PixarPlanetdA!

So, guys, it looks like I need your help!

I’d absolutely love to hear your suggestions for PPdA’s next contest! If you have any ideas whatsoever, whether they be based on all of the Pixar films or just one, I’d love to thear them.

Thanks! :smiley:

Are you guys doing an Easter contest?

Well, it’s not been decided yet, but an Easter contest would be a good idea! I’m just worried that having an Easter contest in March might be a bit early, but what do you guys think? :smiley:

Well, Easter is in March this year, so I don’t think that’s too early at all… :wink:

rachel- Oh, well our Easter break is in April so I’ve just sort of based when Easter is on that. Probably not the best of ideas, since school breaks aren’t always entirely accurate… :laughing: Well, that’s that sorted then! Thanks! :smiley:

How about a springtime theme? SInce I know springtime is coming up real soon.

That’s a cute suggestion TSS, but it’s not Spring in the Southern hemisphere… since the Internet is global and all. But if you guys want to continue doing weather-related themes then that’s cool. I’d understand. I’m used to accommodating to the Northern hemisphere. Heheh. :wink:

TSS- Yeah, I’ve gotta go with Rachel on this one. Anyway, with the weather as it is right now, springtime isn’t gonna be for a few more months yet. :laughing: But yep, I’ve gone with the Easter one this time. Thanks for the suggestion anyway! :smiley:

Well, guys, time for a quick update on our stats. :smiley:

The club has been open for a year and a half, and in that time, we’ve finally reached 10,000 pageviews, are only 5 deviations away from 200 pieces of submitted artwork, and have 160 members!

So, thanks to all of the members, because without you, we wouldn’t have such a large collection of beautiful Pixar artwork. :smiley:

Those sound like amzing amazing stats. I am glad that PPdA has grown since it opened.

lizardgirl - Those are some awesome statistics, lizardgirl! I’m glad that the club is prospering so. :smiley:

– Mitch

Wow! Way to be! 10,000 page views is quite an achievement!

Just a quick update here, since the club’s two year anniversary is coming up soon!

So, in the last two years, we’ve achieved…

-190 members!
-43 affiliates!
-238 submissions, which have been viewed almost 21,000 times!
-An average of almost 90 views per submission!
-Over 13,500 pageviews!
-And eight competitions!

Thanks to everyone on here who’s a member. The club wouldn’t do this well if it wasn’t for your support!

Those are some pretty impressive stats right there, lizardgirl. Nice work!

Very impressive stats lizardgirl. I knew PPDA was going to be successful, but I had no idea it would be that big. Really nice.

Having reached over 20,000 page views, I thought it might be a good time to update those stats and to also add some new ones that I thought were pretty interesting. So, here’s how the club’s looking now-

Member Count- 274
Affiliate Count- 67
Artwork Count- 377
Fanfiction Count- 67

That Artwork Count is divided into each Pixar film as follows-

Toy Story/Toy Story 2- 14
A Bug’s Life- 1
Monsters, Inc.- 21
Finding Nemo- 7
The Incredibles- 28
Cars- 29
Ratatouille- 71
WALL-E- 103
Up- 36

Plus there are plenty of other pieces of artwork in the Short Films, Combinations of Films, Pixar Stamps and Competition Entries sections. So it looks like WALL-E is definitely in the lead at the moment!

And the remainder of the stats-

-The artwork has been viewed over 35,000 times altogether.
-On average, we get 77 views per submission.
-And we’ve now just had our tenth competition!

Which I missed out on, :frowning:

That’s really cool though, I’m gonna have to get crackin to push Up past our little robot friend! :stuck_out_tongue:

PixarPlanetdA is now officially a deviantART Group!

It looks very different now, much more sleek and it’s very easy to join as a member and start submitting artwork.

So, if you’d like some more exposure for your own fanart or fanfiction, click here- pixarplanetda.deviantart.com/