Paul Newman (1925-2008)

Not only did we loose a great actor, but a pretty decent race car driver and car owner. His charitable work is phenomenal, with around US$250,000,000 donated through his line of food products. His Hole-in-the-Wall camps inspired the Victory Junction Gang Camp that Kyle Petty started for his late son Adam, with help from Richard Petty.

Boy this year just keeps getting worse in terms of tragic deaths … first Heath Ledger, then Geroge Carlin, then Bernie Mac, and now Paul Newman. :cry:

I hope he’s finally out of pain and in Heaven with Heath, George, and Berniwe now. I praay for his family and friends.

PixarPixie: Yeah, I’m pretty sad about their deaths, too, but we must move on. Death is nature, and if we are just going to moan about it all day and not move on because it would somehow ‘disrespect’ the deceased, well, it’s just unproductive unless if it’s really disrespectful (like going against Newman’s final will of disallowing any from taking his place as ‘Doc,’ for example :stuck_out_tongue: ).

You know what I’ve heard? That Doc has even more appearance in this movie than the last one! They can’t fix it now! Paul Newman better have gotten his lines recorded before he died or Cars 2 wll NOT be as good as I wanted it to be.

The story is still in development so anything could easily be changed at this point. And no, Paul Newman didn’t record any dialogue for Cars 2, John Lasseter and Brad Lewis are considering an impersonator for the sake of story. It’s still a long wait 'til 2011. Calm down. :slight_smile:

Rest in Peace. Paul Newman. :cry:

Man, it may be soooo late to be saying something on this, but lately, I’ve been venturing into the Paul Newman film vault (even if it is just clips on YouTube) and now I wanna watch Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and others. Man, why did he have to go!?

Oh, and about my old post, boy did I overreact! I can get so emotional! Heck, I remember that when I heard about the sequel, I had to scream it to anyone who’d care to listen. And I think I remember crying when I heard that Paul Newman had cancer. All just because he wouldn’t return as Doc. I’ve grown a lot since then, so now I know better. Man, I just wish I could take those early posts back.

He was a great actor, and the perfect voice for Doc Hudson