Ratatouille 2 A Good Or Bad Idea?

I believe Ratatouille is capable of having a sequel and maybe even a prequel.

Their’s quite a lot of the Ratatouille world that can still be explained and expanded upon.

E.g Colette’s rise to cooking, the cause of Gusteau’s death, expanding on the Linguini / Colette relationship, etc.

The possibilities are still evident.

I should know, I’m currently writing a fan fic sequel.

Pixar went out of its way to tie up every loose end in the film, so unless we care that much about some of the supporting characters, a sequel seems pointless.

I really don’t think that Ratatouille should get a sequel. I just watched it last night again, and the ending is pretty much perfect. Pixar has too many upcoming sequels anyway, and I like Pixar’s originals better than sequels. They’re just more new and exciting. But I do love Ratatouille, just it had a perfect ending, and doesn’t need a sequel.

I think this is not a good idea. What ever the story would be, it would just feel forced to me, for the sake of having a sequel. Where else could it go? Remy already has his resteraunt and Linguini has Cosette. That seems lie the icing on top to me.

I don’t think that a film like Ratatouille lends itself well to a sequel. Remy has found his place in the world and is accepted by his father, Linguini and Collette have a place of their own, Anton Ego is a changed man… Even though there is sequel potential, I don’t think it would really suit the type of film Ratatouille is to have one.

Also, the ending of Ratatouille is a perfect blend of good and bad. Ego loses his job, the other chefs leave and Lingini loses his restaurant but overall the ending is a happy one. I think that a sequel might undo the effects of the original opening. I’m not sure why, but I just get the feeling that a continuation might affect it.

That said, I would still see a sequel/ prequel if they were to make one.

To me, that would be the worst idea since…Monsters, Inc. 2. I’d be very disappointed. :I

I agree! No more sequels! Especially not Ratatouille. That’s what I thought about Monsters inc too. And then i heard the news they’re actually making a sequel… I’m sure it’ll be good just… Gah…

Ratatouille ended, like all of you say, perfectly and does NOT need a sequel! Or prequel for that matter. So that’s my opinion.

That’s my opinion also. I’d be very sad if Ratatouille had a sequel as well.

What would they do with one? Anything I can think of ends up with Remy losing his restaurant again. I don’t think there’s any more story to be told. I always wonder about Renata and Gusteau, but that would not be a good kid’s film. In my opinion.

I agree Virginia. Plus I think kids would get bored with a prequel of Renata and Auguste’s relationship. It’s scandelous and everthing, but kids perfer movies with talking pandas or talking cars or talking something else.

It doesn’t need one but I don’t think it would ruin the franchise if it did. If it did it’d probably be fantastic and made with reason. So if there was a sequel I bet it’d be pretty darn awesome. But I’m not going to start a petition to get one or anything.

I wouldn’t mind,but at the same time it dosen’t need one…besides I don’t think Ratatouille has a big enough fanbase…

Exactly. However, I think the basic idea in storyboards would be a neat Blu-Ray extra. :laughing:

I mean, you can make a sequel to any movie. The point, though, is whether you should. I think you should make a movie because you have a good idea, not vice versa. If you think about it, you could continue any story, save for films where the main cast dies. But in the case of Ratatouille, why would you? It’s the same with Wall-E. I can see why our more rabid fans want one, but I think we’re better with shorts. I just think a Ratatouille sequel would be a…well, not good. That’s what I’ll say. And I love Ratatouille. I think it’s #4 on my list, and I love them all, so that’s super good. However, I like Up even more, and think about a sequel to Up. Just…no. :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry, fellow rabid fans. I’ll be praying for no Ratatouille sequel, even though it seems unlikely either way.

I think the power of Ratatouille is that remy becomes a chef. You can’t do that twice. i’m pretty sure that Pixar can make a wonderful sequel but is say no!

BAD. I think that’s a terrible idea; sorry.

I guess they could have a sequal but it’s good the way it ended.

Any sequel to Ratatouille would be repetitive, IMO.

I think I’d just stay away from the whole idea of a Ratatouille 2. Like IV said, I think it definately would be repetitive. How many places could you take a rat that cooks?

Plus, what if he lost his restaurant…again? Total bummer. :frowning:

GOOD IDEA!

I really think the first movie only scratched the surface of what you could get out of the world Pixar created.