is that? the Captain grew confused.

Wallace walked up to McCrea to introduce himself to the portly man, in order to give him a handshake. He didn’t know why McCrea was in shock, however.

“Hey there, my name’s Wallace,” he introduced himself, shaking the Captain’s hand, “Fancy meeting you, Captain.”

“Have Wallace cleaned,” McCrea ordered Gopher.

As the officer led Wallace away, McCrea looked at a speck of dirt he had received on his large, round hand from Wallace’s handshake. He stared at it, wondering what it was.

Ok guys, you better get ready for the next chapter that’s coming up… [spoil]it will introduce seven important minor characters[/spoil] :wink:.

Hurray! New chappie! :smiley:

For his one, you didn’t deviate much from the script, IMO. I did like the name change to Emperor ‘Palpatine’ Forthright, though. And the interpretations of the ‘robot speech’ in this scene.

The Operation name made me chuckle. :slight_smile: I also like Wallace’s babble while daydreaming about Evelyn.

Some criticisms: It would’ve been funnier if the Captain retorted about a pool instead of a fitness centre to the “jogging track” statement. Also, Auto should’ve scanned Evelyn herself instead of repeating another scan on the bag.

But otherwise, it’s a pretty good, if slightly unremarkable chapter. Although, I’m sure the next one will be very exciting ([spoil]Can’t wait to meet Vince, Courtney, et. al.! :wink:[/spoil]).

Sorry I haven’t replied in such a long time…I was waiting to see if any more replies would come in.

Anyways, thanks for the review! I am currently working on the next chapter, so stay tuned! :wink:

All right guys… the moment you’ve all ben waiting for… the exciting Chapter Eleven is here!!! fireworks display over the Postulate as it flies

Chapter Eleven: The I.C.U. Incident

“Ok guys!” announced Grand Moff Gopher, “You two have earned yourself a one-way ticket to the Intensive Care Unit, or as its residents call it, the ‘Ward’!”

Grand Moff Gopher loaded Wallace and Evelyn onto the transport he had brought into the bridge. He then took them into the elevator, which led back down to the lobby. There, Typo Organizer was still trying to figure out why he was waving his hand.

“Hey there!” Wallace exclaimed, “Nice to see you again. Oh, and I see you’ve learn to wave.”

Wallace waved to Typo again, who waved back in response. He then turned his attention to speak to Evelyn.

“Evelyn, I―” Wallace started off, grasping the scout’s shoulder.

However, Evelyn responded to the garbage boy with a frustrated grunt. Wallace could tell she did not want to speak to him.

Back on the bridge, McCrea noticed that he got some dirt on his hand. He put it in a holo-analyzer connected to the computer.

“Analyze,” he ordered the computer.

“Analysis: Poop,” the computer confirmed, “Substance is a three-phase system composed of various combinations of naturally derived solids. Subject is most commonly referred to as: soil, dirt, or earth.”

“Huh?” McCrea was suddenly interested, “Computer, will you define this word for me?”

The computer then appeared as a hologram, and accessed the Encyclopedia Axiomatica. She automatically filled the computer screen with pictures, charts, diagrams, definitions, mini-videos, and other stuff related to Earth.

“Earth: the surface of the world as distinct from the sky and sea,” the computer told he Captain.

“Wow,” Captain McCrea was intrigued, “Define: sea.”

“Sea,” began the computer, “…an expanse of salt water that covers most of the Earth’s surface and surrounds its land masses…”

Meanwhile, way at the stern end of the Postulate, Mo continued through the hallways, cleaning up shoe prints with his Swiffer™ Wet Jet.

“This kid is sooooooo gonna be sorry he came onboard this ship!!!” Mo vowed.

However, because he was so upset at the fact that Wallace left dirty shoe-prints all over the hall floors, Mo was cleaning up after the garbage collector’s mess, without looking where he was going, and because of that, he ended up causing an entire traffic jam of crewmembers. Grand Moff Gopher glided by with his emergency transport that was carrying Wallace and Evelyn, but he turned on a corner, and headed for another hallway. At the end of that passage, there was a large pair of doors that read: “I.C.U.: Intensive Care Unit”. A red light glowed, giving admittance to the officer to enter the ward.

Medics immediately came to the transport. One medic scanned Evelyn and attached a red patient tag connected to her head and chest. The medics then scanned Wallace, but he jumped off the transport before a patient tag could be attached. As he made his way across, a stylist named Partlet Cosmetic caught up with him. Pulling out a curling iron, mascara, facial foundation, lipstick, and eyeshadow, she grabbed poor Wallace, sat him in a salon chair, and draped an apron over him. She then proceeded to give him the “Ultimate Makeover”; curling his greased locks, blushing his cheeks, and touching up his face, all while singing “Fabulous” from High School Musical 2:

“I want fabulous! That is my simple request! All things fabulous! Bigger and better and best! I need something inspiring to help me get along! I need a little fabulous, is that so wrong?!” Partlet’s chatterbox voice blared through the patient ward.

After finishing her number, Partlet held up a mirror to Wallace’s face. The little garbage boy was shocked to see curls in his hair, blue paint over his eyes, elongated lashes as he blinked, pink blush on his cheeks, red coloring on his lips, and body glitter around his eyes and neck. And to top it all off, he had a dotted bow sitting on the side of his head.

“You look gorgeous!” Partlet complimented, smiling.

“What have you done?!! I look like one of those so-called ‘perfect’ fashion dolls!!!” Wallace cried, “Somebody get me out of this horrible place!”

A medic then came over to pick up Wallace and force him into a patient bed. He then found himself situated between a painter to his right, and a vacuuming guy to his left. Wallace turned to the painter first.

“Hello there,” greeted Wallace, “Do you like to color?”

The painter then turned his attention to the garbage collector, “Hello there. I’m Vince Lichtenstein,” he introduced himself as he brushed paint on Wallace’s face, “I feel this patient ward need some redecorating, so I took the liberty of painting in myself. Do you like it?”

“Uh, sure,” Wallace commented, “You sure have a way with color.”

As Vince turned back from painting Wallace’s face to decorating the wall, Wallace turned around, only to get his face sneezed on.

“Hi there,” sniffled the vacuuming boy, “I’m Bissell Dustbuster―ACHOO!!! And what’s your name?”

“Um, I’m Wallace,” answered Wallace as he wiped the mucus off his face with his arm.

“I don’t know why, but people always tell me ‘Gesundheit’,” began Bissell, “Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

“How am I supposed to know?” Wallace inquired, “I’ve never heard such a strange word in my life. But bless you, anyway.”

The sick patient reached into his chest pocket and pulled out a packet of wipes. He handed one sheet to Wallace.

“Would you like one?” asked Bissell, “You probably want all that makeup, paint, and snot off your face.”

“Thanks,” Wallace accepted the wiped and began to clean his face.

“You’re welcome,” Bissell sniffled, pulling out a packet of tissues from his belt.

As Bissell wiped his nose with a handkerchief and Vince splattered paint on his walls, Wallace looked around the ward, seeing other patients in worse conditions; a waiter was hitting himself with his tray and repeatedly shouting “Why am I hittin’ myself?!”, a tennis girl couldn’t stop hitting tennis balls across the room, a golfer hit golf balls continually and yelled “Fore!”, an electrical technician named Leticia Coleman wouldn’t stop flickering her flashlight, and a hyperactive massage therapist named Shiatsu Masashi almost beat up another crewmember―thus, the medics had to put a holo-restraint around him.

“Hey, why’d ya’ put this holo-thingy on me?! Let me outta this trash now!” screamed Shiatsu.

And so those are the patients of the I.C.U.—crazy and out-of-control. At that moment, as Wallace surveyed his surroundings, he caught another team of medics escorting Evelyn into a diagnostic exam room.

“Evelyn!” Wallace cried out desperately.

Inside the diagnostic room, a girl named Dee Fibrillator was being given a test on how well she could perform CPR, but she had too much energy in her MedPac, so the medics assisting her immediately sprayed the area with a fire extinguisher. In another corner, an umbrella operator named Sombrilla Parasol could not control her umbrella from flaring up. Yes, these are the lives of these “defective” crewmembers, you could say.

In the front exam table, the medics set Evelyn down, and had her changed into a hospital gown. They were ready to begin the exam. First, the lead medic brought down a device to test Evelyn’s vision. While she had her left eye checked, she covered her right eye, and vice versa. The physicians then asked her to display any weapons she could be carrying; in order to promptly remove them. Unfortunately, the doors were translucent, so Wallace interpreted the medics’ actions differently from what was really going on.

“Oh my ShoppyMart!” Wallace grew dreadful, “They’re trying to tear off her arm!”

After that, the physician in the diagnostic room had Evelyn roll up her sleeve, brought down a device to test Evelyn’s reflexes, and stuck it in what seemed to be her right arm socket. This device actually did not hurt at all; it just gave Evelyn a funny sensation that pulsed through her nerves, so she laughed uncontrollably.

“Hey, that feels funny!” Evelyn laughed as she bounced slightly on the exam table, “I think I’m going to like coming here more often!”

Another physician came to hold Evelyn, fearing she would bounce herself off the table. Unfortunately, in the other corner, Sombrilla screamed her head off when she got her hair caught in the umbrella’s activation mechanism. Medics rushed to help the distraught girl.

“Those medics are electrocuting Evelyn!!!” Wallace had mistaken Perry’s screeching for Evelyn crying of torture.

Back in the diagnostic room, the medics found that there was nothing wrong with Evelyn. So as a reward, they gave her a quick facial cleansing, and they brought a soft buffer to smooth out her face and clear out any acne if she had any.

“Ooooh,” Evelyn giggled as the buffer rotated under her chin, “That feels so pleasant!”

However, Wallace could only see and interpret the silhouettes he saw through the translucent doors of the diagnostic room, so he screamed, “They’re gonna behead Evelyn!”, thinking that the buffer was actually a rotating saw.

Wallace used the laser in his glasses to free himself from his patient bed. He accidently landed on the play button of his Walkman™, which played “Hasta La Vista”, as he ran straight to the diagnostic room, and crashed down the glass doors.

“EVELYN!!!” Wallace cried out loudly. He then ran to a medic and yanked Evelyn’s blast cannon to fire at the medics.

“Wallace,” began Evelyn, “Please put my blaster down, and don’t even think about firing it. Besides, you’re holding it the wrong―”

Wallace’s fear for Evelyn’s safety took over, and he fired it. However, as the scout tried to warn him about the blaster, he then realized a little too late that he was holding the blast cannon backwards.

To describe this scene in slow-motion, the laser blast zoomed across the room, slowly, and the other patients watched it fly. The blast ultimately impacted on the security padlock beside the door of the ward, and all the medics fainted (somehow, they are connected with the padlock).

Now, enough with the slow-mo, and back to normal-speed filming: Wallace was so embarrassed. He turned off his Walkman™, and shuddered as he crouched down on the floor shamefully. However, even more humiliated was Evelyn, for her “admirer” had ruined her exam.

“WALLACE!!!” Evelyn screamed, “You ruined my exam! OH, this day just gets better and better!”

The patient beds immediately deactivated their holo-restraints. All the patients then cheered for their newfound freedom, so they picked up Wallace and carried him out of the I.C.U. and into the hallway, as if they were leading a parade.

[url]- YouTube

Oh boy, the chapter I’ve been anticipating! I thought you would never get it done…

It’s quite good. I thought you would call it an asylum or something, but I guess ICU would work well, too. I thought there would be problems adapting Eve’s repair into human form, but you’ve successfully done it once again!

The analysis of ‘poop’ made me chuckle.

I really love the names of the rejects, they’re just loaded with puns! Your interpretation of Wall-E’s interactions (I really like Courtney’s makeover of Wallace!) are fun to read.

Nothing to criticise here, other than it could do with a more extensive reinterpretation (maybe add an extra scene or line of dialogue or two), but otherwise it’s pleasantly funny and adorable to read.

Oh, and ‘thanks a lot’ for getting that "Fabulous’ number stuck in my head. Ugh! :imp:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wow! The “Fabulous” JustSoWall-eCrazy has finally returned with his long-awaited chapter! (Btw, thanks for getting that song into my head- I hate HSM! LOL) I spluttered with laughter at the waiter who kept hitting himself with his tray and couldn’t stop shouting “WHY DO I KEEP HITTIN’ MYSELF?”
You sure know how to entertain your audience! :smiley:

Hooray! I got two replies! And a new reader! :smiley:

TDIT: You could call it an asylum if you want to. :laughing: And I’m glad you liked how I interpreted this part of the movie. I’m glad you appreciated it.

Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami: I’m so happy you got to read this story; new readers make me feel like I’m getting a lot of attention! And I’m happy you liked the defective waiter – that’s kind of what I thought that reject-bot would be like. :laughing: And BTW, I’m female.

Anyways, I’m glad you both loved the story. Stick around for Chapter Twelve! :wink:

All right guys…I’ve finally got Chapter Twelve here!!!

Just a note: I’ve decided to edit the first chapter and say that Wallace came from Yonkers instead of Times Square. Also, there’s a Finding Nemo reference hidden in here… :wink:

EDIT: Actually, scrap that first thing. I remembered that Yonkers is an inland city according to a map I saw, and Times Square is closer to a bay than Yonkers is, so I’ll move Wallace back there.

Chapter Twelve: Rogue Crewmembers

“Hooray for the new kid!” shouted the patients, “We are now free of those medics! Freedom! Yeah! Hooray! We’re free!!!”

As the patients paraded though the service deck halls, Evelyn ran into a changing room, where she tossed out her patient gown, and put on her dress and gloves. Frustrated with Wallace, she activated her hover-boots and rushed out of the clinic, searching for the runaway mob. In the halls, however, the patients scared away all the other crewmembers, but the Stormtroopers were instantly alerted of the emergency. About 20 of the armored patrol men left their posts to scavenge the corridors for the fugitives.

“Three cheers for this guy who saved us all!” the patients continued to cry. Eventually, their parading and merrymaking was halted by the Stormtroopers.

“Oh my,” Partlet grew nervous.

“It’s Big Brother,” whispered Leticia, startled, “We’re surrounded by Halt Monitors.”

The faceless stormtroopers stood there. “Halt!” they warned the rogue crewmembers.

Wallace trembled in their presence. I guess the police want a word with me, he thought.

A floor polisher pushed Wallace forward, “You gotta stand up for us now,” he said, “Show ‘em who’s boss!”

Evelyn found the parading mob. She then moved towards Wallace, where she took back her blaster. Unfortunately, a Stormtrooper photographed her. Instantly, their picture became a wanted poster—broadcast on every holo-screen on the Postulate.

“Caution! Rogue Crewmembers!” the computer announced.

“Oh sweet ShoppyMart!” Evelyn was in shock, “That Stormtrooper thought I was drawing my weapon against him!”

The patrolmen activated their freeze-beam guns. Fearing for her safety, Evelyn picked up Wallace and hovered away, flying as fast as she could through the endless, traffic-congested corridors of the Service decks, until she reached an intersection. At that moment, holo-screens displaying the Wanted poster descended from the ceiling, warning the bystanders about the rogue crewmembers on the loose.

“Oh dear,” Evelyn told herself, “How are we to get out of this mess?”

All of a sudden, Bissell, Partlet, Vince, Shiatsu, Dee, Leticia, and Sombrilla (from the I.C.U.) staggered rapidly through the halls. It seemed that they were running away from the Stormtroopers. Sombrila used her umbrella to defend the team

“The Halt Monitors are gaining on us!” cried Bissell.

“They’ll never get us!” declared Leticia, waving around her flashlight.

“Na na na na naaaa! Na nanananana na na naaa!” Vince sang off key, trying to imitate Wallace’s favorite tune from Camp Rock.

“Reject Force Seven Go!” exclaimed all seven in unison.

As the reject crew ran through the halls, the Stormtroopers followed right behind, with their siren-hats blaring and flashing, and their freeze-beams loaded.

“There’s one, set for stun!” ordered one trooper as they followed a trail of yellow paint.

As the Stormtroopers continued on their hot pursuit of the runaway patients, Evelyn and Wallace managed to hide in a large porthole window. The scout looked out the porthole when she saw the escape pod bay was right across from their current location.

“Come with me, Wallace,” Evelyn ordered.

Evelyn led Wallace into a nearby elevator. Once inside, she pressed a button to go down to the escape pod bay. The scout girl stood in the lift with a serious look written on her face and her hands down by her sides. As the car descended, the photo of her and Wallace showed up on a holo-screen, warning the ship that there were rogue crewmembers on the loose.

“Hey, look!” exclaimed Wallace as he was pointing to the screen, “We’re on TV!”

Too frustrated to answer, Evelyn drew out her blaster from her sleeve and fired at the holo-screen.

The elevator stopped at Level 9, Pod 12. Evelyn walked up slowly to a control pad, and started to press some buttons. Wallace didn’t understand why she was so silent. The control pad lit up, and a door opened, leading to an escape pod.

“Wallace,” began Evelyn, “I want you to go back home; to Times Square.”

“What?” Wallace was confused.

“I just want you to go home,” explained Evelyn, “It’ll be best for the both of us.”

Wallace walked into the pod, and sat down. He patted the seat next to him, telling Evelyn to join in.

“Come on in,” Wallace said, “A whole week of traveling, just the two of us.”

Evelyn nodded her head, “I have to stay here on the Postulate and do my job,” she tried to make herself clear.

“Then I’m not going!” Wallace stormed out of the pod, and crouched down into a box.

