New Newt Information

Yeah you got a point there…

Newt will be released in summer 2012. If DreamWorks continue their plan with the Puss in Boots movie, it would be Ratatouille vs. Shrek 3 all over again. Worse, if there’s an Ice Age 4 it will most likely be released in summer 2012 too.

Newt then will face a lot of challenge and it’s an original story. Like Ratatouille, WALL-E and Up, it’s a hard sell based on the premise alone. If they really go for a non-dialogue film (no cast announced, Gary Rydstrom at the helm) it will be much harder to market.

After TS3, Cars 2 and The Bear and the Bow (which I believe has a lot of potential if marketed towards the Disney Princess crowd, plus it’s Pixar’s return to the winter frame) Newt would probably face a drop in Box office. It doesn’t have the European attraction or sci-fi adventure flavor to help.

I’m really curious to find out how they do it this time, more so than The Bear and the Bow. It really needs its development time.

I’m sure Newt will have SOME adventure like scenes.

To those who saying they can hide the sex or make it subtle. They can’t because it’s the main thread of the story. They have to get together or their species dies, the climax and resolution of the story is either that they decide they can be a couple or they can’t. There is no completely hiding this thread, and it is going to bring up quite a few questions for parents to answer.

Personally I hope they don’t shy away from the subject at all, and create a movie that parents can bring up when having “the Talk”.

Besides it can still be PG, heck most of the James Bond movies were PG and look at their content.

Not the new ones.

There was an article in Box Office Magazine a bit ago that outlined a fact that a majority of audience members for Pixar films in theaters is adults over the age of 18. Something like 68%. Only when it goes to video does it skew towards children, and that’s where Disney makes it’s big bucks. I’ll try and hunt it down (although their archives cost $$ and not sure I can afford that!).

Really? Well, there were a lot of kids at Cars, but a lot of adults at Wall.E, maybe kids thought it would be gross and inappropriate and they want their “MOMMY AND DADDY” to see it first. So,yeah.

As people have said, I HIGHLY doubt this will be rated anything above PG.
Pixar movie’s are REALLY popular with the younger crowd as well as the older crowd so I doubt they would really cut out their younger audience.

I mean look at Shrek and Madagascar! They have so many sexual jokes it isn’t even funny, and sometimes I think those are pushing the PG rating a little bit, but they always seam to make it in at PG or under.

There are ways around it. They could simply fade out before anything got graphic (Im actually not SURE how lizards mate, but I don’t think they’d show us regardless)

Yeah there are ways of getting around that. Here’s, an example: The Flinstones had a baby. Now it was never ever mentioned in the show, but we all know how they got that baby. And yet, still appropriate for the whole family. I too doubt it will be anything above PG. But sometimes I dont understand ratings anyway. I think a movie will end up being one thing, and it ends up being another.

Oh come on guys, it will be rated G I bet…

If this movie or The Bear and the Bow or Toy Story 3 are oing to come out whre I live months after its original release date I’ll download them before watching them at the cinema.

Talking about Newt, I really want to know what the plot is like. That few lines we know is like saying “there’s a robot alone in earth and falls in love”, but we don’t know anything about the Axiom, the plant, AUTO, etc etc :smiley:

Oh, no. I want unconsciously to spoil myself :open_mouth:

Man I’m so excited for this movie, it’s the one I’m looking forward to the most of all the upcoming movies! It sounds so good already, just imagine how it will be when we get to see some updates! I’ll go nuts! Haha :laughing:

And I’m also so excited to see how Rydstrom will do with this!

Me too!!! I’m very excited for this. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I am really excited for this. Can’t wait to see some kind of trailer or poster.

Well, newts aren’t lizards, or even reptiles for that matter, but amphibians, so all fertilization takes place outside, after the female lays eggs. Not much graphic about it, actually. LIZARDS, on the other hand, mate just like most critters do, and that would definitely require higher than a PG rating, lol! Just visit the “Photography-Animals, Plants, and Nature-Reptiles and Amphibians” section of Deviant Art for more insight, since now is mating season for many lizards and that section is chock-full of “Anole p0rn”. Defintely something the soccer mom types might have trouble explaining to the kiddies.

pitbulllady

I’m really excited for this too! This one intrigues me because it’s basically a romantic story, but not in the vein of Wall-E’s ‘love at first sight’. Rather, it has that “worst-enemies become best-friends” (and in this case, perhaps something more?) plotline of practically every buddy flick ever made, except it’s with opposite-sexy ‘partners’. :smiley:

There is one thing that’s worrying about this film though, and it’s been brought up before- people’s confusion of lizards with newts and vice versa. Hopefully the film will make it startlingly clear that they’re not the same thing. :laughing:

Well if those scientists ARE gonna repopulate the species of newts, THEY’D better know the difference :laughing:

haha right! I am so darn excited for this! It sounds like its right up my alley! :smiley:

Haven’t really heard too much about this movie,and I don’t really want to read or see too much leaked info on it. I looked up about everything available for Up (save the plot), and I still enjoy(ed) the heck out of it. Still, I was totally giddy about Up, so it probably helped that I REALLY wanted to see it. I wanna see this, a well as TS3 and Bear and the Bow, but Up was just such a huge deal to me, and still is. revealing major plot points just seems like ruining the movie imo.

Also, it’s Pixar, I don’t see them making a PG-13 movie ever. They have such a young aesthetic to them, and they’re made for the entire family. That to me is what Pixar represents, they bring the kid out in all of us. I absolutely adore that philosophy, it’s very innocent, fun, and exciting. The subject matter of the latest movies has been a bit more mature, but pulled off with great taste. I mean I’m a 19 year old college student, and I bawl every time I watch Up, but the way Pixar does it is beautiful. They’re masters of making a story that’s great for everyone watching, regardless of age, whether it’s just visually appealing and funny, or you notice the depth of plot and it makes you think. I get both out of Up, so mission accomplished there! I’m pretty sure I’m gonna love anything Pixar has to offer.