Newt Concept Art

Okay, so I’m not the only one. I’m sure it would be different than that show, but I still saw some similarities.

Oh wow! This looks beautiful! And I looked forward to this movie :frowning: It’s sad that it’s not in production anymore…

Oh, I was more referring to the swamp/ jungle/ forest that appears in the concept art. It’s hard to tell how long they’d spend in each location- the film synopsis only mentions the lab, but most of the concept art shows them outside.

I hope that one day we at least know why they dropped the film, although they may wish to refrain from telling people because it might be a bit embarassing for the people working on it.

Beautiful, but I can see why Pixar didn’t think this could be made into a feature film.

The male scientest in the concept art is the scientest in Up that thinks Muntz’s skeleton is fabricated. :slight_smile:

Wow. It seems like literally everyone is using the art for sigs :open_mouth: That’s cool stuff. Kind of sad, but it was probably for the better that they canceled it. Pixar’s never let us down before.

I really love all the concept art. I can’t help but feel that the project has been shelved (temporarily) and sooner or later we’ll see the project back underway. (I can dream, can’t I?)

:smiley:

I think coming up with our own story ideas, would be kind of fun, now that we have art and a sort of direction to take the story. I definitely will be tossing that around in the back of my mind I think

I wish this concept art was available in high resolutions. Its absolutely gorgeous. I’d love to print it and frame it. Its really stunning.

Newt looks like it would have been a fantastically visually stunning film.

[quote=“bawpcwpn”. I’d love to print it and frame it. Its really stunning.
.[/quote]

That’s a great idea. I did that with some Up concept art, and it turned out beautifully. :smiley:

That is a good idea. I already turned a piece of Newt art into my desktop on the computer.

I really don’t know what Pixar was thinking. The least they could do is offer a reason to the fans for their quitting.

On a lighter note, it seems that the Newt epidemic has spread on a scale not seen since the breakout of Up-odisis last year. :slight_smile:

Haha, loving the fact that Newt has taken over so many members’ signatures…Good stuff!

It’s a conspiray on PP to get Newt back into production, I believe.

Yeah, a lot of them are so beautiful. I can see them hanging in living rooms or museums.

It´s a shame that the movie has been cancelled…everything looked so beautiful…

Although I’m disappointed that this amazing looking film not getting released, I still believe it was a good move. The film had issues and needs time to resolve over. I’m not putting this film out the equation yet, its still got life in it. Remember this is still an original idea and Pixar can’t rely on sequels forever.

The shelving of the feature and the releasing of the concept arts could have increased Pixars PR. Its telling the public of what level of quality of Pixar is looking for to create a film and thus strengthens their brand image of good quality story telling.

They seem to be teasing us with all these concepts and at the same time lowering our moods by not releasing it. This seems to be grathering a lot of interest in the film. I’m quite suspicious whether they are really doing this for PR or actually had a genuine reason for it to be cancelled, only time will tell.

Getting back to topic, when I first saw those concept arts, I was staggered how this movie wasn’t working, maybe it’s the script or the ending, but just looking at all those pictures I can tell what potential this movie really had. Sure it may had problems, but I’d rather watch this movie than Cars 2. It looks like a real adventure and some of the character designs gives us an insight of how the story may flow. The two-headed snake seems to be genius idea, one which will be entertaining to watch and difference of personality between the two love newts will also give the movie more life. This movie is so much more interesting than Brave, which is out dated and cliched, although Pixar did say it was different, I’m still in favour of watching Newt.

Hmm, that’s an interesting point, azzstar…Perhaps Pixar did do all of this for PR…But that’s an extreme thing to do for a bit of publicity, and it’s not as if Pixar needs any more with their string of successful releases. Still, who knows?

Extreme, but still creates interest and builds on their brand image of Quality. Why shouldn’t they, I mean Pixar are right now at their prime and a simple cancellation doesn’t matter. Newt may have been a excellent story (speculating here) and really didn’t have a problem (and here). They can just release it later (I hope it happens). I can even imagine Pixar using Newt as a way to hide to releasing of Monster Inc 2 (wait I’m doing it again). The time we get information of Monster Inc 2 coming fourth, Newt gets cancelled. We have yet to receive any information of the plot; things are still unpredictable, where as we were given a simple synopsis of what would happen in Cars 2 when it was announced. It seems like Monster Inc 2 may be a good movie (hope it is) and Pixar are trying to minimise any leaks of the story until they are ready.

I was talking with a friend yesterday (the one I went to watch Inception with) who was interested in working in the video-game industry. He mentioned Blizzard (the guys who did World of Warcraft) also worked on an FPS project that they abandoned due to story issues. This led me to mention Newt and Pixar (cos’ I’m more interested in the film industry) and he proudly declared Blizzard as the ‘Pixar’ of video games.

While I’m not experienced enough with Blizzard games to comment on this, it is interesting how sometimes as storytellers, you have to give up on something you’ve worked on to focus on those which can work. A scriptwriting teacher used an extreme analogy of ‘killing your babies’, while I prefer something along the lines of ‘giving them up for adoption’ (to rabid fan-artists like the ones here? :stuck_out_tongue:).

TDIT: I’d say that Valve is the Pixar of games IMO. Similar to Pixar, they don’t cancel projects as often as they totally rework them (and delay them, but that’s another story). They both put out very unique and interesting products that go beyond what is expected for their field of work. Relating Newt’s cancellation to Valve, they did have one completely canceled game about a fairy or something, which was going to be terrible, apparently.

I heard rumours that the reason why it was cancled was because the theme seemed to mature.

Though I dont see why with Alpha and Omega comming out that has the same theme.
Could be maybe because the two Newts were forced to like one another? Im not sure…but I did want to see this one…