“Wallace,” Evelyn sighed, then began to speak, “There are tons of people in the universe, and some people are known for causing delays… and well, Wallace, you just happen to be one of those people that cause delays.”

“You mean you don’t…like me?!” Wallace was about to burst into tears. He buried his face in his hands.

“No, no, no,” Evelyn reached out to stroke Wallace’s cheek, “It’s not that I don’t like you… it’s just that—it would be better if you would leave the Postulate, for you are distracting me from my directive. I’m only doing what is best for you. Just step in the pod; I promise I won’t forget you.”

“No,” Wallace crawled out, stubborn to leave.

“Just get in—” Evelyn tried to send Wallace home, but then she heard someone coming down the elevator.

“Someone’s coming!” Evelyn whispered, “Hide somewhere.”

Evelyn turned off the controls to the pod, and hid with Wallace and the crewmembers stationed with the pod controls. They peeked to see who it was.

Hmm, pondered Evelyn, I know that shadow. Let me think— I’ve got it on the tip of my tongue…

Evelyn continued staring, when the shadow revealed itself to be none other than… Grand Moff Gopher! The security officer entered the pod, and deposited a shoe. And it wasn’t just any shoe— it was the shoe with the celery!

“Plant!” Evelyn exclaimed in a whisper. She finally realized that Wallace was not the vegetable thief.

“I told you so,” Wallace gloated quietly.

As Grand Moff Gopher exited the pod, Wallace entered it, and grabbed the celery shoe.

“Evelyn! I’ve got it!” Wallace announced.

“Wallace, get outta there―” Evelyn warned him.

Before Wallace could heed her warning, Grand Moff Gopher pressed the launch button, and immediately ran out of the room.

“Ha ha ha!” Grand Moff Gopher laughed maniacally, “So long, losers!”

Red lights were going off in the pod bay. Evelyn immediately entered a service airlock, and launched herself out of it.

“Hang in there, Wallace,” Evelyn told herself, “I’m coming to get you; just don’t do anything stupid that will get you to blow up the pod.”

The ending of this chapter is going to lead into [spoil]what is perhaps the most beautiful chapter in the entire story…[/spoil]

THis is so cool! I just discovered it today. Keep up the good work,JustSoWall-eCrazy!

Here we go with another wild and crazy chapter from JSWeC, courtesy of Shoppy Mart! :smiley:

I like the play on words with ‘Halt Monitors’, as well as the ‘Reject Force Seven Go’ exclamation (reminded me of Power Rangers for some reason, good times…).

The bit where Evelyn describes Wallace as ‘one of those people that cause delays’ was well-written, and my heart went out to Wallace when he almost teared… poor guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

I always thought GO-4 never realized Wall-E and Eve were in the room, so whether you intentionally made Grand Moff Gopher taunt them knowingly or not, that deviation from the plot surprised me.

The last quote is great use of foreshadowing… :laughing:

I can’t wait for the epic next chapter… and here’s hoping you do it justice! :wink:

Oh yes! JustSoWall-ECrazy is back! Another great and entertaining chapter, I’m now on the edge of my seat eagerly awaiting the next “beautiful” one! Keep them comin’ (But then I would say that,wouldn’t I?) :smiley:

Oh my goodness! THREE replies!!!

K9Girl: I’m so happy you got to read this! As I’ve said before, it makes me feel proud when I get new readers!

TDIT: Wow, you caught the "people who cause delays’ line! I didn’t think anyone would get it. And your heart went out to Wallace when he was about to cry? I didn’t know my fanfic was that emotional…

And about GO-4…he did notice Wallace in the pod. Grand Moff Gopher is not the same height as the robot he’s based on. He went into the bay, thinking no one was there, but he really didn’t care about them, though he does [spoil]suspect he has something to do with the celery. [/spoil]

Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami: I’m glad you enjoyed this chapter! And I’m eager to do the next one very, very soon! :smiley:

Stay tuned people! Chapter Thirteen will be here pronto!

I did? Uh… I wasn’t aware it was a reference to anything… care to enlighten me? I just thought it was a really cute way of Eve telling Wall-E gently he’s not ‘charming and witty’ boyfriend material. :slight_smile:

You mean Gran Moff Gopher, not the movie-version? Oh, in that case… I thought you meant the movie-version, cos’ from my memory, the robot was behind the control panel when he pressed the launch button, so I assumed he didn’t spot Wall-E in the pod.

And yeah, your writing is very understated and evocative, which I like, so I did feel symphathetic when Wallace was on the verge of tears. Poor guy… :laughing: