Monsters vs. Aliens Telivision Show

I’m actually one of those people who kind of liked the movie. Perhaps because everything else I’ve seen from Dreamworks pretty much without exception recently I’ve hated (yes, even KFP). MvA is a sendup, and it helps to know the original 50s horror movies they’re spoofing.

As far as them making a TV show out of it… blame the Europeans.
MvA did well in the US, but its take overseas was a disappointment (adequate, but by no means stellar) in countries like Germany. If it did as well as Shrek or KFP overseas, there’d be a 2nd movie instead of a TV show… but it didn’t do well enough outside the US for Dreamworks to want to invest so much in a sequel. Instead, they’re going the much cheaper route of a TV show. Again, blame the Europeans. If they had turned out in the same numbers to see the movie as they did for all the Shrek sequels, there’d be another MvA movie instead of a TV show :slight_smile:

I happen to personally hate TV show adapations of animated movies – but then I generally (with only a few exceptions) dislike most of the Dreamworks Animation fare too, so…

:open_mouth: AHHHH! Bad. Idea.

I was impressed with Monsters vs. Aliens, honestly. I enjoyed it better than I thought I would. [spoil]I thought some of the jokes involving the president in the film were too awkward, but that’s beside the point.[/spoil]
But I really really really don’t approve of it having any more added to it besides fanfiction. It had a good enough ending as it is. The storylines of the episodes of the TV show will be predictable and getting more predictable.

Rac_Rules: Yes, I know what you mean. Funny thing is, though, I liked some of Disney’s cheapquels/television shows. Granted, sometimes they were insults to the original films, sometimes they were questionable, and always they could never ever live up to the epicness of the first.

However, despite the bad animation, less emphasis on important points and more emphasis on cartoon humor and predictable, somewhat childish points, I really enjoyed the Lilo and Stitch series. I don’t get why they drew Stitch wrong, but I guess making TV show episodes meant less hard work into the animation and thinking things through. I watched as many episodes of the series as possible, though they did lose originality. I guess I liked the characters so much that I ignored the rest. What I didn’t like was the complete weakness of Leroy and Stitch, the final cheapquel made to complete the Lilo and Stitch saga. It lessened what was so well-done and important and lovable of the very first film!! It was probably the most childish cheapquel of them all, and I believe sucked compared to the original. Is it so bad, though, that I sometimes got up early in the morning to watch the Tarzan series? And The Little Mermaid? Looking back, I know they were weak compared to the originals, but maybe I was watching it because I just wanted to see more of the characters. :blush: Sorry, I went on a ramble there, didn’t I? It just feels good to type all that out, though.

Anyway, lemme get my post back on topic…DreamWorks isn’t that bad except for when it comes to some overused gross jokes and the cheapquelness. They really do seem to run out of ideas sometimes, so they make the TV shows and cheapquels because they are sometimes not only doing it for money but also doing it because they are still kinda blinded…thinking that making more unnecessary scenes and stories of the characters audiences love when the ending was alright the way it was would be a good thing…you know, adding more to seemingly no end because at the moment they can’t come up with anything else so they decide to expand on their previous works thinking it helps. Just like Disney did. Sometimes it works on some people, who are unaware at what is ruined and just want to see more, but the majority of the audience would shake their heads no to it and sigh.

Ahhhh…I surprised myself by rambling that much. You didn’t have to read all that (most likely looking at it, you just skimmed or skipped altogether- I don’t blame you). But yeah, you get my point. I’ve probably just stated what we all know already and just went on and on about it. Heh. :blush:

When will they stop!?

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. No, it was ridiculous with Penguins. These people need to stop, right now. They are only making themselves look bad. I thought they wanted to beat Disney? Say what you want about the mother company but they stopped making TV shows out of every other movie years ago, and even some of those TV shows were decent if you excuse the crappy animation. All they can accomplish with this is ruining the movie.

Haven’t they made a TV show from every single movie they’d made in a row? Yeah, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, M v.A. How can this be cost effective? It costs money to make these movies, and every single one? We’re in a recession! Just milk the franchises you already have, like the Mouse is doing.

I can take the 5 million sequels, but not crappy TV shows. Ya know what? Screw them. If they want to destroy a perfectly good movie, then that’s they’re own
stupidity.

Part of the reason I want to see M vs. A so bad (I admittedly have not seen it yet) is because of Hugh Laurie. That man is so full of win he might explode. Since they could never in a million years afford (or convince) for him to be in a TV show, the entire idea is so full of FAIL.

/endsrant[/i]

I wouldn’t not expect this from Dreamworks especially since they made that low-quality penguin cartoon on Nick

This is a time where I feel the need to say ‘oh for goodness sake’… I even have yet to see the film and they are already turning it into a television series?! Like I have said before, the film did not look staggeringly appealing to me by the trailers and whatnot, and now they come out with this?

Now, Kung Fu Panda, I’m not so sure about… I liked the film more than usual and I also got to see the Secrets Of The Furious Five (which was quite interesting as a prequel to the five kung fu fighters). But… they plan a sequel [i]AND[/i] a television show? If I do not think that is going way too far, than I don’t know what is.

Dreamworks have got $$$ written all over their faces and seem to be stuck in some obsessive money disorder!

Please no.

I hate when Dreamworks does this to their movies. It’s already bad enough that they run some of their good movies into the ground with god only knows how many sequels and spin offs. I really do hope that they stop this cycle one of these days.

D:

Amen. Dreamworks is better off just making movies, not these paltry cartoons on Nick.

I’d have to see the movie before i could make a direct decision, but i think they could pull it off.

The only thing is they usually lose a lot of their voice actors from the movie, and Seth Rogan has a very distinct voice, so that may be awkward.

I need to bu this movie though, it came out today!

Although i found it on shelves at a local cd dvd exchange yesterday! :stuck_out_tongue: