Rango

It looks nice.

And yes, it IS the Mojave Desert. Actually, the trailer does say that.

I am! I think they might be my favorite characters so far (after the snakes)

“And the him? He’s going to die”
lol

^ Can’t help but laugh each time I hear that line!

The movie looks interesting, but early reviews have been down-right dreadful.

They have? Where did you read that?

Looking forward to Rango for several reasons:

1. It appears offbeat, funny, and well crafted.

2. The voices were reportedly recorded with all actors at the same time. It will be interesting to see if that’s discernible in the film, and if it makes a difference.

3. It’s the first feature-length CG animated work from ILM.

4. It’s the first animated film from Gore Verbinski.

5. ILM and Verbinski are proven crowd pleasers, but they might be underdogs out of their usual comfort zones. It’s always good to see underdogs do well.

movies.ign.com/articles/110/1102865p1.html

^ You said all my reasons, specially the ILM one!

I was watching TV and they had a little thing about Rango during the commericials. Apperently Johnny Depp acted out ever scene of the movie. Every scene he was anyway, and they’d film it. It was good for Johnny Depp because he was physically acting and that helped him out with the voicing, and then the animators had a visual to animate from.

It’s not unusual for aniamted movies to have acting models for the animator, but usually it’s not the voice actor, and usually it’s not the whole movie being acted and modeled out.

I am so looking forward to this film. The trailer, especially the newest one, captures me every time. I was originally turned off because it’s being distributed by Nick but when I watched the teaser for the first time I became very interested. Steve made great points and that’s exactly why this film is attractive to me. And I love the way it looks and I like the script so far, I just hope there’s still good lines left outside the trailer. I can’t wait to see it.

…Does anyone else find themselves feeling like… really bad for the hawk in the trailer??? xD First time I saw it I gasped and was so shocked haha.

EDIT: This is the feature you’re talking about??? Because I cannot stop watching it.

Yes, it is! Thank you for providing the link.

Thanks for the heads-up EJE, and thanks for the link, Gazelle! Unfortunately, I got a ‘Content Unavailable’ error message (probably because I live outside the USA?). Luckily, there’s always good ol’ Youtew:

Rango - Behind the Scenes

I’m really amazed that they actually filmed the actors doing a physical performance with actual props! As already mentioned, the usual practice is for the animators to do reference videos and the voice actors do the vocals, but this is a truly unique approach. I can’t wait to see how this translates to the final product.

And yes, I do feel sorry for that hawk. Alhough, it could be a [spoil]‘Disney Death’ and it’ll make a deus-ex machina appearance at the end to save Rango or somethin’[/spoil]. You never know!

Oh, and a rattlesnake with a machine-gun for its rattle? Freakintabulous awesome.

Yes, where are those reviews? From what I know, there aren’t reviews this yet.

Epic. Win.

The epic win is that the snake is Bill Nighy!

Sorry, it was a fake review. I am looking forward to this though, Terry Gilliam is one of my favorite directors and there looks like there are going to be tons of references in here.

A little sad Bill Nighy always gets typecasted as the bad guy in family movies, but hey, I think he’s gonna be an awesome villain in this one. :mrgreen:

Most times he’s some kind of tragic villain, and that’s how he gained my sympathies, but I really like the guy off screen. He’s very likable.

I want to see this!

Well, we’re now just a month away from release.

Some new photos were released
halcyonrealms.com/film/rango-tas … cial-site/

as well as the theme song by Los Lobos
comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73722

Thanks for sharing this link! I love the picture with the Armadillo :laughing: